Other Media that gave you "The Feels."

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Paul Atreides

Re: Other Media that gave you "The Feels."

Post by Paul Atreides »

Games: Deus Ex (the original game, didn't play yet Human Revolution). Also Planescape Torment, Vagrant Story, Xenogears and Deadly Premonition

Movies: The Shawshank Redemption, Gattaca, Memento...
amentoraz

Post by amentoraz »

Computer games which might brought some sort of catharsis to me:

- "Planescape Torment". Deepest game I've ever played. Very philosophical and an amazing character development. It made me start using the Planescape world in dice-rolling role-playing games.

- "The Path" by Tale of Tales. Way darker feels, yet very very good and strong. First time I played with one of the girls, I had a very hard time to go play again with another one.

- "Bastion", specially its ending. That is, if you weren't a heartless bastard

And also the internet phenomenon of Cracky-chan, when you get deep into it :oops: . Cracky is catharsis.
Paul Atreides

Post by Paul Atreides »

amentoraz wrote: - "Planescape Torment". Deepest game I've ever played. Very philosophical and an amazing character development. It made me start using the Planescape world in dice-rolling role-playing games.
Play Xenogears if you have the opportunity, I think both they have the deepest storyline on videogames.
Axelownz

Post by Axelownz »

Read a post a few pages back saying people wish they say what they felt with the media that made me feel.

One Piece gets me sometimes with feels. I was rereading the part where Luffy and Ace were young, and Ace said something along the line of,"Do you want me to live Luffy? Should i even be alive?" Not sure what i felt but i guess it was sympathy for the characters and what they were going through

Kashimashi and this other manga i read gave me feels, the characters got depressed at a point and i empathized with them for it i think, other times in Kashimashi they were really happy and i was happy, and when something funny happened and the characters laughed, i laughed. The other manga, i dont remember the name, it was about this guy who went to a school, and found out his roommate who he thought was a girl, was actually a crossdresser, it sounds weird but it was actually pretty good and touching i though, plus humorous. Guess i am a sucker for that high school romance thing, wish i could remember what that one was called, i read it so long ago.

Persona 3 actually got me a bit too. Pretty much when Junpei started to struggle internally since i went through pretty much that in highschool, and when the other characters did that too i felt it.

Those are the ones off the the top of my head though.
U.T. Raptor

Post by U.T. Raptor »

The ending of Video Girl Ai.
Daitengu

Post by Daitengu »

"Sundome" Manga. It appears to be fap material, but it's really a tragic love story. Tears were shed.

"Welcome to the NHK" anime and manga. Being so much like the main guy(minus the drugs), I got super depressed. I was really glad to play Katawa Shoujo, cause I was in a hyper depressed near suicidal funk afterwards, and the game brought me out of it.
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

I know I've mentioned Clannad and Clannad: AS a few times before, but I finally finished the After Story a couple days ago...

Wow... that hit me harder than I ever thought it would...
Synthus

Post by Synthus »

Can't recall very many offhand.

Bastion. Dat soundtrack. Dat end. :(

Mass Effect 2. Not much, but it still counts.

Changes from The Dresden Files. That was a rollercoaster of feels.

Some of the better pieces that Alexi Murdoch, Immediate Music, Basil Poledouris and Two Steps From Hell have produced. All of My Days, the Les Miserables soundtrack, Atlantis, etc.
Bigbishounen

Post by Bigbishounen »

I don't know if anyone else posted it yet, but even though Mel Gibson has turned out to be a massive drunken prick, two of his movies gave me "The Feels" big time:

The Passion of The Christ - If you are a Christian or even mildly religious this one will knock you out. Watching the Romans scourging (whipping) Christ just made me squirm. I kept twitching and jerking every time the scourge would land. After a while I just stopped trying to wipe my face off and watched the rest of the movie in slightly blurry "tear vision".

Braveheart - BIG TIME Manly feels. Especially at the end, as he's dying and screams out for Freedom. I just broke down in the theater. I think I hugely embarrassed my wife too, but when the lights came up and most of the men in the audience were sobbing and sniffing I think she understood.

Dang it, I'm getting the feels just remembering it. Had to stop to blow my nose there. :(
Hisao: You want to know who I am? I'm the boy with the broken heart.
tmhizzy

Post by tmhizzy »

Kite Runner- One of the best stories I have ever read. I will always remember the line "For you a thousand times over."
Synthus

Post by Synthus »

Just remembered this:
amentoraz

Post by amentoraz »

I'm lately a lot in the search of music which reminds me of KS, which describes KS or somehow brings forth some similar sort of feels.

I always end up thinking of the same theme as the perfect one. I'm not a classic heavy metal fan at all but this is a special case. Also because of the amazing lyrics and all:

X-Japan : Art of Life (Live in Tokyo Dome)

Also lyrics: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/x/x_ja ... _life.html

(PS: thank you Paul Atreides, wrote that one down)
Yellow 13

Post by Yellow 13 »

When the war, has been won
And our march home begins
What awaits has not yet been revealed
What was won? what was lost?
Will our deeds be remembered?
Are they written on stone or in sand?

Erthel

Post by Erthel »