Yes
75%
No
25%

Total votes: 357

ICEheaven102

Re: Did you cry while playing KS?

Post by ICEheaven102 »

Cried like a baby during Emi's route for 3 hours straight. Tears wouldn't stop and almost embarrassed myself at the dinner table. Katawa Shoujo is just simply amazing.
Jailbot

Post by Jailbot »

Reading some of these posts make me wish that I had actually cried to remind me that I still have those emotions.
Robnonymous

Post by Robnonymous »

Should I count almost as yes?
Bad Dreams (Hanako) - My first KS fanfic. it's actually a happy story
Reconciliation - (a Hanako bad-end story) - My second KS fanfic. Not all that happy.
fcd15

Post by fcd15 »

I think tearing up can be considered a 'yes', since you can turn it into literal crying just by blinking a lot :mrgreen:

And yes, I did. I was fucking torn up inside when Lilly left for the airport and Hisao said only a fucking goodbye. I was like "Fuck you, man. The woman you love is leaving. Fuck Hanako, fuck Akira, fuck the taxi, just grab her and cry on her arms while begging her not to go. Do it, you asshole. Damn, fuck my life." I was really nervous, couldn't manage to do anything else but stare at the screen, hit the space bar, and hope for the best. And then he decided to go after her. I didn't know what I could hope about that. People said there was a neutral and a good ending. I honestly thought I was gonna get the neutral, which by itself is fucking bad. But then he woke up in the hospital. I really thought things would end up like that, the doctor spilling out some shit and Hisao regretting everything he did not do.

Then, out of nowhere, that sound. That little nostalgic sound of a music box. I used to have one when I was a kid. But I never cried over it. Neither did I think to myself "Holy fuck it can't be that fucking music box no it can't b-HOLY SHIT I'M GONNA DIE." That's what I thought after hearing that small sound of that goddamn music box. I won't forget about it so soon.

That's when I started tearing up really bad. I had to dry them off to be able to see the screen. I thought everything was gonna end the way I wanted to, then... Credits. WHAT THE @#¨&¨%¨%#@#$??????? I couldn't believe it. I just couldn't. I was ready to get on my knees and cry like a baby, since I was both happy and frustrated. Then I skipped them' credits. EPILOGUE. THERE'S AN EPILOGUE. MOTHERF***** YES.

I could count that maybe half a dozen tears rolled down my cheeks. That's my little story. All thanks to Lilly, that goddamn princess. I can't believe how much I fucking love that girl, and she's not even real. Damn you bitch.
Last edited by fcd15 on Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rak

Post by Rak »

I only did both of Lilly's endings, but I think the neutral ending could have kept on going until the hospital scene, with Lilly never showing up for the alternative.
Rak

Post by Rak »

Sorry for the double post: to answer OP's question, I still cry going down her route :(

Post by Guest »

Misha's story about her and Shizune was the only part of the game that made me cry, because it hit close to home...
asakayosapro

Hanako did it.

Post by asakayosapro »

Well, darnit. Never expected to actually shed tears on another game; and i thought Kana ~ Little Sister~ and Yume Miru Kusuri were the last VNs i'd tearily waste a few tissues over..

Here I was, lurking the depths of the Internet septic tank, when I saw flashes of yellow golden light. Turns out to be the Katawa Shoujo General threads popping out every other instance in three boards. The (mostly) lack of trolling and all these feels somehow seemed strange for the current environment, so I was like, well, might as well check it out.

Learnt about it, DLd it, played it, and expected NOTHING - which is what I always do when playing VNs or eroge in general to prevent personal biasing or 'this is better/worse than' arguments.

Blindplayed, it went to Emi's route, made a good end. The route was quite good, above average for a smalltime VN; I will admit that the lack of voice acting is a disappointment, but other than that, it's all good. (Hey, even the original Kana was not voiced..) However, I was aiming for Hanako.

Maybe it's my personal proficiency of fixing broken things. Maybe it was the case of the 'I want to know more about the shy, timid, mysterious girl that is scared of and runs away from you like you were the devil himself' kind of curiosity. I take on the gauntlet, and spent all 3 or more hours on the route. Some choices were kind of obvious, others were, wait, how does this choice and that make any difference? (It's like that choice in Aeka's route where, if you choose to go outside the house instead of staying inside to feel up your [non-objecting sister, whose route was cut, much to my utter disappointment...darnit], it's an instant bad end...)

And yet, I manage to get to Act 4. By the time she had broken down in the park, I had lost it.

The good end, although rather abrupt, was well worth it. All i will say was, from the animated sequences to the music and lines, it was all well done. My applause to the folks of 4LS for making the one-time sketches and wish of a doujinshi artist into a real masterpiece.

Taking a breather for now as i deal with boring ol' Real Life; i am afraid it may be a while before my body is ready for more.

Well, i say that, and yet i play games like CNC, Amnesia, AC6, ACAH & MW3 on a near-daily basis

tl;dr Yeah, I shed manly tears over this.
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

I didn't cry ever. Men don't cry.

However, I was surprised when it started raining during Emi's scene at the graveyard.
D0cR0ck

Post by D0cR0ck »

Having only gotten Rin and Lilly's good Endings:

Lillys route in the grain field, it was so touching

all Rins route,I didn't cry, but it was the most emotionally grueling thing my mind has gone through, ever I think.
InfiniteBladeWorks

Post by InfiniteBladeWorks »

I marked no because I never really cried but I could feel tears welling up. I actually had to wipe my eyes a lot. I probably should of marked yes. I just never started sobbing. Although, the only form of media ever to really make me do that is Clannad. (both the VN and Anime)

Sosososo many times in Rin's. At least six times during Lily's, Specifically when you're talking to Akira and she tells you about both her break-up and Lily's summons.. When you find out (Emi spoiler?)how Emi lost her legs. I'm not sure with this one though but I'm sure it involes Emi's leg lossage. Also, graveyard scene.. When Misha ask for you to comfort her in Shizune's route. (which I still need to complete the bad end for) and finally when Hanako first tells you about how she got those scars, when hisao shows her his scar and the moments leading up to the H-scene. when she shows you "all of her"
1. Rin
2. Lily
3. Emi
4. Shizune
5. Hanako
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

InfiniteBladeWorks wrote: When Misha ask for you to comfort her
That part choked me up too...
cabbiethefirst

Post by cabbiethefirst »

I would count tearing up as yes in context of this poll
Prof. Coyote

Post by Prof. Coyote »

Watered up during both Lilly and Emi. Lilly was a deeper emo feel, though, because of the raw emotions involved.

Interesting that both are the ones that nearly kill Hisao ...
Robnonymous

Post by Robnonymous »

Decided to vote "Yes" because most people seem to think that misting up counts as crying. And I'm inclined to agree. Also I'm a huge pussy, apparently. :cry:
Bad Dreams (Hanako) - My first KS fanfic. it's actually a happy story
Reconciliation - (a Hanako bad-end story) - My second KS fanfic. Not all that happy.