Did anyone feel like there was no Hisao just you playing?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

IloveLily(gr)

Did anyone feel like there was no Hisao just you playing?

Post by IloveLily(gr) »

Well, i played KS and i was so into it that by the time i finished my first ending(which ussually is your true ending, the one that you as a person get) i was like woah....it wasn't me there it was Hisao.(lucky bastard :( ) I forgot about Hisao, i ended up being the guy in Yamaku with the QT syndrome , i got Lilys good ending first which made me quite happy because from the first time i saw her i was like..yep thats the one for me i lover her and all that. Seriously at some point after playing many hours straight with Lily's route i thought that we really had a relationship, no visual graphic novel and all just me and her....
I propably become creepy while saying these but i am sure , search your heart u were thinking the exact same thing while playing, weren't you? :?: <3

Thank you very much 4Leaf studios for this ubelieavably perfect game, because the memories and the feelings of it will never ever end!

P.S: if there is any other girl in the world that is like lilly i volunteer to marry her!Also (i am a guy) why there are no girls so kind sweet and loving like lilly and hanako? Damn.... :oops:
The world is a beatiful place but to enjoy it to its fullest you need to have a large heart, the strength to move on and forgive and people by your side, who you love and they love you too!-just me, the little fool ~~~<3
Nyarly

Re: Did anyone feel like there was no Hisao just you playing

Post by Nyarly »

IloveLily(gr) wrote:I propably become creepy while saying these but i am sure
Indeed, especially with the P.S..
IloveLily(gr) wrote: , search your heart u were thinking the exact same thing while playing, weren't you? :?: <3
Hahahafuckno.

I can understand getting gripped be KS, but some people really seem to take it too far.
Priest

Post by Priest »

IloveLily(gr) wrote: P.S: if there is any other girl in the world that is like lilly i volunteer to marry her!Also (i am a guy) why there are no girls so kind sweet and loving like lilly and hanako? Damn.... :oops:
its called reality xD the chances of finding a half scot half jap thats blonde with blue eyes and blind plus kind and loveing that likes french vanilla tea and has a adolecent(think thats how its spelled) sex drive that would allso fall for you is pretty much non excisting.

and before i get trolled as to why i pretty much know her whole character. simply because i allmost remember everything i read.
In case of war hide in the trash can. it allways makes it unscratched somehow
IloveLily(gr)

Post by IloveLily(gr) »

i think it's called adolescent , anyway...Ofcourse there are no chances of finding a girl similar to hers! But i tend to be a pretty social person really really few people are good natured and honest, not to mention how difficult it is to find a girl that is honest sincere and with a nice appearance at the same time....! But priest seriously did u ever had a girlfriend that had so many qualities? i didn't.....(inner monologue: maybe i was drunk or not looking at the right place hm..... :shock: )
The world is a beatiful place but to enjoy it to its fullest you need to have a large heart, the strength to move on and forgive and people by your side, who you love and they love you too!-just me, the little fool ~~~<3
Priest

Post by Priest »

IloveLily(gr) wrote:i think it's called adolescent , anyway...Ofcourse there are no chances of finding a girl similar to hers! But i tend to be a pretty social person really really few people are good natured and honest, not to mention how difficult it is to find a girl that is honest sincere and with a nice appearance at the same time....! But priest seriously did u ever had a girlfriend that had so many qualities? i didn't.....(inner monologue: maybe i was drunk or not looking at the right place hm..... :shock: )
good point actually my x had a lot of thoes qualities. not a stunning beauty but still average. but that doesnt really matter now does it :).

btw thanks for correcting :)

tho to answer the original topic. no i didnt feel like i was hisao hisao. allthough i can realate to him in many ways, witch is one of the reasons i picked this game up at first and startet following it. i felt like reading a good book(reads alot) with lots of diffrent. guess the best way to describe it would be to say for me its a book where you everynow and then get faced with a choice that can change the ending of it all.
In case of war hide in the trash can. it allways makes it unscratched somehow
Thrasher Thetic

Post by Thrasher Thetic »

Nope, 'cause Hisao is way more of an emo turd than I am. Closest he got was Emi's route where he actually attacked his problem head on and won. All the other routes featured him either making imulsive, poorly considered decisions (herro rin), or stressing himself the hell out over not much (literally every other route).

Don't get me wrong, it was all well written on all counts and did succesfully pull me into the story arcs, but I can't say that I felt as if I WAS the protagonist at any point, our personalities are just too different.
The only difference between theory and reality is that in theory there is no difference, but in reality there is.

Post by Guest »

This thread is kinda creepy actually.

Post by Guest »

Thrasher Thetic wrote:Nope, 'cause Hisao is way more of an emo turd than I am. Closest he got was Emi's route where he actually attacked his problem head on and won. All the other routes featured him either making imulsive, poorly considered decisions (herro rin), or stressing himself the hell out over not much (literally every other route).

Don't get me wrong, it was all well written on all counts and did succesfully pull me into the story arcs, but I can't say that I felt as if I WAS the protagonist at any point, our personalities are just too different.
This. I would have been a lot more involved in the story if Hisao wasn't so bloody dense, or at least if I had more control over his actions. Rin and Hanako's paths are the worst in that regard, like when he tells Hanako something along the lines of "don't worry, with Lilly gone, I'll be here to protect you," and he's unable to figure out why she's so perturbed. I also hated Hisao in Emi's path for not figuring out what happened to her dad until the very end.
Murex

Post by Murex »

IloveLily(gr) wrote:Also (i am a guy) why there are no girls so kind sweet and loving like lilly and hanako? Damn.... :oops:
Look harder. I know some really awesome, "kind sweet and loving" girls. Scottish/Japanese or purple-haired and -eyed might be a bit harder to find.

As for the original question, the only time I really felt this way was near the end of Shizune's Act 1 (not sure why it was that scene, out of the whole game). Mostly, I was aware of Hisao's presence in the story, but he's an interesting character, so I didn't mind. The fact that you got so immersed in the game is probably a sign that the writers did a good job.
ingordo

Post by ingordo »

Guest wrote:
Thrasher Thetic wrote:Nope, 'cause Hisao is way more of an emo turd than I am. Closest he got was Emi's route where he actually attacked his problem head on and won. All the other routes featured him either making imulsive, poorly considered decisions (herro rin), or stressing himself the hell out over not much (literally every other route).

This. I would have been a lot more involved in the story if Hisao wasn't so bloody dense, or at least if I had more control over his actions. Rin and Hanako's paths are the worst in that regard, like when he tells Hanako something along the lines of "don't worry, with Lilly gone, I'll be here to protect you," and he's unable to figure out why she's so perturbed. I also hated Hisao in Emi's path for not figuring out what happened to her dad until the very end.
I don't think that any of the characters in KS were ever meant to be perfect, and that goes for Hisao too. It's only natural that he wouldn't always do the right thing, or even mess up things really bad from time to time, just like he would have the occasional stroke of genius (like the scene where he presented the music box to Lilly). These little quirks make him more human and believable instead of being the generic faceless dating-sim extraordinaire.
Ry74

Post by Ry74 »

ingordo wrote: I don't think that any of the characters in KS were ever meant to be perfect, and that goes for Hisao too. It's only natural that he wouldn't always do the right thing, or even mess up things really bad from time to time, just like he would have the occasional stroke of genius (like the scene where he presented the music box to Lilly). These little quirks make him more human and believable instead of being the generic faceless dating-sim extraordinaire.
Plus, I'm willing to give Hisao slack because the guy had a heart attack at 17 and was basically shoved in a box for four months straight.
Harlizard

Post by Harlizard »

My first ending was Lilly's neutral ending.
I almost cried when I found out there was a good one. ;-;
Lilly = Done, but redoing since I got the bad ending. ;-;
Shizune = Done.
Emi = Done.
Hanako = Done.
Rin = In progress.
Kenji = Will do last.

Favourite to least favourite: Lilly, Rin, Hanako, Emi/Shizune.

Oh, and pm me or add me on skype if you want to chat.
purple haired Katawa Shoujo character

Post by purple haired Katawa Shoujo character »

I did feel like there was no Hisao. Just me. So much so, it was like my penis was actually in 5 different vaginas. It felt exactly like I was fucking all these cripples with my cock.
IloveLily(gr)

Post by IloveLily(gr) »

purple haired Katawa Shoujo character wrote:I did feel like there was no Hisao. Just me. So much so, it was like my penis was actually in 5 different vaginas. It felt exactly like I was fucking all these cripples with my cock.

You sir win, the creepiness contest....so....wtf?
As i can see this forum is no longer trollproof!!!
RUUUN!
Kanodin

Post by Kanodin »

purple haired Katawa Shoujo character wrote:I did feel like there was no Hisao. Just me. So much so, it was like my penis was actually in 5 different vaginas. It felt exactly like I was fucking all these cripples with my cock.

That was extremely creepy and quite random to boot....