Using Guides

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Drakensang

Using Guides

Post by Drakensang »

Hey, I'm new, and I just played through the game for the first time. After I found which path I ended up playing towards, I used a guide to make sure I made the right choices so I would get the Good ending (I want to avoid the bad endings as much as possible). My friends try to tell me that I cheated my way through the game, but I don't think I did. What are your opinions?
Zeon Twilight

Re: Using Guides

Post by Zeon Twilight »

It's your gameplay experience. You right to play it how you want.

I used a flowchart a bit, not because I wanted to avoid bad endings, No, I've got 100% on this one. No it was just so I could enjoy all the story at my own pace, and find all the paths the game had to offer. Nothing wrong with that IMHO
ziamatt

Post by ziamatt »

To each his own. I use a flowchart once I've played through a character's good ending at least once on my own, just to collect anything I might be missing from that route.
Harco

Post by Harco »

I'd say it's a form of cheating, but I don't see why you should care. This is not a competitive game; there is no multiplayer mode and the 100% score is hardly a bragging right.
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

Quote of the century: "Yeah? Well, thats just like, your opinion man."

I didn't use flowchart, until I got through to the good end on every path.
Resulting in uncovering some bad one's too, like Hanako's for example - tough life.
And that's just because I liked it this way.

After that I used flowchart without shame, to check all the pathways, and uncover CG-s.
Harco wrote:there is no multiplayer
Yeah, we need a MMORPG made from it, Wahahaha!
Last edited by NoOne3 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Go ahead and use one! It's just a game and you're playing it on your own free time and your own copy. Anyone who gets an attitude or get judgmental are usually virgins and rarely go outside! :)
Mogami-kun

Post by Mogami-kun »

I don't think there is anything wrong with it. I didn't use it per se, but I would consider it a kind of balancing force to some of the rather...interesting choice options. If you don't wish to see the bad ends, by all means, avoid them. It's your experience, don't let other people ruin the fun for you.
"100%"
My final ranking: Hanako >>> Lilly > (Misha >) Shizune > Rin > Emi.