nomiya

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

DH531

Re: nomiya

Post by DH531 »

At first I thought he was quite weird too, but nice at the same time. Then when Act 3 and 4 came, I felt like punching him alot -_-
Same with Jigoro too, thought he was funny until he starts insulting everyone >.>
Ivan The Mouse

Post by Ivan The Mouse »

DH531 wrote:At first I thought he was quite weird too, but nice at the same time. Then when Act 3 and 4 came, I felt like punching him alot -_-
Same with Jigoro too, thought he was funny until he starts insulting everyone >.>
Aye. Frankly, I can tolerate Nomiya, but Jigoro, I want his blood to be on me and my non-existing children.
Warning:

This poster is prone to fits of auto-pilot typing, in which he will make posts with butchered grammar and sentence structure without knowing it.
Kirkner

Post by Kirkner »

Notguest wrote:
russianspy1234 wrote:and then there was the fact that during a non rin path, he leaves for a time whereas he stays if you tell him you want to join the art club. seemed like he was trying to ensure you didnt encroach on his territory.
What? I don't recall any mention of him on the other paths. I do wonder why Shizune's afraid of him though.
I think it's implied as with how she's afraid of Hanako at the start, although i'm not stating how Hanako and him are the same at all. Shizune being the spiffy kind of person or a somewhat orderly character, you can assume how she naturally dislikes people like Nomiya, not so much for Rin ironically.
A Kimikiss x Katawa Shoujo comparison...
Mao - Rin... ?
Yuumi - Lily
Asuka - Emi
Eriko - Hanako
Mitsuki - Shizune
Best I could come up with strangely enough.
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

In the end, I think the thing that disgusted me the most about Nomiya was his cowardice. IIRC, he admits to Hisao that he was not a failed artist, but rather a person who never pursued art as a career at all, opting to observe and guide others instead. He was too afraid to face the kind of challenges Rin goes through, likely because of the artist who had killed himself in the atelier; he could never go so far as to "destroy" himself. And yet, he claims to know what a "real" artist is, and goes so far as to denounce Rin. It's what made his final rant on her so horrid to me - the blatant hypocrisy.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
MrJackFrost

Post by MrJackFrost »

Well, in the middle of Act 2 (when he told Rin about his friends' interest in her) I thought that "Maybe this guy gonna exploit her later." Turns out I was correct. He IS a capital A Asshole. Plus, when you see him laughing, it gives you the image of a perverted middle aged man. (_ _")a
Carpo diem! -- Seize the day!
Kirkner

Post by Kirkner »

MrJackFrost wrote: when you see him laughing, it gives you the image of a perverted middle aged man. (_ _")a
Looking at an adult magazine at the konbini store (I got that song stuck on my head now) if I may add lol
Mao - Rin... ?
Yuumi - Lily
Asuka - Emi
Eriko - Hanako
Mitsuki - Shizune
MrJackFrost

Post by MrJackFrost »

Kirkner wrote:
MrJackFrost wrote: when you see him laughing, it gives you the image of a perverted middle aged man. (_ _")a
Looking at an adult magazine at the konbini store (I got that song stuck on my head now) if I may add lol
Ummm.... What song? (^-^?)a
Palodin

Post by Palodin »

MrJackFrost wrote:
Kirkner wrote:

This, if I'm not mistaken
Kirkner

Post by Kirkner »

Palodin wrote:
MrJackFrost wrote:
Ummm.... What song? (^-^?)a[/quote]

This, if I'm not mistaken[/quote]
I got hooked on it from mishimmie.com firstly, then youtube really. oh mishimmie, I love you. ~Konbini eh stooooowr~
Mao - Rin... ?
Yuumi - Lily
Asuka - Emi
Eriko - Hanako
Mitsuki - Shizune
MrJackFrost

Post by MrJackFrost »

Kirkner wrote:
Palodin wrote:
MrJackFrost wrote:

This, if I'm not mistaken[/quote]
I got hooked on it from mishimmie.com firstly, then youtube really. oh mishimmie, I love you. ~Konbini eh stooooowr~[/quote]

Thank you, Good Guy Palodin! :D I see... Now I remember that I saw it on Mishimmie too. ^^ Now I can't get those Lilly's expression from my mind. Thanks for destroying Lilly's image. (T-T")
Carnificus

Post by Carnificus »

Ugh, yeah, I hate Nomiya. Well written as a complete asshole.
"Stories never begin nor do they end. They are comprised of people living, an endless cycle of interacting, influencing each other, and parting ways. As long as stories are told they shall not have clear endings." -Vice President Gustav St. Germain
Kirkner

Post by Kirkner »

Carnificus wrote:Ugh, yeah, I hate Nomiya. Well written as a complete asshole.
Just how an adult should normally be, or should I say a perfect example of an adult.
Mao - Rin... ?
Yuumi - Lily
Asuka - Emi
Eriko - Hanako
Mitsuki - Shizune
zanzarra

Post by zanzarra »

Kirkner wrote:
Just how an adult should normally be, or should I say a perfect example of an adult.
The game downloader asks you to verifiy specifically that you're at an age where most of the world considers you legally adult.

Just thought this'll be better than the usual "well that shows your age pretty well" comment.

Haters gonna hate...
One day I'll put more than 15 minutes of work into an avatar. One day.
Kirkner

Post by Kirkner »

zanzarra wrote:
Kirkner wrote:
The game downloader asks you to verifiy specifically that you're at an age where most of the world considers you legally adult.

Just thought this'll be better than the usual "well that shows your age pretty well" comment.

Haters gonna hate...
Sorry if I'm misunderstanding something here but I was referring to how Nomiya was in the game. Not hating on actual people here oo (just the fictional)
Mao - Rin... ?
Yuumi - Lily
Asuka - Emi
Eriko - Hanako
Mitsuki - Shizune
zanzarra

Post by zanzarra »

Didn't imply that, just had a little grin about the "all adults are evil" vibes your comment gave off.
One day I'll put more than 15 minutes of work into an avatar. One day.