Music

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

yipyapper

Music

Post by yipyapper »

I have seen a lot of stuff happen from people playing this game. I am one of them, if you have seen my other posts. But another thing that I am not sure if it is good or not is that I was listening to my own music during my first runthrough, and I started listening to Dogs by Pink Floyd. I love the song and all, but now that I can't get Katawa out of my head, I can't even listen to anything else without NEEDING to listen to it. It's clearly an addiction, and I have been addicted for almost 2 weeks. The strange thing is, songs usually make you sick of them fast. I was afraid I would be sick of such a good song (There's no way I'll get sick of Katawa), but after the whatever amount of times I have played it since then, I still love it the same. I wonder if THAT addiction will stay with Katawa since they both kind of merge in my head. Maybe I'll forget it. Katawa on the other hand? Guess I'm stuck with it XD

Anybody have something like that? Listened to music, had a TV show or some event happen in the news while playing? Love to hear from ya!
"OH GAWD MY DRILLS"
...What? Not a real quote? Oh well, it's Yipyapper's quote now.
"Google will rule the world soon. Accept them now before it's too late."
~Yipyapper
Pl4t0

Re: Music

Post by Pl4t0 »

I know exactly what you mean - music (media as a whole, really) has a way of encapsulating the emotions that we're feeling as we listen to them. When you go back, you can't help but relive them.

In the case of Katawa Shoujo, I just sort of looped "Two Months Off" by Underworld. Its sound and its content were pretty good descriptors for the emotions that were pumping at that moment, but by listening to it at that point, feeling what I felt, the song was imbued with the feels. Listening to it now is not like listening to it last week; it's incredible just how well music can carry that sort of thing with it.

Also, I like the taste in music. Never go wrong with Floyd, and Dogs is easily the emotional highlight of Animals xD
myshoesarebrown

Post by myshoesarebrown »

I'm one of those people who has to listen to a game's default music while playing. So I can't say I'm in the exact same situation.

However, I was reading Pride and Prejudice at the time of playing(or, I tried to in between sessions). I can't help but picture every single character in the story so far as KS character. And then that leads to me remembering KS while reading, and within 10 minutes I've gone through a few pages and realize I don't know what the hell I just read. Doesn't help that I'm supposed to have around 13 more chapters annotated by tomorrow for class.
My shoes aren't actually brown. Well, one pair is, but I mostly wear grey ones.
yipyapper

Post by yipyapper »

Those two posts are exactly what I mean if combined.
"OH GAWD MY DRILLS"
...What? Not a real quote? Oh well, it's Yipyapper's quote now.
"Google will rule the world soon. Accept them now before it's too late."
~Yipyapper