New here and Just finished Hanako Story(somewat spoilers)

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Maakasu_Taihaku

New here and Just finished Hanako Story(somewat spoilers)

Post by Maakasu_Taihaku »

All i can say is wow....... just wow, Best novel visual or non visual i ever read....and i've read a fair share, though i'll admit first visual novel, truly a master piece, even if i read others i doubt i would even find another favourite, you devs are just.....wow :P, kinda depressed though.....cause its over. I still have the other stories to complete.....but Hanako......... :( wish it could go on forever...... I should've waited to do hers last... i plan on going back to her again though once I've done the rest.....I don't think i've read such a touching story.

Hanako's story was heart wrenching....and touching....The whole thing felt so personal and my heart was in it..i felt the good and the bad....Is it possible to fall in love with a fictional character XD funny thing is that was my bot question answer(unless thats everyones question and answer) Hanako. Either way. Im left wanting more from the story, but every great story must end.....one way or another....I even went with my heart and gut on the choices..I wish there was more....I wish wpuld get to understand Hanako fully, like Hisao will get to, im going to try to keep this Visual Novel with me through my life ;).

Hope to see more projects in the future?

again good work!!!!!

Oh and H...hello Everyone, Im new here nice to meet you! I wanted more...so i joined up...I hope to meet new friends and see what the Forums have to offer. Sorry for the rant lol :) just had to
Last edited by Maakasu_Taihaku on Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hanako....can't stop thinking about her.....
newnar

Re: New here and Just finished Hanako Story(somewat spoilers

Post by newnar »

I feel ya.
UncleJellyfish

Post by UncleJellyfish »

Welcome to the forums! I'm rather new myself, actually, but welcome, anyways. XD

If nothing else, a fair warning about Rin's♥ story. It'll destroy you. Either do it next, or save it for last. If you thought Hanako was wrenching, Rin♥ is soul crushing.
I'm a Jellyfish that just so happens to be someone's Uncle.
Rin♥ > Hanako > Shizune/Lilly > Emi
My Katawa Shoujo Impressions.
Katawa Shoujo - Written Novel Project
I hate spoiler tags, so I will never use them in discussion. If you don't want me to spoil something for you, then don't read what I write.
Maakasu_Taihaku

newnar wrote:I feel ya.

:D good to know i am not alone.....man i hate this feeling, now that the story is finished...i feel empty... i'll go back and read it again when i get the chance
newnar

Post by newnar »

UncleJellyfish wrote:Welcome to the forums! I'm rather new myself, actually, but welcome, anyways. XD

If nothing else, a fair warning about Rin's♥ story. It'll destroy you. Either do it next, or save it for last. If you thought Hanako was wrenching, Rin♥ is soul crushing.
I'm not sure about Rin's. I just finished it just yesterday. Rin's arc felt really...impersonal...compared to Hanako's. Most of my thoughts were logic puzzles as I was trying to work out wtf the dialogue is actually saying. Rin's end was soul-crashing. But if you compare the development and in-between parts, Hanako's.......god it hurts so bad........
Maakasu_Taihaku

im doing them all but i'll thionk about doing rin's next. Thanks for the warm welcomes.
Radien

Post by Radien »

Hey there! I'm new too, so rather than worrying about who should welcome who, I'll just give a friendly wave. :) Glad to talk to a fellow newbie. As for the subject of Hanako, well: ...

Hanako wasn't my first path -- Emi was -- but I followed Hanako's second. I had to correct a couple of missteps in order to get it going...Hanako is a touchy one. I did like most of her story, but I didn't like Hisao's actions near the end.

In real life, I have dated one or two girls who have had emotional problems much milder than Hanako's... and just from that, I can say that some of the methods Hisao used would probably not work on someone with Hanako's level of emotional scarring. I was particularly surprised when I found out that Hanako had received her burns at a young age, because everything else about her reactions seemed to point to the likelihood that she got them right before her entry into Yamaku. And what he does at the end of her story...it probably would have (and should have) driven her away.

In fact, specifically in Hanako's case, I think it would have been appropriate to have a slightly more "chaste" narrative. The undressing scene was very effective, and didn't really need to end on such a slippery note. :roll:
Paths completed so far (in order): Emi, Hanako, Shizune, Lilly (good endings)

Currently playing: Rin's path
Maakasu_Taihaku

Well to be honest i did save and picked to race emi... lol but i meant to go off path just to check her out quickly. she adorable but i fell for Hanako. really though i would stick with her in real life. I have infinite paitents and never out step my boundries i knew right away not to ask about her scars..

and thanks for the welcome :)
Radien

Post by Radien »

Maakasu_Taihaku wrote:Well to be honest i did save and picked to race emi... lol but i meant to go off path just to check her out quickly. she adorable but i fell for Hanako. really though i would stick with her in real life. I have infinite paitents and never out step my boundries i knew right away not to ask about her scars..

and thanks for the welcome :)
You know not to outstep your boundaries... but does Hisao? :P But anyway, I agree that Hanako is very charming. You definitely want it to turn out all right for her. And that friggin' cute hat.

I knew not to ask about her scars, but it didn't come naturally to avoid being too friendly at the outset. She's easily spooked, like a nervous cat....or a much younger girl. I know such people must exist, but I've never met any of them in real life.

Have a good time here! ^_^

Maakasu_Taihaku

Thanks Radien, and yeea i have her playing pool on the background of my PS3 with her hat, he style is very cute and cool. I love chess and pool, so i was surprised XD, i use to be good at both....doubt i can beat her if i tried now, but playing with her would be a expierence in its self. My pool table sadly got destroyed...and chess....no one to play with :'(
fcd15

Post by fcd15 »

you say hanako's the best, well i know you're just fakin'.
Maakasu_Taihaku

Your opinion, Dont start lol, you believe obviously in something differen't.

I am not faking, I can tell you that much. Wouldn't feel this strongly if i was.
What purpose would i have for faking, just cause i believe in something that you may not?

whether ur trolling or not its not worth my time or yours to argue. Since you won't get a emotional response from me.
thanks for the input though wrong as it is, and really kinda pointless, though alittle on subject(since ur commenting on topic and not purposely taking the subject somewhere else another trait of a troll) Reason i think its pointless so i don't offend is because i don't see how what i said made you think its fake.

Plus never said she was the best lol
IMO yes. Doesn't mean im not intolerant to others opinions.

If this is the case, and you continue you'll just be ignored
good day (^_^).

As for respectable inputs from others go on.
Radien

Post by Radien »

Maakasu_Taihaku wrote:Thanks Radien, and yeea i have her playing pool on the background of my PS3 with her hat, he style is very cute and cool. I love chess and pool, so i was surprised XD, i use to be good at both....doubt i can beat her if i tried now, but playing with her would be a expierence in its self. My pool table sadly got destroyed...and chess....no one to play with :'(
You like chess AND pool?... Haha, I can see her appeal for you. :D I'm sure Hanako would be very gracious if you played her, even if she thoroughly trounced you. ;)

And about truly liking Hanako:

I can relate. Heck, I could relate even if Hanako was a much more imperfect and annoying character. Here, let me show you two of my favorite characters from Japanese RPGs. (These two are male, so it doesn't have anything to do with attract for me.)

This is Nash from the Lunar series. This shot is from the oldest version of the game he appeared in. I used it because it provides a good approximation of his personality: this screenshot shows the first line he says in the game. They toned it down when they remade the game, but he DOES have a pretty big ego and an overdose of bravado that is far too big for a scrawny teenager like himself.

Suffice to say, he's an immature smartaleck who is difficult to get along with...but his behavior is all part of an ill-conceived attempt to get people to like and respect him. In real life I'd want to punch someone like him in the face... In a fictional game, however, he's just so pathetic that he tugs at my heartstrings. Poor guy. He deserves a big hug -- after everybody takes turns whacking him upside the head, anyway. ;)

Then there's this kid, from Star Ocean 2...

About 8-9 years old. Supergenius. Invented an intercontinental weapon mostly by himself. Has a large team of adult scientists at his beck and call. A rude, immature know-it-all who shows disdain to practically everybody.

But later in the game, after everything goes horribly wrong, he totally loses his cool facade and breaks into tears. He's just too much of a little kid for me to take any of his rudeness seriously. I can't help but feel big-brotherly instincts for the poor kid.

There's a term for this... I think it might even be mostly a Japanese concept, but I forget. The English term for it, though, is "the love of imperfect things." It manifests itself in anime as "that awkward, 'moe' girl who always trips over herself, bonks her head, or drops a tray full of plates." Sometimes is kind of a parental instinct, but other times it's just a basic human nature: you've gotta find some flaws endearing if you ever want to get close to anybody, because nobody's perfect. :)

Anyway, I've rambled a bit too much here, but basically, those are the reasons why I think it's perfectly understandable for you to like Hanako best, even though she's severely flawed and/or "damaged." As long as you take the right approach, it's okay to like (or love) people for similar reasons in real life, too.

Maakasu_Taihaku

Radien wrote:
Maakasu_Taihaku wrote:Thanks Radien, and yeea i have her playing pool on the background of my PS3 with her hat, he style is very cute and cool. I love chess and pool, so i was surprised XD, i use to be good at both....doubt i can beat her if i tried now, but playing with her would be a expierence in its self. My pool table sadly got destroyed...and chess....no one to play with :'(
You like chess AND pool?... Haha, I can see her appeal for you. :D I'm sure Hanako would be very gracious if you played her, even if she thoroughly trounced you. ;)

And about truly liking Hanako:

I can relate. Heck, I could relate even if Hanako was a much more imperfect and annoying character. Here, let me show you two of my favorite characters from Japanese RPGs. (These two are male, so it doesn't have anything to do with attract for me.)

This is Nash from the Lunar series. This shot is from the oldest version of the game he appeared in. I used it because it provides a good approximation of his personality: this screenshot shows the first line he says in the game. They toned it down when they remade the game, but he DOES have a pretty big ego and an overdose of bravado that is far too big for a scrawny teenager like himself.

Suffice to say, he's an immature smartaleck who is difficult to get along with...but his behavior is all part of an ill-conceived attempt to get people to like and respect him. In real life I'd want to punch someone like him in the face... In a fictional game, however, he's just so pathetic that he tugs at my heartstrings. Poor guy. He deserves a big hug -- after everybody takes turns whacking him upside the head, anyway. ;)

Then there's this kid, from Star Ocean 2...

About 8-9 years old. Supergenius. Invented an intercontinental weapon mostly by himself. Has a large team of adult scientists at his beck and call. A rude, immature know-it-all who shows disdain to practically everybody.

But later in the game, after everything goes horribly wrong, he totally loses his cool facade and breaks into tears. He's just too much of a little kid for me to take any of his rudeness seriously. I can't help but feel big-brotherly instincts for the poor kid.

There's a term for this... I think it might even be mostly a Japanese concept, but I forget. The English term for it, though, is "the love of imperfect things." It manifests itself in anime as "that awkward, 'moe' girl who always trips over herself, bonks her head, or drops a tray full of plates." Sometimes is kind of a parental instinct, but other times it's just a basic human nature: you've gotta find some flaws endearing if you ever want to get close to anybody, because nobody's perfect. :)

Anyway, I've rambled a bit too much here, but basically, those are the reasons why I think it's perfectly understandable for you to like Hanako best, even though she's severely flawed and/or "damaged." As long as you take the right approach, it's okay to like (or love) people for similar reasons in real life, too.
Ya i love chess and pool, just sadly no much practice lately, i could never beat my dad, but he was in a canadian championship for chess this was for fun and not for the cup, he didn't win, and he played pooled with his friends all the time at bars so this might mean i have potential XD, I wouldn't mind getting owned by Hanako haha.

and i never seen those characters before.

but i can see what you mean and agree, only way to love someone truly
fcd15

Post by fcd15 »

Maakasu_Taihaku wrote:Your opinion, Dont start lol, you believe obviously in something differen't.

I am not faking, I can tell you that much. Wouldn't feel this strongly if i was.
What purpose would i have for faking, just cause i believe in something that you may not?

whether ur trolling or not its not worth my time or yours to argue. Since you won't get a emotional response from me.
thanks for the input though wrong as it is, and really kinda pointless, though alittle on subject(since ur commenting on topic and not purposely taking the subject somewhere else another trait of a troll) Reason i think its pointless so i don't offend is because i don't see how what i said made you think its fake.

Plus never said she was the best lol
IMO yes. Doesn't mean im not intolerant to others opinions.

If this is the case, and you continue you'll just be ignored
good day (^_^).

As for respectable inputs from others go on.
lol man, chill. I'm just singing. Thought everybody had heard of it by now.