Other Media that gave you "The Feels."

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

A Humbled Fan

Re: Other Media that gave you "The Feels."

Post by A Humbled Fan »

zanzarra wrote:
A Humbled Fan wrote:
zanzarra wrote:Even Ummagumma - and I regret that one -.- )
:lol:

I know how you feel :D
I was young and impressed by Pink Floyd, saw that album I've never heard about...

*fast forward*

"...what."
It just came off (and still does) as odd. It doesn't help that it's just a live version of all their normal set list at the time, and a bunch of b-sides.
yipyapper

Post by yipyapper »

zanzarra wrote:Ooh, Pink Floyd, good one. I kinda think of "Comfortably Numb" as a fitting theme song for Rin.

( yeah yeah, from the only album anyone ever knows, yadda yadda, I have the others, too. Even Ummagumma - and I regret that one -.- )
Wow, didn't even think of Comfortably Numb. And I call myself a Floyd fan.
"OH GAWD MY DRILLS"
...What? Not a real quote? Oh well, it's Yipyapper's quote now.
"Google will rule the world soon. Accept them now before it's too late."
~Yipyapper
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

So I've started watching Clannad on netflix. Im hooked.
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

Watching Angel Beats! right now.

._. Episode 7
fcd15

Post by fcd15 »

themocaw wrote:Watching Angel Beats! right now.

._. Episode 7
brace yourself for the shock of your life.
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

fcd15 wrote:

._. Episode 7
Lemme guess, that's another show I should watch after I finish Clannad?
yipyapper

Post by yipyapper »

I just found that Freebird by Lynyrd Skynyrd has some similarities to Rin, like the obvious free bird/free Rin comparision. The line *I can't change* is repeated several timea, also a part of Rin's storyline.
"OH GAWD MY DRILLS"
...What? Not a real quote? Oh well, it's Yipyapper's quote now.
"Google will rule the world soon. Accept them now before it's too late."
~Yipyapper
A ghost...

Post by A ghost... »

I can only think of one thing-"Amazing Grace" something about that gets me all the time,the anime Sora No Woto had the same effect whenever they'd play it on the trumpet.

Of course it's a "well,guess we're gonna die" kind of thing,but you're happy 'cos you know you're going someplace better,and in the case of Sora No Woto I think if we're gonna go might as well take as many of the other bastards with us as we can.
"If I ever die, I'm begging you, please come with me
We're gonna groove, into the blue
All the parasites, oh just leave them, pigs can't fly
There's no tomorrow, no regrets, no goodbyes"
Candlemass
fcd15

Post by fcd15 »

A Humbled Fan wrote:
fcd15 wrote:

._. Episode 7
Definitely.
Actually, watch everything from Key: Clannad, Angel Beats, Kanon, and Air.
I wasn't really that fond of Air but it has garnered a huge following and I understand why so. Kanon is probably the less known, which doesn't really matter because it's another masterpiece.

Angel Beats... if you have never heard of it, you're an astronaut. It was a joint project by Key, Aniplex and PA Works. Brilliant.

I'm not biased, really. Whatever Key touches becomes pure gold. These men changed my life forever.
A ghost...

Post by A ghost... »

fcd15 wrote: Definitely.
I wasn't really that fond of Air but it has garnered a huge following and I understand why so. Kanon is probably the less known, which doesn't really matter because it's another masterpiece.

Angel Beats... if you have never heard of it, you're an astronaut. It was a joint project by Key, Aniplex and PA Works. Brilliant.

I'm not biased, really. Whatever Key touches becomes pure gold. These men changed my life forever.
Never watched any of those,have collected art from them though.

When did Angel Beats come out? Dec 2010 or something like that? I kinda remember it broadcasting,or being the big talked of anime anyway,when Panty and Stocking was on.
"If I ever die, I'm begging you, please come with me
We're gonna groove, into the blue
All the parasites, oh just leave them, pigs can't fly
There's no tomorrow, no regrets, no goodbyes"
Candlemass
Jacobson

Post by Jacobson »

An anime I watched recently: Ano Hi Mita Hana no Hamae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai or Ano Hana, for short.

I really cried. And that means something, because most "Feels" only leave me teary-eyed. :?
Last edited by Jacobson on Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
fcd15

Post by fcd15 »

A ghost... wrote:
fcd15 wrote: Definitely.

Never watched any of those,have collected art from them though.

When did Angel Beats come out? Dec 2010 or something like that? I kinda remember it broadcasting,or being the big talked of anime anyway,when Panty and Stocking was on.
April '10. December had an OVA.
By all means do watch all these animes. I try to talk every single person I know into watching them because I know they are a life-changing experience. While it's really rare to find someone that loved all four of them, everybody I know that watched them ended up holding at least one of them as one of their top 3 favorites of all time.
DicksMcGee

Post by DicksMcGee »

By far, the movie Stalingrad was horribly depressing. Pretty much everyone dies, and the two main characters end up freezing to death talking about the desert. I baww hard during that movie. Major feels from that one.

Also, Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral is one of their best, and it gives off major feels near the end of the album.
DH531

Post by DH531 »

A Humbled Fan wrote:
fcd15 wrote:

._. Episode 7
I think you should watch Clannad After Story first :) I hear it'll make you cry too, unless you were already planning to watch it anyway in which case sorry! >.>
I'm gonna start watching Clannad myself soon, i've downloaded most of the episodes I think, so when I finish Katawa Shoujo 100% i'll start it :D and begin crying like a fool once more!!
I've got so much anime to catch up on.....
ForLackofaBetterName

Post by ForLackofaBetterName »

By no means is this my full list, but these are a few random ones I came up with along the way:

Books:
Star Wars "Vector Prime" Chewbacca's death hit me kind of hard (being an avid Star Wars fan)
Harry Potter... several different times

Music:
Relient K - When I Go Down
Coldplay - Fix You
Israel Kamakawiwoʻole - Somewhere Over the Rainbow (All because of the character Mark Greene's death from the show E.R.)
Music that gives my the thoughtful/pensive feels are: Clint Mansell, and select Pink Floyd songs.
Actually, the music video of Above & Beyond's "Sun & Moon" deserves an honorable mention. It added a lot to the song.

Movies:
The Fountain (I'm a huge Aronofsky fan). This is also my favorite movie of all time.
Man on Fire
Blood Diamond
Toy Story 3
What Dreams May Come
Marley & Me <- I blew through a half a box of Kleenex on this one.

There's more, but I'm forcing them if I try to list them now. For some reason movie will get me more than any other media (KS did a good job though.)
So far I know my weaknesses are main characters accepting their death and saying goodbye to people, and anything related to animals dying. To be honest I sometimes think I feel more sad when I see the animal (usually dog) die than I do for a person in movies.
I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.