Does Rin have Asperger Syndrome?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

LifeIsWorthLiving

Re: Does Rin have Asperger Syndrome?

Post by LifeIsWorthLiving »

Yes, and no.

She does not have Asperger's Syndrome. But she is on that spectrum. Specifically, she has http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoid_p ... y_disorder

Her path shows that love can cross any barrier. Hisao and Rin made it work. That's why her route is so unique. No other piece of literature tried doing this and yet, this VN got it absolutely perfect. That's what makes her path the best.

"Butterflies are the best animal." <3
Xerxes

Post by Xerxes »

LifeIsWorthLiving wrote:Yes, and no.

She does not have Asperger's Syndrome. But she is on that spectrum. Specifically, she has http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoid_p ... y_disorder

Her path shows that love can cross any barrier. Hisao and Rin made it work. That's why her route is so unique. No other piece of literature tried doing this and yet, this VN got it absolutely perfect. That's what makes her path the best.

That looks more accurate, Rin has a lot of the symptoms.
If Rin is Schizoid, then Hanako is slightly Schizotypal, mostly on "the anxiety in social situations" part, and Kenji is totally a Schizotypal, borderlining the schizophrenia.
Ominous

Post by Ominous »

Definitely. I have Aspergers myself, and can give you another reason as to why she is. And she doesn't really refer to herself specifically, really, like in the scene where they go to the "Worry Tree." "This me couldn't do it."
See, she said that she doesn't really know who she is. I can only speak from personal experience, but... Well. Frankly, I feel as if I switch personalities every half year. I can't seem to figure out who I am either. Both in a philosophical, and literal sense. I go by "Tristan" sometimes, "Stan" on others, and sometimes my middle name, "Alexander."
It literally depends on my mood.
Disposition

Post by Disposition »

LifeIsWorthLiving wrote:Yes, and no.

Oh wow, I guess that's why I am so into Rin, I'm a diagnosed Schizoid.
INTP Enneagram 5w4

"We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion."

"Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall
All the kings horses and all the kings men
Couldn't put Humpty together again."
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

But she doesn't show any signs of hand flapping.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Ominous wrote:I go by "Tristan" sometimes, "Stan" on others, and sometimes my middle name, "Alexander."
On some websites, I'm 'Keiichi', while on others, I'm 'Rinku'. And sometimes, I'm just a tree. Does that make me an Aspie??
simmr001

Post by simmr001 »

could have sworm this was posted before

also an alternate theory is shes been around paint too much and the fumes left her spaced out?