What else made you cry?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

MoonShadow

What else made you cry?

Post by MoonShadow »

There are a lot of topics about how emotional Katawa Shoujo is and all, and that picked my curiosity. I don't cry often, but I like the game, movies and cie. that can make me cry. So I was wondering, for those who cried because of Katawa Shoujo like me, what else made you cry? I don't want to know about the time your dog died, because I couldn't live that experience too. I want to know about visual novels, movies, books, games, etc. that I could find and try too.

Of course, I'll talk about my experience first. So here come all the things that made me cry in the last 5 years :

Katawa Shoujo : Of course, that's the base of my post. I cried on Rin's neutral ending and twice on Lily's good ending.

Brass Restoration : Another VN. It's been a long time since I played it, so I don't remember why or how many times I cried, but I sure did and more than once.

Saya no Uta : A gore and violent VN. Still managed to make me cry on one of the bad endings, when the protagonist get imprisoned in a sanatarium.

Naruto : An anime. I cried only once, when Haku died (around episode 20). And yes I watched all the episodes.

Podzim : A VN short but intense. I cried on Midori's bad ending, right when Takkun puts a green tea beside the gravestone.

Elfen Lied : A manga (I think it's also in anime form). Right when Nyuu sings that german song.

I can't think of anything else right now, but I might come up with something else later. Now, your turn!
"If there can be no victory, then I will fight forever."
-Koth of the Hammer

"If you're not having fun, what's the point of living forever?"
-An unknown vampire

You can spot a werewolf-infested town by its lack of butcher shops.

Don't underestimate the aerodynamic qualities of the common goblin.
MoonShadow

Re: What else made you cry?

Post by MoonShadow »

Just to clarify... When I'm talking about crying, I don't mean breaking the floods and crying until you are out of breath ; just some tears running down your cheeks. All of what I mentioned here is only that, a few tears. I don't think I cried full force since I was 10.

Also, I remembered another thing that made me cry :

La tête haute : It's a french song by Les Cowboys Fringants about a 19 years old boy that learns he will die in less than 2 months.

Edit : I just saw that this thread might be really similar to this one : http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5389. But there is a difference ; I don't want "The Feels", I want to cry. If I were trying to list all that makes me depressed or sad, it would take hours. I am not looking for ideas on how to get depressed or sad ; heck, around these times I don't need any help to get depressed. Crying is different. It's liberating, and when it's over I feel so good. Since I already know what happens in the things listed above, they won't make me cry again, so that's why I'm looking for new ideas.
"If there can be no victory, then I will fight forever."
-Koth of the Hammer

"If you're not having fun, what's the point of living forever?"
-An unknown vampire

You can spot a werewolf-infested town by its lack of butcher shops.

Don't underestimate the aerodynamic qualities of the common goblin.
UncleJellyfish

Post by UncleJellyfish »

The regular ending to FFX. Only game to make me cry besides Katawa Shoujo.
I'm a Jellyfish that just so happens to be someone's Uncle.
Rin♥ > Hanako > Shizune/Lilly > Emi
My Katawa Shoujo Impressions.
Katawa Shoujo - Written Novel Project
I hate spoiler tags, so I will never use them in discussion. If you don't want me to spoil something for you, then don't read what I write.
contown

Post by contown »

Darker than Black, when Suou dies, and IMMEDIATELY AFTER, if that wasn't enough, Hei is forced to kill Yin.
Busou Renkin, when Kazuki takes Victor up to the moon. It really should've ended that way, it killed that moment when they had the ass-pull happy ending.
Wankou to Kurasou, when Mikan comes back after being kidnapped.

Oh, and I cried rage tears at the clusterfuck that is Evangelion. Does that count?
Quietpower

Post by Quietpower »

In order of closeness to bawling, since I haven't actually cried over a story before.

Da Capo (I, I:SS, II, and II:SS) [eye wiping at multiple points]
Clannad After Story [eye wiping at a few points]
Yume Miru Kusuri [eye wiping throughout Aeka's path and Nekoko's path]
Chobits [eye wiping towards the end]
Love Hina Manga Ending (Happy tears)

Edit: Forgot Yume Miru Kusuri
PasterOfMuppets

Post by PasterOfMuppets »

Disney/ Pixar's "UP"
Enough said.
Good joke... Everybody laugh... Roll on snare drum... Curtains...

Hanako = Shizune = Lilly = Rin > Kenji > Placeholder > Emi
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

Final Fantasy IX - The "You're Not Alone!" sequence. Enough said.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

keeping with the final fantasy theme ..... celes jumping off a cliff , trying to commit sucide in ff6
UncleJellyfish

Post by UncleJellyfish »

PasterOfMuppets wrote:Disney/ Pixar's "UP"
Enough said.
^ Oh, this, too. I got happy tears with Wall-E, as well.
I'm a Jellyfish that just so happens to be someone's Uncle.
Rin♥ > Hanako > Shizune/Lilly > Emi
My Katawa Shoujo Impressions.
Katawa Shoujo - Written Novel Project
I hate spoiler tags, so I will never use them in discussion. If you don't want me to spoil something for you, then don't read what I write.
Mr. Jack

Post by Mr. Jack »

Clannad.
charmisokay

Post by charmisokay »

Cutting onions.
Damn them all.
After playing Lilly's route I started eating pizza with a knife and a fork ^^ I'm such a gentleman.
Robnonymous

Post by Robnonymous »

The most explicit amount of tears I can recall shedding over a piece of media is at the end of The Green Mile. When John Coffey is about to be electrocuted and they go to put the hood on him. "I'm scared of the dark." It was all I could do to keep from bawling my eyes out at that point.

The end credits of Persona 4 also made me mist up something fierce. I felt like I was saying goodbye to some very dear friends. :cry:
Bad Dreams (Hanako) - My first KS fanfic. it's actually a happy story
Reconciliation - (a Hanako bad-end story) - My second KS fanfic. Not all that happy.
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

Movies tend to move me the most to tears, I can remember bawling to The Green Mile, Dragonheart, The Land Before Time and others when I was younger. I've been affected by video games and other media too, but only Metal Gear Solid 4 has moved me to tears (Only due to me being a massive fan of the series for ten years and having played the previous games in the weeks leading up the release of MGS4 making the multitude of references, fan service and general onslaught of the game's cutscenes all the more potent. For all its faults, some gorgeous imagery in that game). Katawa Shoujo certainly gave me a lot of pause for thought and had many penny drop moments as I realised how true some of the messages were.
DH531

Post by DH531 »

.Katawa Shoujo obviously: Cried at Emi's good ending, cried alot during Lilly's route and her endings (I got the bad ending twice so the good ending had an even bigger impact), during Hanako's route.
.'Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai' AKA 'Ano Hana': on the last episode when Poppo confesses that he saw Menma fall down the hill, all the emotions I bottled up from all the other episodes just let loose and I cried until the end of the episode :cry:

Can't remember anything else at the moment...
TheKingOfFacade

Post by TheKingOfFacade »

The movie : A.I. Artificial Intelligence - The ending, every single time at the ending.

The game : NIER *I'm going to spoiler just everything because if you are interested in playing it, it is one game you REALLY don't want spoiled* The soundtrack played with the scenes is what hit me the hardest, when the King of Facade kills and is fately injured by Goose, then Emil's Karma started to play I broke out into tears. The same with Beepy and Kalil (It only hit me recently that when Beepy is on the ceiling, he's trying to get Kalil to exit through the hole in order to save him from harm, and I killed them, both. Roc's dieing cutscene was a tear jerker too. I suppose the thing that really upset me is the fact that not a single person comes out positively. Kaine is dead/Nier ceases to exist depending on the ending, Devola and Popola are dead meaning that that they can't create any more Gestalt's which means the current generation of "humans" is the last that there ever will be, The only very slight piece of closure you have is that Emil survived the fight with Devola and Popola, but with no one else around he'll be alone; Again.
It's a tragedy that the fanbase is tiny, I've only ever met 3-4 people that have ever played it. 2 of which haven't completed it and 1 didn't like it.