What else made you cry?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Dream

Re: What else made you cry?

Post by Dream »

Xanatos wrote:Oh god, Twin Peaks. I forgot that... :( That part is full of camp but still sad. :lol:

And yeah, getting stoned hurts. For any interested, I was chased down by a mob of neighborhood kids and stoned when I was six. My no-longer-brother (disowned him) led the group (or, at the least, stood in front and helped).
The end of the pilot when the mother starts screaming is campy at its finest :lol:. And yeah, Laura's theme can be rather campy sometimes, but still feels like a very moving and honest piece i think.

And man, i admit that's pretty shocking and sad that you were stoned by a group led by your brother no less with things that weren't weed... Which makes me feel all the more bad at the fact that, for some inexplicable reason, i couldn't avoid picturing someone yelling "Fuck you CJ!", and some wild shit ensuing, and not being able to stop laughting at the mental image :lol:

But seriously speaking, that's pretty terrible and must have been scary. By the way, do you mean to say that your parents disowned him?

Also, a scene that almost made me cry, the final scene and Kaji's death, and his final message to Misato of Evangelion's episode 21 :cry:
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Eraser35

Post by Eraser35 »

pandaphil wrote:
Eraser35 wrote:
please mid-season finale of series 7 now that hurt so bad
Another one I forgot. Thanks.

Did you see the P.S video on Youtube? That thing damn near killed me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWU6XL9xI4k
I have now and its almost like the actual opening scene from Return of the Jedi that got cut it adds that extra bit more to it
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Dream wrote:i couldn't avoid picturing someone yelling "Fuck you CJ!", and some wild shit ensuing, and not being able to stop laughting at the mental image :lol:

But seriously speaking, that's pretty terrible and must have been scary. By the way, do you mean to say that your parents disowned him?
:lol: Oh god...And no, I did.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Xanatos wrote:
Dream wrote:i couldn't avoid picturing someone yelling "Fuck you CJ!", and some wild shit ensuing, and not being able to stop laughting at the mental image :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised, really.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Parliament

Post by Parliament »

Xanatos wrote:

Disowning him would have been second on my list after a healthy revenge beat-down, I'm glad you had the self restraint to see in the moment it wouldn't have really helped anything =)
I wish I had some kind of succinct piece of wisdom to put here. Oh well, bathrobes are comfy =)
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Parliament wrote:
Xanatos wrote:

Disowning him would have been second on my list after a healthy revenge beat-down, I'm glad you had the self restraint to see in the moment it wouldn't have really helped anything =)
I beat him while he was drunk once. He hurt my wrist and it pissed me off. :lol: And it's less self-restraint and more "I have palsy that renders my right side weak and useless, so I can't win in a fist fight." xD
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
stateside

Post by stateside »

if you think this game makes you cry try "Kana, Little Sister".

that will really have the tears pouring down. I defy a macho man to play any path of that game an have dry eyes.!

there are a few ecchi scenes but not a lot and they are part of the story.

I hardly noticed them while I was trying to keep my eyes dry.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

And I completely forgot about "Vincent and the Doctor". Damn those last 10 minutes were a rollercoaster ride of emotions.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

stateside wrote:if you think this game makes you cry try "Kana, Little Sister".

that will really have the tears pouring down. I defy a macho man to play any path of that game an have dry eyes.!

there are a few ecchi scenes but not a lot and they are part of the story.

I hardly noticed them while I was trying to keep my eyes dry.
I have that downloaded. Haven't played any yet. I actually got it as a part of the search that got me KS. xD
elgolas

Post by elgolas »

I had the bad ending in the hanako story and i cried :( its so sad
inquisitivenegro

Post by inquisitivenegro »

Clannad.

lol
Last edited by inquisitivenegro on Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
$50 says I live more South than all of you
rz3

Post by rz3 »

I had a long list, but decided to just post one:

The movie 'Schindler's List': One of the best movies ever made, in my opinion. What's more, it's based on real events. At the end, Liam Neeson got me stronger than any other movie has. How can you not be affected by that? How much is a life worth?
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

rz3 wrote:How much is a life worth?
That depends on the life.

One thing that almost made me cry: The guy behind the cinematography on Schindler's List also worked on Cool As Ice.
Dream

Post by Dream »

Xanatos wrote:That depends on the life.

One thing that almost made me cry: The guy behind the cinematography on Schindler's List also worked on Cool As Ice.
Mine, from example, is worthless. Mainly because i feel there's nothing that can give it worth anymore.

And man, From Schindler's List to Cool as Ice is really falling down, i'm pretty sure the guy spent a week drinking in his apartment after finishing the movie :lol:

On topic: Silent Hill 2. So, so much Silent Hill 2. I was just so moved by it that i felt almost a shocked/shaken as James during the climax of the game (since the videotape up to the end) and when i finished it (at 5 AM or so) all i could do was just stand around in my yard and look at the horizon thinking about the game. I'm not kidding when i say that the game changed me forever. Also, it's probably the only videogame that moved me as much as, maybe even more than, Katawa Shoujo.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Dream wrote:
Xanatos wrote:That depends on the life.

Mine, from example, is worthless. Mainly because i feel there's nothing that can give it worth anymore.

And man, From Schindler's List to Cool as Ice is really falling down, i'm pretty sure the guy spent a week drinking in his apartment after finishing the movie :lol:

On topic: Silent Hill 2. So, so much Silent Hill 2. I was just so moved by it that i felt almost a shocked/shaken as James during the climax of the game (since the videotape up to the end) and when i finished it (at 5 AM or so) all i could do was just stand around in my yard and look at the horizon thinking about the game. I'm not kidding when i say that the game changed me forever. Also, it's probably the only videogame that moved me as much as, maybe even more than, Katawa Shoujo.
Eh, I still get pleasure from my existence. It's worth enough to keep me from self-termination until I can arrange better things. :lol:

And yeah...The consequence is Cool As Ice is a shitty Vanilla Ice vanity flick from the 90s...But looks goddamn great. XD

And I never played SH2 but I saw an LP. Hell of an ending.