Katawa Shoujo Route Choices Flowchart w/ Scenes

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
AeronPeryton
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:53 pm

Katawa Shoujo Route Choices Flowchart w/ Scenes

Post by AeronPeryton » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:18 pm

First things first, mad props to Feuver for his flowchart which inspired the creation of this one. The reason I made my own is because I wanted something that listed the scenes for each path. In addition I made a chart with larger print and color-coding to make it easy to navigate. I did my best to present the information as cleanly as I could and I'm pleased with the results.

I'll do the character routes separately because the program I used wigged out at the size of this one (I had to spice two charts together in Photoshop) and because I very much need sleep right now.

Prologue & Act 1: coming soon...
- Emi's route: http://i.minus.com/ipOUoX6xbo4Fm.jpg
- Hanako's route: http://i.minus.com/ibgFRFnFnpjSJv.jpg
- Lilly's route: http://i.minus.com/iBx9ZcmnCrq3k.jpg
- Rin's route: http://i.minus.com/ibe7fJKWTuTZ99.jpg
- Shizune's route: http://i.minus.com/ivFkpeCs5jkXN.jpg

If you see any errors please let me know.
Last edited by AeronPeryton on Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:01 am, edited 9 times in total.

User avatar
Mirage_GSM
Posts: 6059
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:24 am
Location: Germany

Re: Katawa Shoujo Path Choices Flowchart w/ scene listings

Post by Mirage_GSM » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:18 pm

Everything seems to be correct.
Very well arranged! Good work so far.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.

User avatar
Feuver
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Katawa Shoujo Path Choices Flowchart w/ scene listings

Post by Feuver » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:13 pm

AeronPeryton wrote:First things first, mad props to Feuver for his flowchart which inspired the creation of this one. The reason I made my own is because I wanted something that listed the scenes for each path. In addition I made a chart with larger print and color-coding to make it easy to navigate. I did my best to present the information as cleanly as I could and I'm pleased with the results.

So far, this is Act 1 including the Prologue. I'll do the character routes separately because the program I used wigged out at the size of this one (I have to spice two charts together in Photoshop) and because I very much need sleep right now.

Prologue & Act 1: http://i.minus.com/ibjLq4cUsiEPma.jpg

If you see an error please let me know.
It's very good. A lot prettier than the one I did, and more complete.

It could be a good spot to say "A challenger appears!" but, I really don't mind. Good job.

AeronPeryton
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:53 pm

Re: Katawa Shoujo Path Choices Flowchart w/ scene listings

Post by AeronPeryton » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:23 am

Thanks! That means a lot coming from you.

Uploaded Shizune's "route".
Last edited by AeronPeryton on Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mirage_GSM
Posts: 6059
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:24 am
Location: Germany

Re: Katawa Shoujo Route Choices Flowchart w/ Scenes

Post by Mirage_GSM » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:23 am

What does the yellow circle mean?
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.

AeronPeryton
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:53 pm

Re: Katawa Shoujo Route Choices Flowchart w/ Scenes

Post by AeronPeryton » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:38 am

What do you think it means?

ingordo

Re: Katawa Shoujo Route Choices Flowchart w/ Scenes

Post by ingordo » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:30 am

Mirage_GSM wrote:What does the yellow circle mean?
They mark the sex scenes. No need to get clever, Aeron.

AeronPeryton
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:53 pm

Re: Katawa Shoujo Route Choices Flowchart w/ Scenes

Post by AeronPeryton » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:02 am

Clever?

That wasn't the intention of my comment at all, sorry. I thought it was pretty obvious what they meant. It seems that Rin's monotone personality has rubbed off on me. Speaking of which...

Rin's Route: http://i.minus.com/ibe7fJKWTuTZ99.jpg

I pretty much expect to get critique on this one... because I'm not sure if I addressed all the variables. I can't imagine how so many of those choices literally have no impact on the story (save a sentence or two of dialog tweaking), yet that's what my runthroughs tell me. Hehe, Rin's route is as indifferent as she is.

Also uploaded a more simplified version of Shizune's route.
Last edited by AeronPeryton on Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Feuver
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Katawa Shoujo Route Choices Flowchart w/ Scenes

Post by Feuver » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:50 am

AeronPeryton wrote:Clever?

That wasn't the intention of my comment at all, sorry. I thought it was pretty obvious what they meant. It seems that Rin's monotone personality has rubbed off on me. Speaking of which...

Rin's Route: http://i.minus.com/i99pXQfMkFvh3.jpg

I pretty much expect to get critique on this one... because I'm not sure if I addressed all the variables. I can't imagine how so many of those choices literally have no impact on the story (save a sentence or two of dialog tweaking), yet that's what my runthroughs tell me. Hehe, Rin's route is as indifferent as she is.

Also uploaded a more simplified version of Shizune's route.
I really recommend you check your score system. For an example, if Rin has two points, you get the "It doesn't matter" choice, but that's not true. You can only have this choice depending your decision during Badaan or Rose-Tinted Glasses.

Rin's arc does not depend on any score in my opinion, it only depends on a few flags. Like in my flowchart (Or Tottori's own), it's more focused on certain flags, like how certain decisions will make sure you leave the Art Club or Not.

Personally, I'd only use a score system if there's choices that seems to annoy the girl and you need a certain accumulation of decisions to get a bad ending.

User avatar
guest2
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Katawa Shoujo Route Choices Flowchart w/ Scenes

Post by guest2 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:56 am

AeronPeryton wrote:Clever?

That wasn't the intention of my comment at all, sorry. I thought it was pretty obvious what they meant. It seems that Rin's monotone personality has rubbed off on me. Speaking of which...

Rin's Route: http://i.minus.com/i99pXQfMkFvh3.jpg

I pretty much expect to get critique on this one... because I'm not sure if I addressed all the variables. I can't imagine how so many of those choices literally have no impact on the story (save a sentence or two of dialog tweaking), yet that's what my runthroughs tell me. Hehe, Rin's route is as indifferent as she is.

Also uploaded a more simplified version of Shizune's route.
As far as I could tell with Rin based on a few playthroughs, none of the choices really mattered except the main ones that determine the ending (Explain vs Need to understand, Aren't you happy vs If you found someone). The other choices are just to decide whether you leave the art club or not. On paper, though, man... She has the most complicated tree.
Katawa Shoujo Piano Sheet Music Project
"Jellyfish are like people to me" - Me
"OH GOD MAH DRILLS" - yipyapper

Guest

Re: Katawa Shoujo Route Choices Flowchart w/ Scenes

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:28 am

Feuver wrote:I really recommend you check your score system. For an example, if Rin has two points, you get the "It doesn't matter" choice, but that's not true. You can only have this choice depending your decision during Badaan or Rose-Tinted Glasses.

Rin's arc does not depend on any score in my opinion, it only depends on a few flags. Like in my flowchart (Or Tottori's own), it's more focused on certain flags, like how certain decisions will make sure you leave the Art Club or Not.

Personally, I'd only use a score system if there's choices that seems to annoy the girl and you need a certain accumulation of decisions to get a bad ending.
My mistake was using a scoring system in the first place. I fixed it, and couple other things. I think I figured out Rin's route now, and the "choices" are even more apathetic than I realized. You literally do not need to care until you reach Things You Hate.

Also Hanako's route: http://i.minus.com/ibjNmqTofumIQa.jpg

Thanks for the views and a tips, anything looks wrong just say so since I typically chart the routes late at night when I should be sleeping. Zzzzzz

AeronPeryton
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:53 pm

Re: Katawa Shoujo Route Choices Flowchart w/ Scenes

Post by AeronPeryton » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:30 am

^ That was me.

Wolf

Re: Katawa Shoujo Route Choices Flowchart w/ Scenes

Post by Wolf » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:28 pm

Hey great walkthrough! It really helped me when doing Rins, which i am still doing atm. which girl will be next for you. I actually played through the game for hanako on my on and got good ending but had trouble with shizune so i had to use your walkthrough. so i wanted to say thanks.

Guest

Re: Katawa Shoujo Route Choices Flowchart w/ Scenes

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:30 pm

Wolf wrote:Hey great walkthrough! It really helped me when doing Rins, which i am still doing atm. which girl will be next for you. I actually played through the game for hanako on my on and got good ending but had trouble with shizune so i had to use your walkthrough. so i wanted to say thanks.
I got hanako on my Own is what i meant i meant not on

AeronPeryton
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:53 pm

Re: Katawa Shoujo Route Choices Flowchart w/ Scenes

Post by AeronPeryton » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:48 am

Sorry I've been away. Busy busy.

Lilly's route: http://i.minus.com/iBx9ZcmnCrq3k.jpg

Once again, spot a mistake please let me know. Guess who I'm doing next? Kenji ^_^
Last edited by AeronPeryton on Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post Reply