Bromont. This is for you...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Sleet

Bromont. This is for you...

Post by Sleet »

I'll never sleep without it.

I don't even watch House. But god fucking dammit, my Bro, I'll remember the joy you gave me for a long time to come.

Since I was about ten I've dealt with the crippling depression running through my family blahdeblah BORING STUFF, but basically, Katawa Shoujo was one of my little excuses to look forward to the future, since when it first came out, the demo had me caring a lot about something. Seemingly insignificant as it may be, it hit me pretty deep. Around a year ago things got inordinately tough. College kicking my ass, literally no friends, panic attacks n' stuff whenever I had to talk to people/out loud, suicide attempt, subsequent hospitalization FUCK MORE BORING CRAP THAT DON'T MATTER NONE also I was arbitrarily hit by a car around the same time, which was a little more interesting. Got some major air time... shit was badass.

Anyway. It was then that I found the archives of your past threads. As soon as I read the first couple Broujo CYOAs, I was hooked. And amazed at how many there were. It became a routine for me to look forward to. Being up all hours of the night, my stomach aching with laughter. Every time I had a free moment, I'd continue reading through a thread and be in high spirits posthaste, with a dumbass grin spread across my face for a good long while, thanks to nothing but the antics your fantastically fucked up mind came up with.

The jubilant effect those threads had on me, combined with the -odd to say this-, GOOD influence of Hisao Motherfucking Necktie's daring bravado and lust for life, made me a different person. I found myself in a completely different mindset. With my new outlook, I wasn't scared of anything. All I saw were possibilities for making things more awesome. The impulsiveness I gained made every situation something new and interesting. And good lord, I could regale you for quite a while with some of my real-life adventures from the previous year. When it comes down to it, those retardedly brilliant stories saved my life. This lighter I now carry with me is a little token to honor that, and remind me of how much better life can be, when you look at it like an arrhythmic, sexually deviant psychopath.

If I could meet you, I'd brofist you beyond the wildest dreams of your ancestors. And then take you to IHOP/Wafflehouse any hour of the night.

If you ever need a favor, I'm your man. I owe you one, Bromont. I owe you a lot.
Pl4t0

Re: Bromont. This is for you...

Post by Pl4t0 »

I don't know what it is that makes this guy so funny, but we need to pinpoint it, research it, and duplicate it.

I've found this archive from back in september of his stuff, has he made anything in between, or is there a more complete archive somewhere that anybody is aware of?
http://pastebin.com/eW5RZfDD
Sleet

Post by Sleet »

Well, there's this, now.

Honestly, no matter the situation, I can't even think of BELLY DANCAN or T-Pain without laughing or at least grinning like a madman. It's been unfortunate in some occurrences.
Richiter Bromont

Post by Richiter Bromont »

I'm just glad I could help
Pl4t0

Post by Pl4t0 »

Richiter Bromont wrote:I'm just glad I could help
You are a god among men.

Thank you.
Worthington

Post by Worthington »

This is so fucking I can't even anymore.
Got my feet in the air and my head on the ground.

Kenji=Rin>Akira>Hideaki>Hachisame>Lilly>Takashi>Miki>Emi>Nurse>Misha>Mutou>Shizune>Yuuko>Nomiya>Hanako

Worthington's Wondrous Writeshop
Magnesium Ninja Studios
zanzarra

Post by zanzarra »

Must read. ALL OF THEM.
One day I'll put more than 15 minutes of work into an avatar. One day.
Nyarly

Post by Nyarly »

From what I saw earlier, I just expected it to be funny. I had no idea that it is so fucking awesome.
Kanodin

Post by Kanodin »

Pure fucking WIN!
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

I died after the first page of the chronicle. This... is gonna take a while.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal