Other Media that gave you "The Feels."

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Wander

Re: Other Media that gave you "The Feels."

Post by Wander »

Off the top of my head, things that have actually made me teary:

Senna (2010 documentary)
Grand Prix No Taka (1977 anime)
The Last Samurai (hahah, Tom Cruise as a "samurai", but still...)
Asougi

Post by Asougi »

Tsukihime, in the Akiha route, there isn't a good end in that route, and both the bad and the normal end are sad
Oh god here comes the flashback :cry:
BobBobberson

Post by BobBobberson »

Second to last episode of Boku wa Tomadachi.

The plot twist was a complete mindfuck, but when you compare it to the whole theme of friendship that the show's been pushing, it made me tear up a bi.
Danze

Post by Danze »

The ones that I can explicitly remember would be the endings of Metal Gear Solid 3 and 4 both. Both of the endings to those games made me downright sad. And around the time I thought I was going to be losing a couple close friends after high school I heard "Just feel better" by Carlos Santana/Steven Tyler. Bad case of the feels after hearing that song.
"The last thing you'll never see"
inquisitivenegro

Post by inquisitivenegro »

Did anyone feel CLannad kicked themselves in the balls with contradicting elements?

I mean first they put in actually tragic moments such as, you know, wife dies, baby dies, memories with fuuko forever lost which have the potential to jerk some really fat tears

But then they pad this raw emotional ball of power with the fluffiest of all fluffs. For example everyone is for some reason nice to the retarded/ moe girls, gangsters look after runaway teenage girls etc. So the actual impact of Clannad is significantly dampened.

Finally the fan service....urgh. I mean Tomoya has a child with Nagisa without a single kiss in the anime, why did they have to ruin this with all the FS, they deserve every single criticism they get for being a harem genre.

Anyways other media that gave me the feels was School Days, before you accuse me of being a sucker forcheap shock endings, the real reason SD affected me so was because I soooo felt for Sekai, if you haven't seen/heard of School Days I suggest you watch it immediately
$50 says I live more South than all of you
basmimarsinan

Post by basmimarsinan »

I'm an anime fan and that's partly the reason why I got interested in this game. So the "other media" would be anime for me. Clannad, Kanon, Ano Hana and (partially) True Tears were the series that really gave me "the feels". School Days gave me "the feels" but kind of in a different sense.
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

I didn't really twig, but just finished watching one now, and realised that pretty much every film by Studio Ghibli gives me the same feels as I got reading Katawa Shoujo.

Howl's Moving Castle, My Neighbour Totoro and Kiki's Delivery Service are good places to start.

Don't watch Grave of the Fireflies though :P It's a very very good film, but it feels like you read all the KS bad endings at once.
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
Gilrond

Post by Gilrond »

I recently saw The Descendants, it kinda screwed with me. Cried like a baby at times.

As far as VNs go, I didn't really care for Clannad. It was very funny Bu times and I enjoyed reading it, but it somehow doesn't feel like th earned it's sad ending. Can't really explain it it better than that.

Play Narcissu though, that one is awesome! :D
basmimarsinan

Post by basmimarsinan »

Althamus wrote:Don't watch Grave of the Fireflies though :P It's a very very good film, but it feels like you read all the KS bad endings at once.
So true! I could not watch it without giving a break in the middle. It perfectly exploits a little girl and a teenager boy in the war context.
newnar

Post by newnar »

I just finished Ef. Both of them. At one go. Holy crap.
KenXstreme

Post by KenXstreme »

One of the final episodes of Toradora!
The one when Ryuji rescues Taiga and She mistook him for Kitamura and said "I just can't stop loving Ryuji."
WorldlyWiseman

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

The trolley and statue chapters in Dandelion Wine.

Inside a Dead Skyscraper. You have to play through a couple times to see everything and figure out what's going on, but it's worth it.

Cartlife. It is a game about people. That is all.
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.
Spry

Post by Spry »

Riho's route at the Visual novel DEARDROPS and Anohana although there are countless of books I have read that gave me the feels these two have made the most impact to me.
Hylan

Post by Hylan »

The season 1 episode of Deep Space Nine "Duet." Very powerful stuff, story inspired by a play about a Jewish Holocaust survivor who posed as a Nazi war criminal. I'll admit, the ending made me tear up quite a bit.
shiro_midori

Post by shiro_midori »

I think "Grave of the Fireflies" is probably the movie that's affected me the most, but for anime shows I'd have to go with Elfen Lied. Honorable mention: Afro Samurai.