What else made you cry?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Caden Tiksaril

Re: What else made you cry?

Post by Caden Tiksaril »

I didn't exactly cry while reading through Katawa Shoujo, but I did cry once later on as KS helped me recognize some of the real-life circumstances I was forcing on myself, if that counts. It still wasn't easy though. I don't cry easily in general actually, even when I feel it would probably help me.
- My Youtube, used mostly for my Touhou achievements.
- My Skype name is funen1.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Caden Tiksaril wrote:I didn't exactly cry while reading through Katawa Shoujo, but I did cry once later on as KS helped me recognize some of the real-life circumstances I was forcing on myself, if that counts. It still wasn't easy though. I don't cry easily in general actually, even when I feel it would probably help me.
KS tends to do that...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Welcome to teh group Caden. I wasn't a big cryer either til KS came along. Now damn near everything sets me off.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Just thought of another one for the list. Pan's Labyrinth. Damn, the ending of that movie just tore me all up inside.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Sticking a slice of onion directly beneath my eye.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Xanatos wrote:Sticking a slice of onion directly beneath my eye.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

HAHAHAHAHHA! You big pussy!

;)
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:

;)
Yeah, I know. How dare I have a natural uncontrollable reaction to irritation of the eyeball. :P
Dream

Post by Dream »

Attempting suicide.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Xanatos wrote:
pandaphil wrote:

;)
Yeah, I know. How dare I have a natural uncontrollable reaction to irritation of the eyeball. :P
In unrelated stuff, apparently tears that come out due to emotions have a different composition compared to tears that come out as part of the body's defence.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Fiandra

Post by Fiandra »

Had a papercut.
@Ygdrasel wrote:All's fair in poop and war.
-Insert favorite KS girls here-
teh twitter
teh steem
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Dream wrote:Attempting suicide.
That's pretty dark, bro.
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

Hrm, one good case for me would be Blue Drop.

I was ... "So what?" throughout the first few episodes, then it went to "Oh come on, that'd be cruel, don't do that!" and then the ending came, and ... :cry:
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

I cry because of the weirdest reasons sometimes... Like when I watched the 3rd route in Yosuga no Sora. I cried every time the protagonist's sister showed up.
Why? Because she was cute. :?
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
CreedKeeper25

Post by CreedKeeper25 »

For Katawa Shoujo, just hearing Painful History bursts the dam, as I always remember the scene of Hanako lying on her bed, crying.

In Gears of War 3, when Dom sacrifices himself that was one of the most depressing scenes I've seen in a video game. Especially when you consider his state of being at the time.

This last one isn't so much crying as an emotional response in general. In Mass Effect 3, when it seems like Grunt sacrificed himself I was on the verge, since he was one of my favorite characters. However, when you see him walking out of that cave, covered in Rachni blood, I slammed my fists into my desk with pure joy. I don't know why that scene got to me so much, when I've probably seen it dozens of times before in different movies/games, but damn did I love that game

I'm sure there are more, but for now those three stand out the most
SpecimenSix wrote:And not crying when you read KS doesn't mean you're a man. It means you have no soul. :lol:
Hanabro