Other Media that gave you "The Feels."

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
Dr. Robotnik
Posts: 212
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:34 pm

Re: Other Media that gave you "The Feels."

Post by Dr. Robotnik » Tue May 22, 2012 8:26 pm

It may seem silly out of context, but it gets me every time.
Alpha Morlock wrote: the ending of Blade Runner
Snatcher's was even feeler. Speaking of Snatcher, Harry's death was heartwrenching, especially when you find out that Gillian's his father.

EDIT: There were quite a few mentions of Toy Story 3, but no one mentioned 2? Really? Fine, here you go.
Emibro, [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, [Two-timer]

User avatar
TheSongofRaven
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 9:32 pm
Location: Indonesia, Jakarta
Contact:

Re: Other Media that gave you "The Feels."

Post by TheSongofRaven » Sat May 26, 2012 9:55 pm

For me is :

1. Assassin's Creed : Revelation novel adaptation. (Somehow i feel deeply more about Ezio's lifetime)
2. Butterfly Effect (the storyline and conflict give more feels from)
3. Neon Genesis Evangelion (yeah this anime give more feels at any aspect, especially the ending movie)
4. OASIS song like Sunday Morning Call, Stop Crying Your Heart Out, I am Outta Time.....
5. It's silly but when i play Dead Space 2, Isaac's personality is more complex than i thought
"I believe everything like horse race. When you are lose, simply ride the horse again and face any challange"
Twitter : @GrimPointman, Skype : steven.yehezkiel6791

User avatar
acewing905
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:42 am
Location: Sri Lanka

Re: Other Media that gave you "The Feels."

Post by acewing905 » Sat May 26, 2012 11:50 pm

TheSongofRaven wrote:
1. Assassin's Creed : Revelation novel adaptation. (Somehow i feel deeply more about Ezio's lifetime)
You really should play the games instead. They're just overall better presented. Oliver Bowden isn't a very good writer. Though I must say, I didn't feel much in Revelations (maybe except for a few points like "Requiescat in pace, Altair.") compared to Assassin's Creed II (novel equivalent: Renaissance). Oh, the feels in that one. (And basically anything to do with Cristina. Oh, damn. :cry:)
Image

User avatar
TheSongofRaven
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 9:32 pm
Location: Indonesia, Jakarta
Contact:

Re: Other Media that gave you "The Feels."

Post by TheSongofRaven » Sun May 27, 2012 12:31 am

acewing905 wrote:
TheSongofRaven wrote:
1. Assassin's Creed : Revelation novel adaptation. (Somehow i feel deeply more about Ezio's lifetime)
You really should play the games instead. They're just overall better presented. Oliver Bowden isn't a very good writer. Though I must say, I didn't feel much in Revelations (maybe except for a few points like "Requiescat in pace, Altair.") compared to Assassin's Creed II (novel equivalent: Renaissance). Oh, the feels in that one. (And basically anything to do with Cristina. Oh, damn. :cry:)
Nah, i don't have decent PC spec. All i have just a laptop :) But through the novel, i can imagine how ezio actions like in game :) Honestly, but really i don't have decent PC after all so i can't play the game mate hehe
"I believe everything like horse race. When you are lose, simply ride the horse again and face any challange"
Twitter : @GrimPointman, Skype : steven.yehezkiel6791

User avatar
acewing905
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:42 am
Location: Sri Lanka

Re: Other Media that gave you "The Feels."

Post by acewing905 » Sun May 27, 2012 1:17 am

TheSongofRaven wrote:
Nah, i don't have decent PC spec. All i have just a laptop :) But through the novel, i can imagine how ezio actions like in game :) Honestly, but really i don't have decent PC after all so i can't play the game mate hehe
Oh. :( No console either?
Image

User avatar
TheSongofRaven
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 9:32 pm
Location: Indonesia, Jakarta
Contact:

Re: Other Media that gave you "The Feels."

Post by TheSongofRaven » Sun May 27, 2012 4:21 am

acewing905 wrote:
TheSongofRaven wrote:
Nah, i don't have decent PC spec. All i have just a laptop :) But through the novel, i can imagine how ezio actions like in game :) Honestly, but really i don't have decent PC after all so i can't play the game mate hehe
Oh. :( No console either?
No either. I am not rich gamer or something. All i do to satisfy myself is only read the novel adaptation or kind of that. But, at least my laptop is good enough play some "oldies" game and visual novel and also used for study not only playing :) . Anyway we seem gonna out of topic ha ha. So, for you what other media gave you "The Feels ?"
"I believe everything like horse race. When you are lose, simply ride the horse again and face any challange"
Twitter : @GrimPointman, Skype : steven.yehezkiel6791

User avatar
acewing905
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:42 am
Location: Sri Lanka

Re: Other Media that gave you "The Feels."

Post by acewing905 » Sun May 27, 2012 4:49 am

TheSongofRaven wrote:
No either. I am not rich gamer or something. All i do to satisfy myself is only read the novel adaptation or kind of that. But, at least my laptop is good enough play some "oldies" game and visual novel and also used for study not only playing :) . Anyway we seem gonna out of topic ha ha. So, for you what other media gave you "The Feels ?"
Talking of feels AND Assassin's Creed, THIS trailer gave me some good feels. :D
Image

User avatar
TheSongofRaven
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 9:32 pm
Location: Indonesia, Jakarta
Contact:

Re: Other Media that gave you "The Feels."

Post by TheSongofRaven » Sun May 27, 2012 5:23 am

acewing905 wrote:
TheSongofRaven wrote:
No either. I am not rich gamer or something. All i do to satisfy myself is only read the novel adaptation or kind of that. But, at least my laptop is good enough play some "oldies" game and visual novel and also used for study not only playing :) . Anyway we seem gonna out of topic ha ha. So, for you what other media gave you "The Feels ?"
Talking of feels AND Assassin's Creed, THIS trailer gave me some good feels. :D
I watch that. Nice trailer by the way :D
"I believe everything like horse race. When you are lose, simply ride the horse again and face any challange"
Twitter : @GrimPointman, Skype : steven.yehezkiel6791

User avatar
WorldlyWiseman
Posts: 362
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:19 pm

Re: Other Media that gave you "The Feels."

Post by WorldlyWiseman » Sun May 27, 2012 6:37 pm

Oh good lord, I just finished The Desolate Hope.

The game plays like an OCD JRPG player's wet dream, and the whole thing has a strong undercurrent of feels. The environments and musical score are carefully calibrated to create a sense of overwhelming loneliness; for example, a sidescrolling portion where you travel across the planet's empty surface, looking for old dolls and clocks. You don't see anything but a silhouette of you and the rocky terrain, and the next planet over rising on the horizon, all while the game's theme song plays. The four main characters besides the protagonists are artificial intelligences that each exhibit a unique brand of crazy that are all incredibly hopeless and obsessive and refreshingly different than the usual 'oh im a robot i kill humans herp derp'.

You control a lowly video game processor who is given the impossible task of keeping the abandoned space station running as supplies dwindle and a virus ravages the infrastructure. You spend the whole game wondering which AI you'll have to euthanize first. Then it gets even better. :(

It's not exactly Kafka, but there's definitely something here. It only takes about as long as one KS path to complete, and the game is pretty much designed to be replayed endlessly by the kind of player who likes to do no-leveling runs of Chrono Trigger. It's worth a shot.
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.

User avatar
yummines
Posts: 486
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:04 pm
Location: Temecula. California

Re: Other Media that gave you "The Feels."

Post by yummines » Mon May 28, 2012 5:16 am

This manga just hits too close to home
i really want to just give that girl a hug. so badly.

User avatar
~Shultz
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:12 pm
Location: Cabudare, Venezuela
Contact:

Re: Other Media that gave you "The Feels."

Post by ~Shultz » Mon May 28, 2012 4:49 pm

I only played two VNs in my entire life: True Love and Katawa Shoujo

True Love gave me the feels, actually. But it didn't hit so hard like KS did...

There's also this book called "What Comes Next" by John Katzenbach. I don't know why, I think I was really into that book that I felt like I was part of it...
Image
Image
The name is /V/ice~

User avatar
Yellow 13
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:03 am
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Contact:

Re: Other Media that gave you "The Feels."

Post by Yellow 13 » Mon May 28, 2012 7:03 pm

Silent Hill Shattered Memories OST - Acceptance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkajjogjGu0
When the war, has been won
And our march home begins
What awaits has not yet been revealed
What was won? what was lost?
Will our deeds be remembered?
Are they written on stone or in sand?

Image

jmeks23
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 2:32 pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: Other Media that gave you "The Feels."

Post by jmeks23 » Tue May 29, 2012 12:00 am

For some reason the game Catherine gave me the feels for a little while. That was probably the most recent prior to KS.

User avatar
ArazelEternal
Posts: 229
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Anywhere, as long as Hanako is by my side...
Contact:

Re: Other Media that gave you "The Feels."

Post by ArazelEternal » Tue May 29, 2012 10:57 pm

I just finished one path in Homeward, another VN made with RenPy.

I took Sora's path first, since I couldn't help notice how damn cute and beautiful she was. Yeah....the feels are definitely there....especially though the last few scenes. Though it didn't hit me as hard as KS did, it was still a stab in the chest. Riku's father is forcing him to leave the country with him again. Sora has to live with her mother again. And if that didn't twist the knife hard enough, he comes back because he finds out that Sora is getting married. He tells her that he is proud of her, which is good. I'm not sure I would have been able to see her again, if it was me....to know that all chances are now gone and out the door. To know that she is laying down with some other man. Some would call it a good ending, which it probably is all in all. I call it a.....less than neutral ending.

So its now about 15 minutes after finishing her path, and I just got my eyes to stop from tearing up.

Lilly = Hanako, Emi, Rin, Shizune
I fell in love with Lilly and Hanako

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be your Emiest.

User avatar
Total Destruction
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 5:45 am
Location: Hit Deborah Cliff with your head to make a hole.

Re: Other Media that gave you "The Feels."

Post by Total Destruction » Wed May 30, 2012 11:53 pm

I don't really game as much as I used to, never really got "feels" from movies, books get to me every once in a while, but it's music that never ceases to nail straight to the heart.

The last record I'd listened to that ruined my life in a good way? This one. Music doesn't need lyrics to paint a picture and caress your soul.
... Danger.

Post Reply