Love Confessions

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Snow_Storm

Love Confessions

Post by Snow_Storm »

Can't tell if serious or trolling. I stop watching most of these after thirty seconds.

It's okay to have an emotional connection with these characters. It's cool to love them and like them and respect them. But to do love confessions...that's a but much.
A Humbled Fan

Re: Love Confessions

Post by A Humbled Fan »

Probably trolling, or they need some professional help.
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

A Humbled Fan wrote:Probably trolling, or they need some professional help.
My instincts say that they aren't trolling (The serious ones anyways. Rin's and probably Emi's). Some people did commit suicide after Evangelion after all and a lot of people who need therapy don't get it.
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

encrypted12345 wrote:
A Humbled Fan wrote:Probably trolling, or they need some professional help.
My instincts say that they aren't trolling (The serious ones anyways. Rin's and probably Emi's). Some people did commit suicide after Evangelion after all and a lot of people who need therapy don't get it.
So I watched then again and my psychological instincts tell me that you may be right...

And that's an unfortunate truth.
ziamatt

Post by ziamatt »

The videos are too similar for me to not suspect they're all done by the same person as a joke. Even the names of the uploaders are close to each other.
That said, I don't doubt that there are people who think this way. I'm just waiting for a "marriage" in the vein of that one Love Plus marriage.
Bara

Post by Bara »

The scary thing is some of those guys "confessing" might be guarding nuclear weapons... :wink:

Sleep well... :twisted:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
scorptatious

Post by scorptatious »

You forgot Kenji! Dammit, he needs some love too!

But yeah, I'm not exactly 100% sure whether these people are serious about this or not.

Frankly though, I don't mind too much. If they want to fall in love with a fictional character, then it's no skin off my nose.
The Local Hentai

Post by The Local Hentai »

They're just in the wrong era. Fifty years from now when bots are dateable, stuff like this won't be so weird.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Sounds like Negi reading a script he wrote up based off the Rin confession. Just a guess from the voice.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
ziamatt

Post by ziamatt »

Bara wrote:The scary thing is some of those guys "confessing" might be guarding nuclear weapons... :wink:

Sleep well... :twisted:
I don't think a guy loving someone is really that much of a danger in this case.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I stop watching most of these after thirty seconds.
That's a shame. The Hanako one has a bit of a twist at the 1:22 mark that probably answers your previous question. (well, about that one at least, it's probably a parody on the Rin movie)

Not sure about the others. I guess some people don't get much emoting practice in real life, which causes everything to pour out when finishing an emotionally powerful arc in a game like this.
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

The Hanako video is definitely a troll (as others say, go to 1:22 for the proof), but sad to say it's not very well done. Just a string of name-calling and slurs. The Kenji one is a better-done troll, though still not great.

It's tougher to say with the Rin and Emi videos. Poe's Law and all that: the crazier someone gets, the harder it is to tell from a really good parody of that particular kind of crazy.

The Re:Rin video is in a class by itself.
Otakumon

Post by Otakumon »

Though there are many disturbed people out there in need of help I feel most of these kinds of things are just attention whores trying to get a viral video so they can feel thier ego is getting stroked.