Game of the Year?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Kai

Re: Game of the Year?

Post by Kai »

I would love for it to be considered for that honor. But no. Here's why:

-Sadly, KS chose the worst time of the year to release a game, even more so than Thanksgiving and X mas: The beginning of the year. By the end of the year, either everyone will forget the game was released this year (Because it's gonna look like it was released ages ago) or it will be overshadowed by newer, flashier games.
-GOTY is really not that big of a deal, especially when you consider whoever makes that decision. I mean, at some point CoD, Madden and Gears won that title. And I'm pretty sure that, as good as the games might be, there are better games deserving of that title.
-It wouldn't fall under the "game" category. Sure, it's part of the Game family, but in order to compete with a console game, it needs more stuff. I'm not underrating KS, I love it! But think about it: GOTY editions are meant to be the ONE game that almost every game would enjoy. I'd like to think only a specific number of people would fully enjoy and appreciate KS, sadly. Don't we have a metal head somewhere around here saying how much the game sucks?

I do hope it gets some sort of recognition, though. Best original story, best script, etc.
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

And one other thing .... there is no real hype for the game ... will it be on X play or Game Trailers .... Will any serious reviewer look at it .... say u dont care all you want but with out exposure we wont even be in the conversation
Roy-Kr

Post by Roy-Kr »

Mahoutsukai no Yoru is taking game of the year, assuming it's not pushed back a third timeImage
Hamachi ID: Melty Blood EU
Password: sugoisugoi
nyttyn

Post by nyttyn »

Well, it's not really a game, more like a interractive book.

Still loved the shit out of it, and Rin's path is probably among my favorite books period.

This is coming from a man who hates romance novels with a undying fury.
Why does the OST feature so much piano, despite the fact that not even a single piano exists in the entire game!?
Bara

Post by Bara »

The question of "what is a game" and "what is a VN" are questions that the Devs themselves have gone over before in the forums. If you don't want to re-hash the subject over anyone who cares can search those old threads up and read them.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
C27

Post by C27 »

Snow_Storm wrote: if, for some strange reason KS wins Game of the Year, I am buying everyone 21+ a bottle of their favorite alcohol and the youngn folks get a video game.
I'm holding you to this. I'll take Luksusowa potato vodka.
Rin Tezuka, Painter, withdraws from society...
Rin Tezuka, Painter has begun a mysterious construction!