What is your "True" route?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

What route in your opinion is "True" in Katawa Shoujo?

Emi Bad
1%
Emi Good
17%
Hanako Bad
1%
Hanako Neutral
1%
Hanako Good
19%
Lilly Bad
2%
Lilly Good
31%
Rin Bad
0%
Rin Neutral
1%
Rin Good
7%
Shizune Bad
1%
Shizune Good
7%
Kenji
14%

Total votes: 392

Tomate

Re: What is your "True" route?

Post by Tomate »

Bagheera wrote:
Mirage_GSM wrote:Well, the flowchart is not really canon.
I think one of the devs (don't remember who) once mentioned the Hanako and Rin paths both having two bad endings, but that too is probably the personal opinion of that dev, and I certainly think the second Hanako ending deserves to be called neutral. Rin's "Rain Ending" is heartbreaking, however...
Yeah. Some people seem to think Hanako's neutral ending is really depressing, but I don't think it's that bad. Friendzone can be okay under a variety of circumstances; sometimes just being friends and keeping things open for the future is a win.
Nah, Friendzone is not okay. And usually things dont "open up in the future" for friendzoned guys, Hisao wold just hang around Hanako and in the future Hanako will slowly turn into a nicer girl, with more friends and more hobbies (See Lilly route) and Hisao would just be there, trying to be with her while she will finally know a nice patient guy and date him and Hisao will just look, broken but smiling...a slow death.

This is Worse then the Bad Ending, that has the force of a sledgehammer,
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
Ditsch

Post by Ditsch »

Yeah beeing friendzoned is the worst possible fate, it happens all the time in real life, and its real slow and painful death.

So my iron rule is never accept beeing friendzoned not matter how much you liked the girl simply split up and never contact her again.

Post by Guest »

Wow, so if a person doesn't show interest in you romantically yet still wants to be your friend, just cut them off and never speak to them again? It might be painful at first but eventually your feelings would die down, you know. I'd have lost one of my best friends if I'd just no longer spoken to them after they said that they were flattered but just didn't want a relationship nor did they see me in that way, and so would Misha.

No, what's really painful about Hisao and Hanako's neutral ending is that he doesn't learn his lesson and still thinks she's a fragile little ornament to be protected, and eventually she'd snap at him just like she did in the bad ending.
Ditsch

Post by Ditsch »

After crossing some "limit" of course , and in hanako's neutral ending they were past that "limit".
Saucium

Post by Saucium »

Hanako's good ending gets my vote. While I haven't experienced being caught in a fire, I've gone through a traumatic experience of my own. The scar comparison and codependency issues made perfect sense to me.
Bagheera

Post by Bagheera »

Ditsch wrote:After crossing some "limit" of course , and in hanako's neutral ending they were past that "limit".
I don't think that's true, personally. As with most things of this nature it's not an issue so long as both parties are on the same page.
Girls: Emi = Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune = Rin
Routes: Rin = Shizune > Emi > Lilly = Hanako

themocaw

Post by themocaw »

Ditsch wrote:Yeah beeing friendzoned is the worst possible fate, it happens all the time in real life, and its real slow and painful death.
Some day I will write a story about people in the friend zone and it's okay -_-.

Post by Guest »

Ditsch wrote:After crossing some "limit" of course , and in hanako's neutral ending they were past that "limit".
What "limit" had Hanako and Hisao crossed before that ending? IIRC it was before her H-scene took place and before she and Hisao literally bared the full extent of their scarring to each other so it can't be that definition.
gunlocksp

Post by gunlocksp »

Guest wrote:
What "limit" had Hanako and Hisao crossed before that ending? IIRC it was before her H-scene took place and before she and Hisao literally bared the full extent of their scarring to each other so it can't be that definition.
I think he meant Hisao didn't trigger enough flags to get to Hanako's good ending... maybe? lolx

Lilly's route = Ahem... Lufia reference here... lolx(and yes I know this game has nothing in common in KS)... I think of Lilly as Selan and Hisao as Maxim
(I thought Maxim would choose Tia when I first played... wth), both of whom you never expected them to be together, yet they do... XD

Hanako's route = Hanako hates being treated as "broken" so... Hisao (who MAY end up being too over-protective) would probably end up getting her bad ending... by choosing not to take her to town

Emi's route = Hmm... I'd say NO, Emi's a bitstubborn, preferring to have s** with Hisao to hide her true feelings

Rin's route = If I were Hisao, I would probably be very interested in getting to know her better, seeing as to how she expresses herself is pretty darn interesting... gg

Shizune's route = I have said this before in a different post and I will say it again, I don't like getting roped in an argument that does not concern me though I wish that there's a third option where you can just say something that won't get both Lilly and Shizune mad.... =.=

My take of a True Ending?
Lilly's good ending... while helping Hanako to get out of her shell, getting to understand Rin better, and being good friends with Emi, Shizune and ?Misha? XD
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Wow, little on the bad endings.

Because I'm a Hanako fanboy, I'm gonna say her good ending is the true one if there a true canon retrocon active timeline.

However, I'm gonna say the follow routes I think are the true ends

Hanako's Route - Bad End (Haisao actstoo much of a white knight towards her.)

Emi's Route - Bad End (Again, he white knight people. Emi is a strong [strike]black[/strike] woman who needs no man. No but seriously, she hates Haiso's white knight views.)

Lilly's Route - Good End (Only because the devs and RAITA stated she was going to be a cliched character and most of all cliched characters in fiction usually get good endings)

Rin's Route - Good End (Perhaps Hisao understanding who he is help Rin find who she is in terms of self-identity.
Quietpower

Post by Quietpower »

Lilly didn't have a bad end, just a good and neutral one.
fcd15

Post by fcd15 »

Quietpower wrote:Lilly didn't have a bad end, just a good and neutral one.
They didn't call her neutral one a 'bad' ending only because he wasn't dumped. But that's a fucking horrible ending.
Tahtorak

Post by Tahtorak »

For me, it's either the Shizune route or the Lilly route. I say it could be the Shizune route for two basic reasons:

1. In a stark comparison to Rin's route (where we had to make multiple choices), you only had to make ONE choice in Shizune's route. In my eyes, that means there is only one way Hisao can go wrong in the route. The rest of the route basically plays itself, and Hisao only needed our help once (by which I mean players could make Hisao cheat with Misha, but other than that, Hisao did everything else by himself without the player's guidance.

2. Chronologically, the route went on for longer than the others. With Shizune, we got to see Hisao's life at Yamaku up to around graduation.

On the other hand, my true route might be the Lilly route for one basic reason: it was the only route that had an epilogue of sorts.
.., ,
-M