family guy episode

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

A ghost...

Re: family guy episode

Post by A ghost... »

Radien wrote:
russianspy1234 wrote:family guy makes fun of everyone and everything, disadvantaged or 1%ers. to say that they should stay away from making fun of joe, or the blind girl in that episode, or the down syndrome girl, is far more insulting than anything family guy has ever done.
I find the "we make fun of everybody" excuse is usually just a cop-out. It's like the coworker who has absolutely no tact, and when confronted about being rude, he says "I'm just being honest." If Family Guy is dedicated to simply pointing and giggling at everybody like a 5-year old, the idea itself is asinine and doesn't need to be encouraged.

Fortunately, not everything they have done is that bad. But most of it is.
Then you should never,ever,ever,EVER hang around cops-they make humor at the WORST things and laugh,bodies,rapes,dismemberments,disabled et cetera;about the only thing they don't laugh at is kids.

And I'm the same but worst,I DO laugh at everything including kids dead or otherwise.

And I hate people who get all pushed out of shape at stuff,they're annoying

Don't be an annoying,crusading ass,mmm~kay? too many of that in the world today for my tastes,Family Guy is dumb shit for a mindless crowd ignore it.

But there is some truly twisted,wonderful humor out there,try to ignore that too or you'll have heart failure and wind up like Hisou :wink:
"If I ever die, I'm begging you, please come with me
We're gonna groove, into the blue
All the parasites, oh just leave them, pigs can't fly
There's no tomorrow, no regrets, no goodbyes"
Candlemass
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

so what is the line ?? is being disable wrong but making fun of jews perfectly fine ... would this even be an issue if ks was never made ??

what can be made fun of in the media or life in general ?? was will and grace less offensive to homosexuals then family guy was to the disabled??
trailer trash is ok but how dare we say retard , dumb and blonde go together so well now don't they

i'll just end by saying that this topic is gay ... cause there is no way that will offend anyone ... everyone on the interet says it
hickwarrior

Post by hickwarrior »

rydiafan wrote:so what is the line ?? is being disable wrong but making fun of jews perfectly fine ... would this even be an issue if ks was never made ??

what can be made fun of in the media or life in general ?? was will and grace less offensive to homosexuals then family guy was to the disabled??
trailer trash is ok but how dare we say retard , dumb and blonde go together so well now don't they

i'll just end by saying that this topic is gay ... cause there is no way that will offend anyone ... everyone on the interet says it
It's fine to make a joke all in good taste. It's hard to define that, though. My guess is that with any joke that takes someone else as the butt of it, someone will end up offended.

Really, a joke on someone's behalf is fine as long as there is something that is very relatable and does need a change. That's what I think, but I think I'm just describing satire here.
Meh, I just liked how the location sounded in my mind. I'm not really into sailing myself.
newnar

Post by newnar »

Sigh, there is just no international law or widely-accepted theorem on what actually defines crossing the line between a joke and something offensive.
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

newnar wrote:Sigh, there is just no international law or widely-accepted theorem on what actually defines crossing the line between a joke and something offensive.
So it's up to people's own common sense and opinions ... we are fucked then
newnar

Post by newnar »

rydiafan wrote:
newnar wrote:Sigh, there is just no international law or widely-accepted theorem on what actually defines crossing the line between a joke and something offensive.
So it's up to people's own common sense and opinions ... we are fucked then
Quoted for truth.
Thrasher Thetic

Post by Thrasher Thetic »

Lol.

You CAN'T have a 'widely accepted' definition of what constitutes 'good taste'. Tastefulness, humor, art, all of these things are ENTIRELY subjective. If you try to define such a thing, you will inevitably make a fool of yourself.

These things have been up to peoples opinions since forever, yet the world continues to turn.

Effing get over it, if you don't like a particular brand of humor, don't consume it.
The only difference between theory and reality is that in theory there is no difference, but in reality there is.