Rin's Neutral Ending
23%
Rin's Bad Ending
9%

Total votes: 405

Tezzeret

Re: Which is the saddest ending?

Post by Tezzeret »

I'm still working on all the bad endings right now but so far Shizune's was the biggest heartbreaker.
geekahedron

Post by geekahedron »

Maybe not where Hisao is concerned, but I thought Hanako's bad ending was actually better for her than the neutral ending. Still "sad" I guess, though
Would you come with me if I ran off to be a pirate?

Scene-by-scene flowcharts: Image 100% complete [ 100% completion walkthrough ]
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Isn't it ironic that Rin's "neutral" ending got twice as many votes as the "bad" one?
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
VIVI

Post by VIVI »

um...Shizune bad ending, for sure.
I call the Shizune path "the friendship route" because in the good ending not only you ends with Shizune; you saves her friendship with Misha, and even Hisao remember his other friends (included Kenji, who really acts like a good friend here!) meanwhile in the bad end all is broken, not only Shizune, Misha is depressed and unable to be with Shizune, and Hisao forget all about his friends.Is a sad bad ending, for lot of people, not only for Shizune and you.
quellsnarg

Post by quellsnarg »

KnownAnonymous wrote:Hanako's bad ending is the best option to ease my mind....

Well, I like split-personalities :D.
lol what? Hanako doesn't have a split personality.
Shizune >>> Emi > Rin = Hanako >> Lilly
danyo

Post by danyo »

I don't think hanako's bad ending comes even close to the first place, her neutral ending is way worse then that imo. In her bad ending, yes, she snaps and freaks out against hisao ( and lilly ) but she finally manages to say what she feels. In her neutral ending, she just gives up on being herself and accepts that she's just someone to be protected. If that's not sadder then I don't know what is.

edit.: forgot spoiler tags
Acerus

Post by Acerus »

For me it's a draw between Shizune's bad ending and Rin's "neutral" ending (which is a lot more depressing and emotional than her bad ending).

In the end though I think Rin's "neutral" ending got to me a lot more than any of the others.
Completion: 100%

Lilly:       Completed
Emi:        Completed
Hanako:  Completed
Shizune: Completed
Rin:         Completed
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

I've only played through Shizune, Lilly and Emi's paths so far.

Emi's and Lilly's neutral endings (Emi's 'bad' ending seems more neutral to me, in that she and Hisao end up parting on 'good' terms, neither of them are emotioinal wrecks etc etc).

But Emi's neutral ending made me really upset because I love Emi as a character, and to have her split up from Hisao for any reason made me feel so sad, and the way it happened, with them both trying to put a brave face on things felt so massively incredibly bittersweet and tearful.

Lilly's neutral ending was pretty much the same as Emi's. Different situation, but basically I had the same response to it.

Shizune's bad ending on the other hand broke me in two, Hisao sleeps with his girlfriend's best friend, Shizune's friendship group falls apart, and she chooses to withdraw and basically decides on the forever-alone path? I still can't think of that ending picture of her sitting on the steps by herself without crying, and am seriously tearing up right now.
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
KSmaniac

Post by KSmaniac »

quellsnarg wrote:

In the end of the bad ending of Hanako's, I like when she stood up for herself and enrages people around..

Well that is an example of another persona. (Physically silent but mentally furtively present) That's how she is...
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

Give me Shizune's bad end ... more personal and real ... most of us can relate to that betrial by a best friend / gf .. which makes it that much sadder ... throw in the music and the art of that scene ... ... excuse me i got something in my eye
Bagheera

Post by Bagheera »

Toss up between Hanako's and Rin's neutral endings. Everything else is fixable, but these are pretty damn bad for the girls in question.

(and for Pete's sake, Shizune's bad ending has nothing to do with Hisao's infidelity. She didn't even know about that.)
Last edited by Bagheera on Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Girls: Emi = Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune = Rin
Routes: Rin = Shizune > Emi > Lilly = Hanako

Cyraknoss

Post by Cyraknoss »

Emi's was the saddest ending for me though I think it had more to do with living through something similar rather than it's inherent impact.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

quellsnarg wrote:

she has FUS ROH DAH! though...DRAGON BOOOOORRNNN by FIAAAAAAH

...I kept screaming that out loud up in my head to keep myself from shedding manly tears. Enough has been shed on three other previous routes (Shizune -bad-, Rin -Neutral-, Emi -second chance-)

it still came out after the door is closed though
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

viduuskamen wrote:Hanako's NEUTRAL ending. You've basically completely broken her. And while it's hinted throughout, you don't really see the extent of it until you read into her good ending.
She at least stands up for herself and overcomes some aspect of that shyness in her bad ending.
Since voting in the poll (for Shizune's bad ending), I've now played Hanako's arc, and although Shizune's ending made me feel more sad and sorry for her, and Emi's ending made me feel more distraught because I associated with Emi so much, Hanako's neutral ending made me feel just utterly depressed for the reason stated above.

I just felt so. sorry for her in the neutral ending... Hisao and Lilly are apparently consigning Hanako to forever being their shadows basically. He makes the first move, as he always does, he does the first whatever as he always will... Going down that route I just see Hanako not growing at all, not becoming a person, always needing protection because she's always had protection, always looking to one or other of them for confirmation that she can do this or that something is ok... Hisao should get a frickin' dog if he wants something to rely on him. Wind forwards 5 years or whatever. They've gone through uni, Hanako probably went to the same one as one or both of them, Hisao now has the choice to marry her (because he's responsible for her, and can't exactly toss her out because she needs him), and she becomes basically a robot, relying more and more on him until she can't function without him. Or Hisao grows tired of her, and falls in love with someone else (he can hardly take care of her all his life, after all HE has a life to lead as well, and wants to love, and not just hang out with Hanako all the time), and she basically internally collapses because she's been trained for the last 5 years to hang off his apron strings, and most likely ends up in an asylum or something because she cannot cope with life.
And her wonderful personality that peeks through at times throughout the story will be stifled and lost as she devolves into a robot...
tbh, if I extrude the ending forwards in time as I have done, it is probably the most depressing ending out of the 4 arcs I have done so far. Not the saddest, or one that had me cry most, but I feel it kills her almost as much as Kenji's ending kills Hisao.

(To go into more detail, copapastad from my post on Hanako's thread).
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
Shiro

Post by Shiro »

I may be a little biased as I've yet to reach the other bad endings.
But I will say, out of every visual novel I've played where I've intentionally gone for the bad ending to get it out of the way...
Shizune's bad end had to be one of the must heart breaking things ever. I've already written a pretty lengthy post on the subject, so I'll spare the details and just post this again since it speaks louder than I could.
http://animenz.files.wordpress.com/2012 ... .png?w=640