Your favourite piece of the OST?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Pl4t0

Re: Your favourite piece of the OST?

Post by Pl4t0 »

UncleJellyfish wrote:Moment of Decision, Painful History, and Parity, in no particular order. Loved the OST in general, though.
I would honestly vote KS if it ever got nominated for "Best Soundtrack" or something in anybody's GOTY awards. Whether or not it deserves a place there is a discussion for another thread, but the way that KS weaponizes its music in order to evoke emotions is just brilliant (not to mention the general level of quality throughout the OST anyways :)).

Also, forgot to mention the piece from the music box, Sarabande.
That goddamn music box.
Quietpower

Post by Quietpower »

I particularly enjoyed all the girls revamped themes, especially Student Council and Painful History.

On a related note, I was on my way to work when Romance in Andante played. I couldn't help but pantomime piano playing for the last half of the song as I was reminded of all the feels the game had me experience. After the song was over, my music played shuffled into Wiosna, completing my happiness for the day.
Rikora

Post by Rikora »

Honestly , i liked Moment Of Decision the best
Its hauntingly beautiful
cobaltblue

Post by cobaltblue »

Innocence and Lullaby of Open Eyes. Both of those have kind of bittersweet feeling in it. Hopelessness but at the end there are realization and coping. If I put it into words, probably it will sound like, "Yes, it hurts. I am not going to ask you not to cry. But please don't forget, there are still people who really care about you." I don't remember in which scene I listen to this.
"If I were to go on to say that, since my assertion cannot be disproved,
it is an intolerable presumption on the part of human reason to doubt it,
I should rightly be thought to be talking nonsense."
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

Have to echo "Moment of Decision". One of the most powerful pieces of music I've heard in a long while. Other favourites include "Ah Eh I Oh You", "Everyday Fantasy", "Stride" and "Caged Heart".
Koda89

Post by Koda89 »

For me, my favorite song is probably Moment of Decision. Whenever that song came up during a playthrough, my chest would tighten because it usually meant I would have to make a choice.
Koda89

Post by Koda89 »

Pl4t0 wrote:
UncleJellyfish wrote:Moment of Decision, Painful History, and Parity, in no particular order. Loved the OST in general, though.
I would honestly vote KS if it ever got nominated for "Best Soundtrack" or something in anybody's GOTY awards. Whether or not it deserves a place there is a discussion for another thread, but the way that KS weaponizes its music in order to evoke emotions is just brilliant (not to mention the general level of quality throughout the OST anyways :)).

Also, forgot to mention the piece from the music box, Sarabande.
That goddamn music box.
Totally gonna be honest here, I'll probably put KS as a nominee for at least Best Soundtrack(and Best Art Style, Best Indie Game, and Best Downloadable Game) for the Game of the Year awards for the site I write for.
guest2

Post by guest2 »

The entire soundtrack is remarkably well-done. I was extremely impressed. I find myself listening to the soundtrack close to once/day, lately. That said, Three Stars is probably my favorite piece (and by extension the non-Act 2 act opener music, which sounds like a brief version of Three Stars and isn't featured in the soundtrack), though the arrangement (maybe that's not the right word, since it has a different meaning in music but...) confuses me. It could be that it's a mix of styles or something (romantic + modern soundtrack?). Regardless, it's emotionally evoking, and I enjoy it a lot.

I enjoyed the rest of the soundtrack immensely as well, but perhaps the next few favorites would be (in rough to no particular order) Parity, Red Velvet, Cloudland Swing, Jitter, Painful History, Aria de l'Etoile, and Innocence. It's honestly really hard to decide or rank. It was all well-done and matched the scenes perfectly, particularly the everyday BGMs, such as Student Council, Ease, Raindrops and Puddles, Concord...

Actually, the only one that I thought didn't really fit in was the nurse's theme. It sounded very urban/SimCity-ish. I was confused.

I've actually got Parity set as my android ringtone (part of Rin's total character, imo), with Spin as a second if I get bored of it.
Katawa Shoujo Piano Sheet Music Project
"Jellyfish are like people to me" - Me
"OH GOD MAH DRILLS" - yipyapper
Nissan

Post by Nissan »

The two that come immediately to mind are "Ah Eh I Oh You" and "Stride". Both are really catchy. Moments of Decision was also good. Really hit all the right emotional notes.

There were a few other tracks that I liked, but I can't really remember their titles at the moment. Overall, the soundtrack was surprisingly good.

Edit: Ah, Rin's theme was called Parity? That one was a pretty fun track too.
Eternal _eyes

Post by Eternal _eyes »

Well, though I love the OST as a whole there are two tracks that spring to mind as being really extra nice to listen to: Fripperies and Afternoon.
guest2

Post by guest2 »

I just read through the rest of the thread, and it's interesting to see Innocence being associated with Hanako more than anyone else. I associate it with Rin from when she's crying during her dream in the classroom, or any other time that Hisao and <the girl> have an emotional breakthrough of some kind.
Katawa Shoujo Piano Sheet Music Project
"Jellyfish are like people to me" - Me
"OH GOD MAH DRILLS" - yipyapper
crackodile

Post by crackodile »

all of them...
Carnificus

Post by Carnificus »

I love Aria de l'Etoile, but recently I've been playing Red Velvet and Painful History a lot as well.
"Stories never begin nor do they end. They are comprised of people living, an endless cycle of interacting, influencing each other, and parting ways. As long as stories are told they shall not have clear endings." -Vice President Gustav St. Germain
Hidan

Post by Hidan »

My favorites are either Moment of Decision or Cold Iron, love those soundtracks.
Nobody in Particular

Post by Nobody in Particular »

Moment of Decision is probably my favourite. I enjoy Parity, Painful History, Ah Eh I Oh You, Red Velvet, Everyday Fantasy and Hokabi too. This game had a really good OST, it's harder to choose the tunes I didn't like.