A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

zanzarra

Re: Hanako has infected my subconscious

Post by zanzarra »

After the game made me reflect a lot on my life ( a good thing, isn't it? ), like good fiction occasionally doas ( to me, at least ), I was restless for a long time.

What pulled me back into the "real" world was probably the way I went for 100% completion after getting all the heartwarming, tear-jerking endings. Somehow, things shifted into place when I slowly began tackling the unexplored bits of the KS storylines with my usual gamer mindset.

So, as impossible as it sounds, try to get some distance. This way, you can look back on a story you enjoyed - and not a dead-end alley in your life.

Also, since I'm quite introverted myself ( very few people I consider "real" friends, but fiercely loyal to them ), maybe this'll help you too:
Get out with some friends, visit some comfortable pub, down a few beers and spend the night talking ;)
One day I'll put more than 15 minutes of work into an avatar. One day.
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

zanzarra wrote: Also, since I'm quite introverted myself ( very few people I consider "real" friends, but fiercely loyal to them ), maybe this'll help you too:
Get out with some friends, visit some comfortable pub, down a few beers and spend the night talking ;)
This is my kind of advice.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
MrJackFrost

Post by MrJackFrost »

Nekken wrote:Play the other routes. You're in too deep, and you need some distance; the other routes will help to establish that.
I would say: play other game genre. For me, playing Persona 4 and CS: Condition Zero are quite effective in lifting my mood. ;)
Carpo diem! -- Seize the day!
Brisingr

Post by Brisingr »

I don't know if this will help you but this is what I do (and did) in situations like this. Get a 6 sided dice, think of 3-6 things you used to love doing, and role the dice. Whatever the dice lands on, do it, even if you don't feel like it at first. It always helps me after about 10 min in. I use this exercise basically just to make me do something because if I just sit there like a lump, I'll wish I did something while looking back.
Ctankep

Post by Ctankep »

Actually, thanks to this game (and Hanako) I've viewed disabled people and burnt victim the same, not saying that I've looked down or discriminate them! :(

Yes, it opened my view a lot more, it's not what on the outside but the inside that what make us unique. Honestly, I don't get the butterflies when looking at burned victims, but in the first place I could have careless for ordinary people...
asakayosapro

Post by asakayosapro »

>TheKingOfFacade

So much for facades. Oh, the irony.

Sarcasm aside, by any chance, is KS your first Visual Novel / story-driven eroge? if yes, I would not wonder why you feel that way.

I myself had played Hanko's route and found it to be quite the emotional experience. You can say it is on par with Aeka Shiraki's route in Yume Miru Kusuri, and has more or less the same emotional weight as Kana ~Little Sister~. But I did not get stuck in either of them - not because I did not love the chars at all - mind you, i really loved Aeka's route so much as to play it repeatedly, and not just for the 'moe' factor ( you all should know that 'burning feeling of a desire to protect and make happy that person - that is 'moe'; correct me if I am wrong) and i went through all kinds of bad ends for that one best end for Kana-
Kana Todo wrote:Today, I saw the ocean. I'm not afraid anymore.
DAMMIT.. T_T Don't go toward the light, take my kidney instead >.< ~!

...Anyway, you may need to break your introversion. I myself have problems with having relationships with girls and women; however, my problems are rather different in the sense that I have moral family obligations to attend to and things I need to get out of my way before i can say i am ready for a sustainable, satisfactory and happy relationship. But I will say, it is getting lonely at the top...

It is up to you if you want to read this. It is not a guide, it is a sort of reference, eye-opening information and will bring up a lot of facts for you to think about.

The Book of Pook

tl;dr man up
jsc_tidus

Post by jsc_tidus »

asakayosapro wrote:>TheKingOfFacade

So much for facades. Oh, the irony.

Sarcasm aside, by any chance, is KS your first Visual Novel / story-driven eroge? if yes, I would not wonder why you feel that way.

I myself had played Hanko's route and found it to be quite the emotional experience. You can say it is on par with Aeka Shiraki's route in Yume Miru Kusuri, and has more or less the same emotional weight as Kana ~Little Sister~. But I did not get stuck in either of them - not because I did not love the chars at all - mind you, i really loved Aeka's route so much as to play it repeatedly, and not just for the 'moe' factor ( you all should know that 'burning feeling of a desire to protect and make happy that person - that is 'moe'; correct me if I am wrong) and i went through all kinds of bad ends for that one best end for Kana-
Kana Todo wrote:Today, I saw the ocean. I'm not afraid anymore.
DAMMIT.. T_T Don't go toward the light, take my kidney instead >.< ~!

...Anyway, you may need to break your introversion. I myself have problems with having relationships with girls and women; however, my problems are rather different in the sense that I have moral family obligations to attend to and things I need to get out of my way before i can say i am ready for a sustainable, satisfactory and happy relationship. But I will say, it is getting lonely at the top...

It is up to you if you want to read this. It is not a guide, it is a sort of reference, eye-opening information and will bring up a lot of facts for you to think about.

The Book of Pook

tl;dr man up
definitely worth reading. good reading material :wink:
Harlequin13

Post by Harlequin13 »

Nekken wrote:Play the other routes. You're in too deep, and you need some distance; the other routes will help to establish that.

Hah, "You're in too deep". That felt really apt for some reason.

You're in "too deep". Fascinating thought that. We humans are just too intelligent... That's what I think anyway. We think too much. You realize that aswell, OP, don't you? Look at all the animals around us - they're simple. They just do whatever they need to do to survive. That's all they do, isn't it? They're just there, living.

Do they enjoy themselves? Are they "aware"? Maybe not. Maybe we humans just shouldn't be aware either. Perhaps it would've been better that way. Imagine if we weren't what we are now, instead being just some random small animals without the ability to think like we do now.

If that was the case, then what do you think would happen? Earth would be more beautiful, I'm guessing. But I could be wrong, I'm not that knowledgeable when it comes to this kind of stuff.

What if we, right now, are just part of some experiment or computer simulation made by our future selves. Or perhaps not even that. Perhaps some other beings, or being, would be responsible for it. "God"? Who knows. No one knows. We'll never know, will we? ... I would like to know. It's the only thing I want to know. Nothing else really matters to me, honestly... I want to know the truth of the "universe", time travel and the grandfather paradox, and the reason for anything existing at all. I would sacrifice my own life if I could know for just a moment the truth of everything.

... What are we humans doing exactly? What is our goal? Are we trying to expand out into the universe? Is that the ultimate goal of the human race? Is it really? To become masters of the universe essentially? I never get that impression. I think I've only seen humans doing something that enhances their own little life, usually because of greed. Never something that has any relevance to the big, big picture. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places. Well obviously I'm not doing any better myself. I just think too much, like OP.

I'll stop now.
Last edited by Harlequin13 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Dude, you had too much Ever17.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
charmisokay

Post by charmisokay »

I would say that the goal of the human race is the same as the other type of animals, with a small sub goal.
We want to survive, and our 2nd goal is comfort.
For most life is about "living" and enjoying doing so.

If we were less "thinking" creatures the world would probably look better than it does right now, but if we still were as clever and technology-aware as we are right now I dont think much would change.
After playing Lilly's route I started eating pizza with a knife and a fork ^^ I'm such a gentleman.
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

Harlequin13 wrote:

Hah, "You're in too deep". That felt really apt for some reason.

You're in "too deep". Fascinating thought that. We humans are just too intelligent... That's what I think anyway. We think too much. You realize that aswell, OP, don't you? Look at all the animals around us - they're simple. They just do whatever they need to do to survive. That's all they do, isn't it? They're just there, living.

Do they enjoy themselves? Are they "aware"? Maybe not. Maybe we humans just shouldn't be aware either. Perhaps it would've been better that way. Imagine if we weren't what we are now, instead being just some random small animals without the ability to think like we do now.

If that was the case, then what do you think would happen? Earth would be more beautiful, I'm guessing. But I could be wrong, I'm not that knowledgeable when it comes to this kind of stuff.

What if we, right now, are just part of some experiment or computer simulation made by our future selves. Or perhaps not even that. Perhaps some other beings, or being, would be responsible for it. "God"? Who knows. No one knows. We'll never know, will we? ... I would like to know. It's the only thing I want to know. Nothing else really matters to me, honestly... I want to know the truth of the "universe", time travel and the grandfather paradox, and the reason for anything existing at all. I would sacrifice my own life if I could know for just a moment the truth of everything.

... What are we humans doing exactly? What is our goal? Are we trying to expand out into the universe? Is that the ultimate goal of the human race? Is it really? To become masters of the universe essentially? I never get that impression. I think I've only seen humans doing something that enhances their own little life, usually because of greed. Never something that has any relevance to the big, big picture. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places. Well obviously I'm not doing any better myself. I just think too much, like OP.

I'll stop now.
Get a Hold of Yourself, Man!
The more meaning we attribute to life, the less we live it.
I can go on and on about how life can be glorious and how humans can be great, but why do that when there are those who can say it better? So i'll quote Ulysses by Lord Tennyson.
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are---
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
Harlequin13

Post by Harlequin13 »

Tomate wrote: Get a Hold of Yourself, Man!
The more meaning we attribute to life, the less we live it.
I can go on and on about how life can be glorious and how humans can be great, but why do that when there are those who can say it better? So i'll quote Ulysses by Lord Tennyson.
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are---
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Yes, I understand. Thank you. It would be best not to think about it naturally. It's dangerous. A friend actually told me that once. Too bad I didn't take his advice to heart. The key must be to do it in moderation... Thinking, that is. How obvious!

It's like my mind is sick. I bet alot of people around here got that "thing" after having played KS aswell. Like your head has a disease or something.
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

There is nothing wrong with thinking. Ignorance might seem a bliss at times, but even if a consciousness is a virus (read "Blindsight" by Peter Watts sometime) it is a virus, I personally adore.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
newnar

Post by newnar »

Sooner or later this discussion is gonna reach Maslow's hierachy of needs.
Maakasu_Taihaku

Post by Maakasu_Taihaku »

Im always thinking of her now
Hanako....can't stop thinking about her.....