A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

newnar

Re: What else made you cry?

Post by newnar »

Elfen Lied manga ending
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

I got sad towards the end of Clannad, but man, little did I know that Clannad: AS would be even more of a tear-jerker.
DH531

Post by DH531 »

A Humbled Fan wrote:I got sad towards the end of Clannad, but man, little did I know that Clannad: AS would be even more of a tear-jerker.
Damn it, i'm only half way through Clannad and the tears are pouring. Still I can't wait to watch Clannad AS :)

Also this song made me cry just now:
Sakurairo Mau Koro by Mika Nakashima. The song alone didn't make me cry, mainly because I don't understand japanese fully yet and I downloaded it ages ago but watching the PV, it hit me, the 'manly' tears came :cry:
Riku

Post by Riku »

KS made me cry and made me more susceptible to feels. This in turn, made me cry at one other thing so far.

Angel Beats. During it, I came close a few times. Once I finished it, I just let out all the leftover feels from KS and all the sadness from the ending of Angel Beats (a.k.a. I sat there crying for a good 15 minutes.)

Also Schindler's List makes me cry every time. Liam Neeson does an excellent job.

Also Mr. Rogers's acceptance speech for the Lifetime Achievement Award.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I know that reopening old threads is frowned on, but this is a subject I was thinking about, and thought it was preferable to starting a new one.

I've got a long list. Mostly older stuff.

Movies:
Opening credits of Laupta: Castle in the Sky
The ending of Titanic (before those evil vocals started during the credits)
Somewhere in Time ( A time travel movie from 1980)
The ending of the second Cardcaptor Sakura movie.

Games:
Ending of FF IX
Ending of The Walking Dead

TV shows:

Doctor Who (Donna leaving, The Doctor saying goodbye to Sarah Jane, and the Tenth Doctors regeneration scene.)
Almost ever season finale of Sailor Moon
Final episode of Magic Knights Rayearth
Very last episode of Babylon 5.
Last edited by pandaphil on Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Riku wrote: Also Schindler's List makes me cry every time. Liam Neeson does an excellent job.
Wouldn't blame you there. That was one man's experience in a system that is among the most vile of any era.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Firestarter (book).

Titanic's ending - not because it was sad but because I wasted time watching that shit movie.

Getting stoned (as in, pelted with rocks).

The Walking Dead....Ouch.
Last edited by Xanatos on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
CaptPonyholder

Post by CaptPonyholder »

Games that made me teary-eyed:

Kingdom Hearts 358/2
The Walking Dead (Episode 5, precision)

Games that made me lose all self-control:

To The Moon (Oh god, best. Game. Ever. Sorry KS, you are amazing, but nothing will beat this in terms of tears per second)
Katawa Shoujo
Yellow 13

Post by Yellow 13 »

This part on "To the moon"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkvVr6n1cGk

;_;
When the war, has been won
And our march home begins
What awaits has not yet been revealed
What was won? what was lost?
Will our deeds be remembered?
Are they written on stone or in sand?

ArazelEternal

Post by ArazelEternal »

KS of course.

Brass Restoration did a couple times, especially on Kouri's route.

Homeward (another free VN made with Ren'Py) did a couple times, especially on Sora's route.

Clannad AS. Yeah... that one was painful...

Angel Beats. Especially on Yui's last episode where she disappears and also on the last episode when Kanade finally disappears. Both are emotional enough with the story behind it, but to have that song in there too, Ichiban No Takaramono (My Most Precious Treasure in English). Also when Iwasawa disappears after singing that song of hers. Fuckin a...

Lilly = Hanako, Emi, Rin, Shizune
I fell in love with Lilly and Hanako

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be your Emiest.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Oh jeez, how could I forget about the ending to the Walking Dead game? Holy crap!

Poor Clem. The second chapter can't get here fast enough! :(
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Dream

Post by Dream »

Didn't cry, but got kinda teary eyed when Laura's parent's learned about her death in Twin Peaks. For that matter, pretty much all scene that involve people remembering Laura are pretty strong emotionally.

Also got very teary eyed at many moments of the film adaptation of "Choke"

Ending of "Requiem for a Dream" was pretty devastating as well, plus other scene from the same movie.

Might or might not have gotten teary at the ending of "The Wrestler" or Mufasa's death in "The Lion King"
Xanatos wrote:Getting stoned (as in, pelted with rocks).
Wait what.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Dream wrote:Didn't cry, but got kinda teary eyed when Laura's parent's learned about her death in Twin Peaks.

Wait what.
Oh god, Twin Peaks. I forgot that... :( That part is full of camp but still sad. :lol:

And yeah, getting stoned hurts. For any interested, I was chased down by a mob of neighborhood kids and stoned when I was six. My no-longer-brother (disowned him) led the group (or, at the least, stood in front and helped).
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Eraser35

Post by Eraser35 »

pandaphil wrote:I know that reopening old threads is frowned on, but this is a subject I was thinking about, and thought it was preferable to starting a new one.

I've got a long list. Mostly older stuff.

Movies:
Opening credits of Laupta: Castle in the Sky
The ending of Titanic (before those evil vocals started during the credits)
Somewhere in Time ( A time travel movie from 1980)
The ending of the second Cardcaptor Sakura movie.

Games:
Ending of FF IX

TV shows:

Doctor Who (Donna leaving, The Doctor saying goodbye to Sarah Jane, and the Tenth Doctors regeneration scene.)
Almost ever season finale of Sailor Moon
Final episode of Magic Knights Rayearth
Very last episode of Babylon 5.
please mid-season finale of series 7 now that hurt so bad
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Eraser35 wrote:
please mid-season finale of series 7 now that hurt so bad
Another one I forgot. Thanks.

Did you see the P.S video on Youtube? That thing damn near killed me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWU6XL9xI4k