family guy episode

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

themocaw

Re: family guy episode

Post by themocaw »

Futurama is superior to Family Guy or Simpsons anyway.
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

themocaw wrote:Futurama is superior to Family Guy or Simpsons anyway.
Post of the day.
Rikora

Post by Rikora »

Totally agree :lol:
Ivan The Mouse

Post by Ivan The Mouse »

Ura!
Warning:

This poster is prone to fits of auto-pilot typing, in which he will make posts with butchered grammar and sentence structure without knowing it.
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

It's a tv show plain and simple .... if u don't like don't watch ... should we stop telling blonde jokes too , what about your mamma jokes ... george carlin said much worse and most ppl thinks he is an icon , family guy makes a few blind jokes and they are evil bastards ... just because u don't agree with family guy doesn't mean u should ruin it for everyone else ... there is a power button on your remote , learn to use it
newnar

Post by newnar »

George Carlin makes sense.
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

newnar wrote:George Carlin makes sense.
point being ??
newnar

Post by newnar »

rydiafan wrote:
point being ??

You can't compare George Carlin to Family Guy. Family Guy is a show meant to be make people laugh. George Carlin is a person who makes people laugh without trying.
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

newnar wrote:
rydiafan wrote:
point being ??

You can't compare George Carlin to Family Guy. Family Guy is a show meant to be make people laugh. George Carlin is a person who makes people laugh without trying.
true ill give u that but ain't we talk about censoring family guy because we are offended but the disabled jokes they use .... some could say Barney ( on the simpsons ) was offensive to ppl who have problems with alochol , or homer was offensive to ppl with a weight problem ... family guy is just more blunt about it ... i say the same thing again don't watch if it pisses you off that much
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

rydiafan wrote:It's a tv show plain and simple .... if u don't like don't watch ... should we stop telling blonde jokes too , what about your mamma jokes ... george carlin said much worse and most ppl thinks he is an icon , family guy makes a few blind jokes and they are evil bastards ... just because u don't agree with family guy doesn't mean u should ruin it for everyone else ... there is a power button on your remote , learn to use it
Quoted for Truth.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

Now don't get me wrong family guy is very offensive ... but censorship is a slippery slope ... if we are given the right to censor family guy ... why dont we give the ppl who are offened by KS the right to censor KS ... it works both ways
sirhc1018

Post by sirhc1018 »

im not saying they should censor family guy most of what they do is ok its just that some jokes cross a line that shouldent be crossed having a entire episode about brian tricking a blind girl and making her look foolish is a bit to far maybe for the really dark jokes they should do some sort of test to see how people react to it before they publicly air it
and your right it did offend me and im choosing not to watch family guy anymore because this isint the first time they have crossed a line and im guessing it wont be the last
some people love that kind of humor and i think thats fine but iv matured to the point where i realize this probably isint my cup of tea anymore and it is just my opinion
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

The thing is, there are much more censorship worthy things than Family Guy (i.e. South Park).

It's not that Family Guy is offensive, because that's what it's meant for, poking fun at everything they can poke fun at. South Park is the same way, on a much more offensive level. However, I find that Trey Parker and Matt Stone actually work hard to write the show and come up with new ideas, whereas Seth MacFarlane and his crew really haven't tried that hard. They rely on the same typical jokes, and those same stupid repetitive scenes to get them to the next commercial. When it first came out and was in it's prime, Family Guy was a great show, but now that it's run it's course, they either need to find new writers, or just take the show off of the air.

/2cents
russianspy1234

Post by russianspy1234 »

A Humbled Fan wrote:The thing is, there are much more censorship worthy things than Family Guy (i.e. South Park).

It's not that Family Guy is offensive, because that's what it's meant for, poking fun at everything they can poke fun at. South Park is the same way, on a much more offensive level. However, I find that Trey Parker and Matt Stone actually work hard to write the show and come up with new ideas, whereas Seth MacFarlane and his crew really haven't tried that hard. They rely on the same typical jokes, and those same stupid repetitive scenes to get them to the next commercial. When it first came out and was in it's prime, Family Guy was a great show, but now that it's run it's course, they either need to find new writers, or just take the show off of the air.

/2cents
who decides what is and isnt worthy of being censored though? like someone else mentioned, plenty of people would find KS offensive and want to censor it.
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

russianspy1234 wrote:
A Humbled Fan wrote:The thing is, there are much more censorship worthy things than Family Guy (i.e. South Park).

/2cents
who decides what is and isnt worthy of being censored though? like someone else mentioned, plenty of people would find KS offensive and want to censor it.
That's an easy one to answer. In America, television, as well as internet and radio, is regulated by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Cable television system operators generally make their own selection of channels and programs to be distributed to subscribers in response to consumer demands. The Commission does, however, have rules in some areas that are applicable to programming -- called "origination cablecasting" in the rules -- that are subject to the editorial control of the cable system operator. The rules generally do not apply to the content of broadcast channels or to access channels over which the cable system operator has no editorial control.

If you are interested and have the time, check out this article. It's interesting, and it explains everything about how the FCC controls what it does:

http://people.howstuffworks.com/fcc-obscenity.htm