What is your "True" route?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

What route in your opinion is "True" in Katawa Shoujo?

Emi Bad
1%
Emi Good
17%
Hanako Bad
1%
Hanako Neutral
1%
Hanako Good
19%
Lilly Bad
2%
Lilly Good
31%
Rin Bad
0%
Rin Neutral
1%
Rin Good
7%
Shizune Bad
1%
Shizune Good
7%
Kenji
14%

Total votes: 392

fcd15

Re: What is your "True" route?

Post by fcd15 »

Eien wrote:
That1Dude92 wrote:For me it was Lilly's route. My 2 main reasons are: Hisao is probably the happiest in the end of this one, and it hit close to home considering I got the "neutral" Lilly ending IRL a few years back after my ex had to move away and i did nothing to try and stop her. :(
I'm sorry to hear thar but... why is it a spoiler?
He said he didn't do anything to try and stop her. Hisao did.
newnar

Post by newnar »

I think if we weren't given choices and the game was a kinetic novel, undoubtedly the arc used would be Hanako's. This is obvious to see because Hisao is really not interested in anything other than books from what little information we have of him from the start. He said he used to play soccer, but he admitted it was a half-hearted attempt. His primary reaction to joining the student council was also not positive to say the least and it is definitely out of character for him to ask about joining the art club. That is, if there was no human player in front of the screen making his choices for him. I can't really see Hisao going anywhere else than the library whenever he hasn't got any immediate obligations.
The Local Hentai

Post by The Local Hentai »

If the game played itself? Emi's since it

If it was me in Hisao's body? I'd probably initiate a relationship with Lilly and as she left to go to the UK, I'd take a trip with Hanako and fall in love with her.
zomgbbq

Post by zomgbbq »

Eien wrote:
That1Dude92 wrote:For me it was Lilly's route. My 2 main reasons are: Hisao is probably the happiest in the end of this one, and it hit close to home considering I got the "neutral" Lilly ending IRL a few years back after my ex had to move away and i did nothing to try and stop her. :(
I'm sorry to hear thar but... why is it a spoiler?
It does kind of reveal what happens at the end of the arc.
"You're out of touch, I'm out of time.. But I'm out of my head when you're not around"

"What's the word for when it feels inside your heart that everything in the world is all right?"
Sephiru

Post by Sephiru »

Even though it's not my favorite, Lilly's route seems to me to be the most complete. It feels like the one that offers the most insight into all the characters and their relationship progresses both naturally and excitingly.
JustAGuy

Post by JustAGuy »

Hisao's kind of an adorable dork to begin with, so if we weren't playing him he'd probably end up with Emi's good end.

I like Lilly's good end the best, though. Hisao develops a lot.
fcd15

Post by fcd15 »

40 people feel like a guy who goes to a school for the disabilited and find many special girls there ends up being an ass to everyone and dying alone?

Holy fuck what's wrong with you people. Have some heart. :?
yipyapper

Post by yipyapper »

I would be new to the school, so the festival would seem a bit much, so I would hang out with Kenji and drink Whiskey and die.

Problem, Hisao?
"OH GAWD MY DRILLS"
...What? Not a real quote? Oh well, it's Yipyapper's quote now.
"Google will rule the world soon. Accept them now before it's too late."
~Yipyapper
fcd15

Post by fcd15 »

That's probably how it would turn out be if it happened in our sick, sad, real world.
Let us enjoy a story that doesn't take place in it. :mrgreen:
Koda89

Post by Koda89 »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Just wondering...
Which of Rin's two bad endings do you consider neutral?
The one where they split up in anger or the one where they both end up heartbroken?

For the record, I consider the five good endings to be True endings, but there wasn't any option for that.
Her neutral ending, at least from what all the flowcharts say, is the one where she transfers to the art school.

Her bad ending doesn't even go to Act 4......
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Well, the flowchart is not really canon.
I think one of the devs (don't remember who) once mentioned the Hanako and Rin paths both having two bad endings, but that too is probably the personal opinion of that dev, and I certainly think the second Hanako ending deserves to be called neutral. Rin's "Rain Ending" is heartbreaking, however...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Ryuden Tamarashi

Post by Ryuden Tamarashi »

my personal choice is Hanako's good ending. my first natural play through, i managed to get her good ending chossing the tings i would choose in a real life situation.

i think the hanako's is the 'true' one, because even before taking any steps with her, and even after he takes steps with others. he is almost identical to her. he doesn't want to offend anyone, he doesn't want others to worry over him, or dote on him. they are so similar, its almost unnatural for them to be apart.

mind you, the fact that my first run through was with her, and with a flawless 'happy ending', might be making me slightly more than biased towards her.....but come on people, she has moe power....MOE POWER!!!
jaycee

Post by jaycee »

I cant believe there's so many people vote for kenji's route XD is almost more popular than Shizune and Rin's path together XD
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I think it's the default option for those who can't decide.
...and for a few trolls, of course, you always get trolls on polls. (because it rhymes)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Bagheera

Post by Bagheera »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Well, the flowchart is not really canon.
I think one of the devs (don't remember who) once mentioned the Hanako and Rin paths both having two bad endings, but that too is probably the personal opinion of that dev, and I certainly think the second Hanako ending deserves to be called neutral. Rin's "Rain Ending" is heartbreaking, however...
Yeah. Some people seem to think Hanako's neutral ending is really depressing, but I don't think it's that bad. Friendzone can be okay under a variety of circumstances; sometimes just being friends and keeping things open for the future is a win.
Girls: Emi = Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune = Rin
Routes: Rin = Shizune > Emi > Lilly = Hanako