I wish Misha had her own route *spoilers for Shizune's route

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
ziamatt
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:09 pm

Re: I wish Misha had her own route *spoilers for Shizune's r

Post by ziamatt » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:34 am

NoOne3 wrote:
ziamatt wrote:I can imagine it being interesting to have to work out the problems that develop at the end Shizune's route from the perspective of Misha's boyfriend, rather than Shizune's boyfriend.
I guess You missed a point on the way (or I did?!?).
You'll need a scene, when Hisao storms into Nurse's office shouting: "I need a sex change operation, QUICK!"
From what I can remember, Shiina is not even bi, she's gay all the way. It made comforting-Misha scene quite awkward for me, since I didn't take it on the first go, but after completing Shizune's path. Even more than Emi's spelunking expedition.
I don't remember anything in the game suggesting Misha can't he bisexual, or even that she couldn't have been heterosexual going through a confusing time when she confessed to Shizune.

Guest

Re: I wish Misha had her own route *spoilers for Shizune's r

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:59 am

Did you not watch the Misha H-scene (and no, I'm not spoilering that - it's a pretty well-known plot twist by now)? Misha did NOT enjoy the sex - yes, there was guilt involved that she was fucking her best friend's boyfriend - but she didn't enjoy sex with a guy, period.

God, even after the game's released people are still whining about no Misha route (and the game's done a good job of explaining why there isn't one).

User avatar
ziamatt
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:09 pm

Re: I wish Misha had her own route *spoilers for Shizune's r

Post by ziamatt » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:21 am

Guest wrote:Did you not watch the Misha H-scene (and no, I'm not spoilering that - it's a pretty well-known plot twist by now)? Misha did NOT enjoy the sex - yes, there was guilt involved that she was fucking her best friend's boyfriend - but she didn't enjoy sex with a guy, period.

God, even after the game's released people are still whining about no Misha route (and the game's done a good job of explaining why there isn't one).
She was very depressed and screwing her best friend's boyfriend, and the fact that she didn't enjoy that is evidence that she's lesbian? Even as they have sex, Hisao begins to regret it. I'm sure that didn't help the mood either.
I'm not whining about their being no Misha route. I understand why it wasn't included. I just think I would have liked a Misha route.

Guest

Re: I wish Misha had her own route *spoilers for Shizune's r

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:40 am

ziamatt wrote:
Guest wrote:Did you not watch the Misha H-scene (and no, I'm not spoilering that - it's a pretty well-known plot twist by now)? Misha did NOT enjoy the sex - yes, there was guilt involved that she was fucking her best friend's boyfriend - but she didn't enjoy sex with a guy, period.

God, even after the game's released people are still whining about no Misha route (and the game's done a good job of explaining why there isn't one).
She was very depressed and screwing her best friend's boyfriend, and the fact that she didn't enjoy that is evidence that she's lesbian? Even as they have sex, Hisao begins to regret it. I'm sure that didn't help the mood either.
I'm not whining about their being no Misha route. I understand why it wasn't included. I just think I would have liked a Misha route.
/sameguest

She consents to the sex but she finds sex with a man strange and unenjoyable, yeah. She has no feelings for Hisao whatsoever. I personally found the scene even more awkward than Hanako's. At the time KS is set, Misha doesn't like men. She doesn't show any evidence of liking men. She wanted "comfort" and would have taken almost anyone due to her mental state - had that been Shizune sitting with her instead she probably would have tried it on with her, too.

It's not just you, loads of people are still complaining. The devs were clear from the beginning that there would be no Misha route probably because of how involved she'd be in Shizune's, they've established that no more work will be done on KS after this, they were fairly transparent about their process and what would be in the game without spoiling anything, and people are still treating it as a massive surprise that they were good as their word. Well, uh, what else were people expecting?

Guest

Re: I wish Misha had her own route *spoilers for Shizune's r

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:59 am

Guest wrote:
ziamatt wrote:
Guest wrote:Did you not watch the Misha H-scene (and no, I'm not spoilering that - it's a pretty well-known plot twist by now)? Misha did NOT enjoy the sex - yes, there was guilt involved that she was fucking her best friend's boyfriend - but she didn't enjoy sex with a guy, period.

God, even after the game's released people are still whining about no Misha route (and the game's done a good job of explaining why there isn't one).
She was very depressed and screwing her best friend's boyfriend, and the fact that she didn't enjoy that is evidence that she's lesbian? Even as they have sex, Hisao begins to regret it. I'm sure that didn't help the mood either.
I'm not whining about their being no Misha route. I understand why it wasn't included. I just think I would have liked a Misha route.
/sameguest

She consents to the sex but she finds sex with a man strange and unenjoyable, yeah. She has no feelings for Hisao whatsoever. I personally found the scene even more awkward than Hanako's. At the time KS is set, Misha doesn't like men. She doesn't show any evidence of liking men. She wanted "comfort" and would have taken almost anyone due to her mental state - had that been Shizune sitting with her instead she probably would have tried it on with her, too.

It's not just you, loads of people are still complaining. The devs were clear from the beginning that there would be no Misha route probably because of how involved she'd be in Shizune's, they've established that no more work will be done on KS after this, they were fairly transparent about their process and what would be in the game without spoiling anything, and people are still treating it as a massive surprise that they were good as their word. Well, uh, what else were people expecting?
You're just assuming that she didn't like it because she was doing it with a guy. The only thing she says related to Hisao's gender is: (paraphrasing) "this is my first time doing this with a guy". Hisao notes her guilty tone when she speaks, which would explain her discomfort, so I'd say that she didn't seem to dislike the sex (especially since considering that she climaxed), she seemed just seemed to be ashamed of the sex.

On topic, I would have liked to have seen a more fleshed out Misha. It was nice that she was as involved as she was in Shizune's story, but I did feel like I could relate to her a lot more than I could Shizune, and I would have liked to see more of that sensitive side of hers (as opposed to her usual "bubbly" side).

User avatar
gunlocksp
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:02 am

Re: I wish Misha had her own route *spoilers for Shizune's r

Post by gunlocksp » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:07 am

I would love to see Misha get her own route (and no I am not complaining)... but "maybe" if KS becomes popular enough... who knows? We might have a sequel or a similiar game on our hands featuring her(different setting, different protagonist, etc)? Just an idea... XD
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5161&start=15

User avatar
metalangel
Posts: 842
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: I wish Misha had her own route *spoilers for Shizune's r

Post by metalangel » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:57 am

traitor wrote:you remember those cheery fat girls in your middle school and high school?
Hands up if you thought Misha looked fat. And then you saw her with her hair cut and in the T_T cutscene on the roof where she confesses to wanting Shizune, and realized it was her giant ridiculous hair that was adding about 50 pounds to her face.

I couldn't stand her. Not just because I wanted time alone with Shizune but I swear I'll never be able to read 'Wahaha' again without feeling a twinge of nausea.
Quark wrote: I think the sex scenes were there just to remind you that Shizune and Hisao are a couple, because otherwise they do absolutely nothing that indicates that they are in a romantic relationship. It ended up just being really weird and random though.
Well, three things:
1. Shizune apologizes for being a bad girlfriend later on, because she's been busy with school and council stuff.
2. She isn't used to this sort of relationship, and so isn't really sure about expressing affection... plus having an insane bisexual (or whatever, not the point) friend who follows you everywhere isn't conducive to much experimenting.
3. Unlike, say, Emi's path, we don't get to spend every moment of every day with them. We get to see the days where something of importance happens, we don't get to see when there's a quick squeeze or peck or holding of hands during the days in between.

Guest

Re: I wish Misha had her own route *spoilers for Shizune's r

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:46 am

Also - Shizune isn't very romantic towards Hisao especially when Misha's around because she's afraid of hurting her even more. She might not have feelings for Misha, but she still cares for her.

Oh, and climaxing during sex is purely a bodily reaction - you can masturbate to climax without thinking about anything, really, because it's what your hands are doing that matters. Misha even expresses during the sex that it feels weird - but yeah, she had every right to be ashamed, she was not only cheating with her best friend's boyfriend, but she probably would have much rather have had her best friend. I don't think she has the feels for Hisao, though.

But that reminds me of something - Misha says it's her first time with a guy, right? So ... she might have slept with a woman before? When I saw how really broken she was by Shizune's rejection, I wondered if the two of them had slept together but Shizune saw it as purely experimenting ... that'd have hurt Misha if she saw it as more than that. It'd make sense that the both of them would keep it a secret, as well ...

User avatar
crystal
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:09 am

Re: I wish Misha had her own route *spoilers for Shizune's r

Post by crystal » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:00 am

I liked Misha better than Shizune, so it would be nice to have a Misha path. Though I understand why they didnt.
Lilly path > Hanako path >>>> Shizune path > Emi path > Rin path.

My most heart wrenching moment...Misha getting a haircut.

Snorri
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:00 pm
Location: Everywhere and anywhere (Sweden)
Contact:

Re: I wish Misha had her own route *spoilers for Shizune's r

Post by Snorri » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:56 am

Misha sought comfort from Hisao because she felt lonely and depressed. The sex was meant to be awkward. Both of them realized that. Misha had sex with Shizune's boyfriend, and Hisao cheated on her. Whether Misha is lesbian or bisexual can be debatted for everywhere. She never specifically said what her sexual orientation is, and thus it is up to each and every one of us what we want to believe. Personally, I believe she was bisexual leaning to females. She may have felt a little attraction to Hisao. What else did she expect him to do when asking him to comfort her, and be with her for just one night? I don't think a lesbian would have done that. Yes she said the sex felt weird, which was understandable because they were not having sex out of love. I just wish she could have had her old hair style before she cut it. The new one did not fit her at all.
Finished paths in order: Rin, Lilly, Shizune.
Favorite path so far: Lilly
You like Hisao x Misha? Then read my fanfic Listen to your heart]. Contains sex.

User avatar
scorptatious
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:47 pm

Re: I wish Misha had her own route *spoilers for Shizune's r

Post by scorptatious » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:21 am

While I personally don't think Shizune's route is the weakest of all the routes, (then again this is coming from someone who believes that none of the routes are bad in any way) I would like to see a Misha route and how it would turn out.

User avatar
NoOne3
Posts: 303
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:26 pm

Re: I wish Misha had her own route *spoilers for Shizune's r

Post by NoOne3 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:58 am

Hypotetically speaking, what plot device would You use to make it happen?

I mean, It surely wouldn't end as a healthy relation compared to the other paths (heatlhy, har har...).

Miracle cure for gayness would be really low, as far as my mental picture of Misha is somewhat correct. I am under impression, that main cause for her to enter Yamaku, was a dim hope for the school community to be more understanding of her "ailment". And becoming an ASL (JSL?) instructor was a secondary goal. She wouldn't decide on that while being "slightly bicurious". Note how very not succesfull she was in realising her plans involving Shizune, and what kind of stress was building inside her that all time.

I thought for a minute that an "altruistic path" would be quite a novel idea. The one in which Hisao befriends Misha, and tries to help her with her own agenda... which would involve another miraculous orientation change on the part of Shizune, and though it would be slightly more plausable (or could be made like this at least), it still would be not enough for me.

Of course You could make a trousers-of-the-universe thing, in which Misha is always straight, if she's Hisao's choice as his fair maiden, and not if he chooses otherwise, but... I think it would be still bizarrre (and from this
And I'm not whining for the Shiina's route, nor ridiculing those who longs for it. I believe the devs, that it just wont happen, so that's not the point at all here.
Last edited by NoOne3 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mirage_GSM
Posts: 6059
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:24 am
Location: Germany

Re: I wish Misha had her own route *spoilers for Shizune's r

Post by Mirage_GSM » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:52 pm

NoOne3 wrote:I thought for a minute that an "altruistic path" would be quite a novel idea. The one in which Hisao befriends Misha, and tries to help her with her own agenda... which would involve another miraculous orientation change on the part of Shizune,...
Or he could set her up with Miki or Ritsu... I'm sure Kosher would have lots of other ideas.
Actually I think a path where the MC doesn't get together with the path's heroine would be quite refreshing.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.

User avatar
Raiel
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:51 pm

Re: I wish Misha had her own route *spoilers for Shizune's r

Post by Raiel » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:46 pm

For me, Shizune's bad end (more like neutral, is it didn't felt that bad compared to her "good" end) was the Misha route. Maybe this was the developers idea of a "Misha Path". If there was going to be any Misha path, it would diverge on the Shizune path (kinda like with Hanako and Lilly). And like this they have a perfect explanation why there would be no Misha route (even though only through comforting misha, there is that huge of a difference and in the end hisao snaps - again - for no good reason, just because of one stupid choice. Even the others didn't react that much different at first.

So although I like Misha, I have no need for a Misha route right now. I'm still satisfied with right now... but I wouldn't say no to an updated Shizune route or Misha route XD (but that will never come, so it's okay)
Lilly (Good End on 1st try), Rin (Good End on 1st try), Emi (Bad End on 1st try), Shizune ("Bad" End on 1st try), Hanako Arch (Good End on 1st try)
Favorite Char: 1.Rin 2.Misha 3.Kenji
Favorite Couple: Lilly x Hisao, Hisao x Misha x Shizune
Special Mention: Jigoro (for being awesome), Yandere Hanako (USO DA!), Emi's mom (for being MILFy)
Least Favorite Char: Emi (by far)

cozzy20000
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:01 pm

Re: I wish Misha had her own route *spoilers for Shizune's r

Post by cozzy20000 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 pm

Yall know the best part of Shizune's route is her father. The man has a sword, has probably killed a bear and will beat you senselessly with his auto-biography if you give him any lip, boy.

Post Reply