I wish Misha had her own route *spoilers for Shizune's route

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
Nyzer
Posts: 104
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: I wish Misha had her own route *spoilers for Shizune's r

Post by Nyzer » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:44 pm

The reason there is no Misha route is because she is lesbian? F that.That is exactly why there has to be a route dedicated to Misha. Whats the point of routes when you are not going to change anything in a girls life?
............................................________........................
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,..................
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,............
.........................,/...............................................”:,........
.....................,?......................................................\,.....
.................../...........................................................,}....
................./......................................................,:`^`..}....
.............../...................................................,:”........./.....
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../.....
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../........
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/...........
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}...........
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../............
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../.............
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”...............
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,....
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\........................
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\.......................
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__..
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``.......
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\...............
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\..............


Congratulations, you've earned the first Picard Facepalm I've yet to give on the internet.
All you really need to know is that there's a gun that shoots shurikens and lightning. I wish I could make something like that up; it shoots shurikens and lightning.

User avatar
Oddball
Posts: 2903
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:05 pm

Re: I wish Misha had her own route *spoilers for Shizune's r

Post by Oddball » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:34 pm

Guest wrote:Did you not watch the Misha H-scene (and no, I'm not spoilering that - it's a pretty well-known plot twist by now)? Misha did NOT enjoy the sex - yes, there was guilt involved that she was fucking her best friend's boyfriend - but she didn't enjoy sex with a guy, period.
Hanako didn't enjoy the sex either, but that doesn't mean she's gay.
Also - Shizune isn't very romantic towards Hisao especially when Misha's around because she's afraid of hurting her even more. She might not have feelings for Misha, but she still cares for her.
She's not very romantic towards Hisao when Misha isn't around either. I fact, she's not very romantic towards Hisao when Hisao is around.

Frankly though, I don't buy that explanation. Shizune compartmentalizes things. She might not even see the connection between Hisao being her boyfriend and Misha not.
Hands up if you thought Misha looked fat. And then you saw her with her hair cut and in the T_T cutscene on the roof where she confesses to wanting Shizune, and realized it was her giant ridiculous hair that was adding about 50 pounds to her face.
I never thought she looked fat. She's got a thicker body type, but it's not fat.
Cyraknoss wrote:I think leaving out a Misha route is the best option because as mentioned it would require some flip flopping of her sexual orientation and she's pretty obviously gay.
I'd like to submit her exact quote:It's my first time WITH A MAN. Those last 3 words are what make me sure. I'm more surprised that this far in the discussion there's no one who points out that between that quote and her well established popularity she could have found someone of her preferred gender to console her. In reality Misha isn't there for sex to console her, she's there for one of two reasons that I'm still debating mentally. A) Sex with Shizune by proxy. She can't have Shizune herself so instead she's hoping to have Shizune's love through the one person Shizune's given it to. or B) Leaving Shizune as miserable as Misha is. This one seems less likely but she does come to know them both pretty well so even without telling Shizune that Hisao cheated it's possible Misha could know the outcome.
Misha strikes me as the type of person that doesn't know what she really wants. Why did she go to Hisao? Because she was feeling horrible and he was one of the few actual friends she had and she wanted to do something to make herself feel good. She just didn't know what.

If she was a lesbian why would she want to sleep with a guy to begin with? Maybe she wasn't sure about that either. She wanted to try it and see if maybe that was something she liked. Hell, her whole personality through most of the game is a act she puts on and apperance is hinted to be something she just does to try to make herself look more cheerful and in control. The girl needs help and some seriou friends that are actually going to BE friends with her.
'Nuff said. A romantic story with no romance kinda loses half it's point,
So, kinda like Shizune's route? :D
Not Dead Yet

User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: I wish Misha had her own route *spoilers for Shizune's r

Post by Xanatos » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:04 pm

Cyraknoss wrote:she's pretty obviously gay.[/spoiler]
So obviously gay that she fucks a dude.


Anyway, Misha has her own route. It's in that box Hisao delivers to Kenji.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."


Tony
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:07 am

Re: I wish Misha had her own route *spoilers for Shizune's r

Post by Tony » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:11 pm

Anyway, Misha has her own route. It's in that box Hisao delivers to Kenji.
Always knew! Damn it.

Btw, Is the game really dead after all? I know they will not be producing any other game as 4ls but does that mean they are never going to update ks too?

Machoman
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:33 am

Re: I wish Misha had her own route *spoilers for Shizune's r

Post by Machoman » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:30 pm

It would be a massive undertaking and there is no way it will happen, but it would be pretty cool if they pulled a "persona 3 portable" and came with a female main character. A lesbian Misha route (or a kenji route) would be pretty epic.

ProfAllister
Posts: 494
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:49 pm

Re: I wish Misha had her own route *spoilers for Shizune's r

Post by ProfAllister » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:40 pm

First-time poster doing a necro and no comment? Even though the rules encourage topical necroing, I'm surprised.

Anyway, as has been addressed, the "is Misha gay" discussion is about as relevant as "what is Misha's disability?" There are textual hintings, but nothing definite. The devs have something specific in mind, but they'll never tell.

From the text, all we know is that Misha is sexually attracted to Shizune. Anything else is merely hinted or implied. I have already addressed the "Misha went to Yamaku because she was bullied for being a lesbian" arguemnt elsewhere, but, frankly, I'm amazed that it's an argument taken seriously. Is "Cripples can't be homophobic" a stereotype everyone else hears all the time?

Misha says it's the first time she's done it with a man. On the other hand, if a girl says that she's never kissed a boy, it doesn't imply that she's sampled female tonsils.

Misha doesn't enjoy the sex. Said by someone who a: has never had guilty sex and b: has no idea what sexual orientation means. Being gay doesn't necessarily mean you don't enjoy straight sex. By that logic, a guy who enjoys anal penetration must obviously be gay or bisexual. If someone is homosexual (as opposed to bisexual), it means that they simply aren't sexually attracted to the opposite sex. Nothing more, nothing less. [sarcasm]And, of course, Misha not enjoying the sex has nothing to do with extreme guilt, the awkward positioning and lack of foreplay, or Hisao's total check-out once it starts. In all the other scenes, the focus is on the emotional connection, while this scene is almost purely mechanical, right down to the (paraphrased) "Why won't this bitch just shut up?"

Misha says it "feels weird." Funny thing about virgins - sex is a new and unfamiliar experience to them. If you're lucky, it's done right and it feels good. Otherwise, it's a complex sensation, and one that can justifiably be described as "weird." Ant it's pretty clearly that little about Misha's scene was "done right."

I can continue, or even produce arguments in any direction. And any arguments I produce could be as easily felled. The textual basis is non-conclusive, as intended.

As far as that one comment is concerned, though, have to agree on the facepalm.
Current Project: Misha Pseudo-Route

Discord ID: ProfAllister#9754

Bagheera
Posts: 292
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:53 pm

Re: I wish Misha had her own route *spoilers for Shizune's r

Post by Bagheera » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:00 pm

ProfAllister wrote:As far as that one comment is concerned, though, have to agree on the facepalm.
Agreed. As a general rule I don't like labeling people -- Misha might be gay, she might be bi, she might be neither. Much as we like to talk about gay/straight/bi the reality is that those are fairly arbitrary categories that don't happen to suit everyone. And, as you say, even leaving that aside people are reading way too much into scenes that are intentionally ambiguous.

But with that aside the notion that Hisao can "turn her straight", or that including such a concept in a route would in any way be a good idea, is . . . bad. As facepalm moments go it's hard to imagine a better candidate.
Girls: Emi = Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune = Rin
Routes: Rin = Shizune > Emi > Lilly = Hanako


User avatar
Potato
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:49 pm

Re: I wish Misha had her own route *spoilers for Shizune's r

Post by Potato » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:51 pm

Machoman wrote:It would be a massive undertaking and there is no way it will happen, but it would be pretty cool if they pulled a "persona 3 portable" and came with a female main character. A lesbian Misha route (or a kenji route) would be pretty epic.
Meanwhile, in reality, a genderbent fanfiction edition of KS wouldn't be anywhere near "pretty cool"...It'd just be fanservicey and unnecessary.

@Tony: Why would they update a game that's completed?
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.

Tony
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:07 am

Re: I wish Misha had her own route *spoilers for Shizune's r

Post by Tony » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:57 am

Potato wrote:@Tony: Why would they update a game that's completed?
I don't even want to answer that.

User avatar
Potato
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:49 pm

Re: I wish Misha had her own route *spoilers for Shizune's r

Post by Potato » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:18 am

Tony wrote:
Potato wrote:@Tony: Why would they update a game that's completed?
I don't even want to answer that.
Probably because the answer is "They won't."
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.

Bagheera
Posts: 292
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:53 pm

Re: I wish Misha had her own route *spoilers for Shizune's r

Post by Bagheera » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:26 am

Potato wrote:Probably because the answer is "They won't."
Well, of course they won't. There's nothing left to do.
Girls: Emi = Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune = Rin
Routes: Rin = Shizune > Emi > Lilly = Hanako


Tony
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:07 am

Re: I wish Misha had her own route *spoilers for Shizune's r

Post by Tony » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:50 am

I didn't expect to see that much narrow-minded people. Update doesn't only mean fixing the bugs and imroving graphics. It can also include extra artworks, sequel or prequel to story. Adding details to gameplay etc. "DLC's". Search it.

As for facepalm, if you don't believe homosexuality can be cured, and saying that she didn't enjoy it, she loves Shizune etc, I would want to ask how can someone (including everyone) enjoy having sex with his/her best friends bf/gf? If you do, It would be just because you are such a B. What I tried to tell there is, what if Hisao was attracted to Misha, how the things would go, would she betray on Shizune, etc.


Anyway, first sentence says it all, farewell.

Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You
Posts: 2531
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:22 am
Location: Imola, Italy

Re: I wish Misha had her own route *spoilers for Shizune's r

Post by Silentcook » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:56 am

It's been a while since I had to do this, but the game FAQs should always be your first stop.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Image

User avatar
Potato
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:49 pm

Re: I wish Misha had her own route *spoilers for Shizune's r

Post by Potato » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:03 am

Tony wrote:It can also include extra artworks, sequel or prequel to story. Adding details to gameplay etc. "DLC's". Search it.
But none of that will happen because KS is already completed. The stories are done. A prequel would be pointless. Who would it follow? Hisao? He played soccer sometimes and didn't date or socialize much. A sequel would just be fanservice. And the game's already finished so there are no details to add to gameplay. There is nothing to update so nothing will be updated.
Last edited by Potato on Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.

Post Reply