4LS is an inspiration to indie developers

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ovoon7

4LS is an inspiration to indie developers

Post by ovoon7 »

This game has inspired me not just with the story and characters that were so well done, but with the development team of this game.

When I first saw the game, I laughed. I thought it was supposed to be taken as a joke, playing satire on all the weird fetish visual novels. After all, it is an eroge game where you date disabled girls, made by people from 4Chan.
But after I started Rin's story, I knew I was dead wrong. Then I went to the forums and saw it exploding with a positive reaction. I then grinded all the girls paths to completion. (good endings)

4LS is possibly my new favorite indie development team, right next to Wolffire games and Frictional. I heard somewhere that they are disbanding after the release. This makes me incredibly sad.

I once attempted to make a game akin to Persona 3 and 4, with a team of friends in my basement. Things were going alright, until we realized that none of us have experience, and our idea was too ambitious. Too much was holding us back. Now I feel like we can pull something off, because 4LS inspired me. I hope any of you other creative people out there feel the same, because I think we ALL want to see more stuff like this. Thank you 4LS, you guys deserve a freaking documentary, and an award.

The soundtrack is beautiful. Anything by Blue123 and NicolArmarfi made the game so much more enjoyable.

The animated cutscenes are very impressive, and deep. (Hanako and Rins I think I have watched 400 times a piece. Also, DAT CLOCK.)

The art is beautiful.

The writing is deep, emotional, and highly thought provoking. I can't stop thinking about this game.

You guys deserve much praise, and I am so excited to see that something like this has gotten such a positive reception. It's things like this that change the game industry.
1.Rin
2.Hanako
3.Lilly
4.Emi
5.Shizune

-1. Kenji
UncleJellyfish

Re: 4LS is an inspiration to indie developers

Post by UncleJellyfish »

Here here! Well said. It is indeed sad that 4LS disbanded. I know that Katawa Shoujo, as it is, is completed, and that they won't be making a sequel or adding anymore content, but I'd be ecstatic to hear about them making a new VN, or new anything for that matter. They've done so much for so many people by making Katawa Shoujo.
I'm a Jellyfish that just so happens to be someone's Uncle.
Rin♥ > Hanako > Shizune/Lilly > Emi
My Katawa Shoujo Impressions.
Katawa Shoujo - Written Novel Project
I hate spoiler tags, so I will never use them in discussion. If you don't want me to spoil something for you, then don't read what I write.
newnar

Post by newnar »

Let's await mentaru shoujo
Ivan The Mouse

Post by Ivan The Mouse »

newnar wrote:Let's await mentaru shoujo
I don't think so, Timothy.
Warning:

This poster is prone to fits of auto-pilot typing, in which he will make posts with butchered grammar and sentence structure without knowing it.