Shizune's Epilogue

Post by Annonymous »

I found someone posts this on GameFAQs boards so I'll like to share

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/650003-k ... o/61603960

Kudos to the poster, not me :D
bradpara

Re: Shizune's Epilogue

Post by bradpara »

That was beautiful really. Kinda how I liked to picture what happened to them after Shizune's Good Ending.

Nothing like Babies Ever After to put a eroge Good Ending over the top.
Shizune=Hanako>Lilly>Emi=Rin
Family Game Night A Shizune After Story Fic
iamjagman

Post by iamjagman »

Gotta admit, the Shizune ending did leave it bit to be desired. I mean, basically, you finally get her to open up to you, then you guys part ways and say that you'll visit each other...

I thought only the bad endings were supposed to be sad :(
bradpara

Post by bradpara »

iamjagman wrote:Gotta admit, the Shizune ending did leave it bit to be desired. I mean, basically, you finally get her to open up to you, then you guys part ways and say that you'll visit each other...

I thought only the bad endings were supposed to be sad :(
I thought of it as a rather opened ended, bittersweet ending. But than again, I liked Shizune's route as a whole.
Quark

Post by Quark »

Isn't it kind of selfish of them to have kids, given that Hisao will probably die before they hit puberty? :roll:
Ryto

Post by Ryto »

Quark wrote:Isn't it kind of selfish of them to have kids, given that Hisao will probably die before they hit puberty? :roll:
There's always the chance that any of us will die before our children reach puberty. Is it selfish of us to have kids? As long as he takes care of himself, there's just as much chance that he'll live a full life.
100% Complete.
So here's my ranking:
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>=Emi>Shizune
charmisokay

Post by charmisokay »

Well as the doctor in act one (or was it zero? Is there such thing?) say, Hisao will, if he takes care of himself, live pretty long. Probably not as long as the average - but still.
After playing Lilly's route I started eating pizza with a knife and a fork ^^ I'm such a gentleman.
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

Shizune's ending was fine by me.

Its about closure, its about growing up.Its about being an adult. Hisao and Shizune have lots of doubts about the future, they don't want to move on, its scary out there, but they have to. Its powerful and bittersweet.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
bradpara

Post by bradpara »

Tomate wrote:Shizune's ending was fine by me.

Its about closure, its about growing up.Its about being an adult. Hisao and Shizune have lots of doubts about the future, they don't want to move on, its scary out there, but they have to. Its powerful and bittersweet.
Quoted for Truth
Nakz

Post by Nakz »

I liked that a lot. I kinda felt a little off when I got to Shizune's ending because I wanted to see how her and Hisao played out and such~
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Well, he does say "I'm going to keep chasing Shizune".

Considering the strong connection they made and her family's wealth, it's silly to think they'd just part ways like that. There'd be no reason why they couldn't at the very least see each other regularly if they didn't just stay together for post-secondary education.

Tomate says it's about moving on... I like to think that they did both move on from the last remnants of their childhood in those finals weeks at school and are now ready to face the outside world together as adults.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

I wish I was a better artist, I'd love to see a picture to accompany that epilogue. I can picture it perfectly in my head...

Hisao is wearing a suit and glasses and has cut his hair a little bit. He has his arm around Shizune's waist.
Shizune is a tiny bit taller and is also wearing a smart women's business suit, and is holding the baby. Her head is slightly cocked to rest against her husband's shoulder/chest.
Misha is wearing a white turtleneck, a necklace, and a skirt, and is, unsurprisingly, grinning.
Mutou is as described: still scruffy and disheveled, with added leather elbow patches, old man glasses on his nose and grey temples.
Pl4t0

Post by Pl4t0 »

This epilogue is beautiful, about the best one could hope for. Thank you :)
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Some music for that final paragraph:

I'm not ashamed to admit, playing it just now while reading it has made me cry.

We're not allowed to ask in the Fan Art section for requests, so how would I go about finding someone willing to draw that final portrait of them, eight years later, for me?