KATAWA SHOUJO 3rd in top 10 pc games!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

IloveLily(gr)

KATAWA SHOUJO 3rd in top 10 pc games!

Post by IloveLily(gr) »

I cant describe the epic feelings i get looking at Katawa Shoujo being 3rd in Top 10 pc games!
Here is a screenshot of it!

Thanks for all the hard work 4Leafstudios! You gave the world a game that will be treasyred by everyone who played it!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
source:gamegaqs.com
The world is a beatiful place but to enjoy it to its fullest you need to have a large heart, the strength to move on and forgive and people by your side, who you love and they love you too!-just me, the little fool ~~~<3
encrypted12345

Re: KATAWA SHOUJO 3rd in top 10 pc games!

Post by encrypted12345 »

Katawa Shoujo is 11th in the top 100 games list. It just has to beat Pokemon Black :D
DH531

Post by DH531 »

encrypted12345 wrote:Katawa Shoujo is 11th in the top 100 games list. It just has to beat Pokemon Black :D
Really?! 11th? That is amazing!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
ziamatt

Post by ziamatt »

Stupid Skyrim, monopolizing three of the top 10 spots for one game.
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

#1 in most wanted FAQs.

Wow.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

DH531

Post by DH531 »

ziamatt wrote:Stupid Skyrim, monopolizing three of the top 10 spots for one game.
Let's ignore the other Skyrim entries and say that Katawa Shoujo is 9th..... :wink:
Harlequin13

Post by Harlequin13 »

Hahahaha, so bizarre and awesome at the same time.

I'm glad. I wish VNs would get more attention. I wish more people would realize that they exist and also at the same time enjoy them. But I'm not sure why I'd wish that. Strange... Perhaps it's because I and everyone else here knows that VNs are special. They can do something that no ordinary game today can do.

About two weeks ago, I finished the Imperial Agent storyline in SW:TOR. I actually thought it was cool and interesting. Certainly very good compared to anything you'd see in other MMO's. Then, a few days later, I played KS. Now, I don't even know why I bothered buying SW:TOR for in the first place. A waste of money. Why? Because I personally bought it to experience a good story. Well sh!t, it's completely useless compared to anything you see in VNs. Now I realize that. I CERTAINLY realize it after having played Ever17 for atleast 20+ hours (not done yet).

I will never buy another "normal" game for its storyline ever again. Only for gameplay, if anything at all.

Althoooooough... There are certain RPGs of old that can hold a candle to stories told in VNs. Baldur's Gate comes to mind, for one... But games like that are rare.
IloveLily(gr)

Post by IloveLily(gr) »

11th in top 100 games? SUKOI!Way to go KS! Way to go 4LS!thanks guys for sharing the info with me!Well do u know why id liked to see skyrim get ****ked by KS?
Cause it was made by a profit company so that it can get even more money! The fact that a free game is in top is absolutely wonderful! !I hope KS community will help it rise even further!
Harlequin look there are rpgs that can give you this feeling e.g. Final Fantasy 7,8,9,and on and on!
The world is a beatiful place but to enjoy it to its fullest you need to have a large heart, the strength to move on and forgive and people by your side, who you love and they love you too!-just me, the little fool ~~~<3
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

In all honesty, the #1 wanted FAQ position on Gamefaqs is a bit of a case of the KS fanbase rigging the system. There's a FAQ on there, but the writer simply didn't mark it "version 1.0"/"complete" in order to prevent it from being knocked off the list. (and out of the spotlight) So now it's just people feeding the game a truckload of page views every day and discourage the completion of the FAQ on there until the Gamefaqs admins catch on.

If I didn't feel KS didn't deserve all the (mainstream) attention it gets, I'd probably be more cynical about this
KaneTaker

Post by KaneTaker »

Harlequin13 wrote:Hahahaha, so bizarre and awesome at the same time.

I'm glad. I wish VNs would get more attention. I wish more people would realize that they exist and also at the same time enjoy them. But I'm not sure why I'd wish that. Strange... Perhaps it's because I and everyone else here knows that VNs are special. They can do something that no ordinary game today can do.

About two weeks ago, I finished the Imperial Agent storyline in SW:TOR. I actually thought it was cool and interesting. Certainly very good compared to anything you'd see in other MMO's. Then, a few days later, I played KS. Now, I don't even know why I bothered buying SW:TOR for in the first place. A waste of money. Why? Because I personally bought it to experience a good story. Well sh!t, it's completely useless compared to anything you see in VNs. Now I realize that. I CERTAINLY realize it after having played Ever17 for atleast 20+ hours (not done yet).

I will never buy another "normal" game for its storyline ever again. Only for gameplay, if anything at all.

Althoooooough... There are certain RPGs of old that can hold a candle to stories told in VNs. Baldur's Gate comes to mind, for one... But games like that are rare.
Could not agree more.
Thrasher Thetic

Post by Thrasher Thetic »

The Mass Effect series and the first Dragon Age game were excellent character-driven stories. So was the first Knights of the Old Republic. Come to think of it, bioware is one of the only major mainstream developers that does the story thing well on a consistant basis. KS pulls you in as much as those, which is amazing considering the tiny degree of interaction in VNs as compared to true CRPGs like the major titles.
The only difference between theory and reality is that in theory there is no difference, but in reality there is.
MrJackFrost

Post by MrJackFrost »

Whoa, I didn't expect a VN would beat other type of PC Game. Well, if it is KS, I wouldn't be surprised though. Seriously, of all games I played, KS's story is comparable with legends like FF VII (at least its' romance part). I guess, it's a 5 years worth waiting. :) Worth it.
Carpo diem! -- Seize the day!
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

Okay, Katawa Shoujo just has to beat Modern Warfare III. That's a lot more plausible than beating pokemon, though admittedly I don't know how popular that game is. I don't follow shooters.
gunlocksp

Post by gunlocksp »

Wow... this is certainly comes as quite a bit of a shock and a surprise(though I can't say I already expected this)... lolx!
Congratz to the devs! You guys roxors!! :twisted: *TRIPLE THUMBS UP!!!* :twisted:
fcd15

Post by fcd15 »

It's out of the most wanted FAQs, since someone posted a new FAQ there. Looks like one of the devs, too.

Holding tight to the #11 spot on the top games. I'd be so happy to see it crack the top 10. We can do it!

(Actually I don't know how it works. What's the criteria for being a top game and how can we push it up?)