03 World of Warcraft
04 League of Legends
05 Minecraft
06 Katawa Shoujo
07 Battlefield 3
08 Starcraft II: WoL
09 Team Fortress 2
10 MapleStory

Also, click on each name and check the "GameFAQs Rating Average" (the only rating KS has ATM, with 163 responses)
8.9 Skyrim
8.0 SWTOR
7.8 WoW
8.2 LoL
8.7 Minecraft
9.1 KS
8.3 BF3
8.5 Starcraft
8.9 TF2
6.9 MapleStory

I can't find any PC game rated higher...
Benkei

Re: KS is #6 in PC games on gamefaqs.com

Post by Benkei »

How is GameFAQs' Top 10 list compiled? Does it look at how often people search for a particular title? Does it look at how often they pull up a walkthrough for that particular game? Is it a popularity contest that is conducted by member votes in a forum poll? The only reason I ask that is because it's rather surprising to see so many critically-acclaimed and commercially-successful titles missing from that Top 10 list, making me think that this is more a glimpse of what people are playing now than it is a glimpse of what games people consider to have been the best of all time. Which is great and all -- go Katawa Shoujo! :D Spot #6, woo woo! -- but it probably means that this isn't going to last for too long and that by February or March we'll see KS having slipped off of the Top 10 list while newer popular games come out for PC and vie with it for Top 10 spots.

As for the rating of 9.1, that's pretty damn cool: but again, let's see how long it lasts. Would be pretty awesome if it lasted for 12+ months. :)
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

Benkei wrote:How is GameFAQs' Top 10 list compiled? Does it look at how often people search for a particular title?
I have no idea.
Benkei wrote:making me think that this is more a glimpse of what people are playing now than it is a glimpse of what games people consider to have been the best of all time. Which is great and all -- go Katawa Shoujo! :D Spot #6, woo woo! -- but it probably means that this isn't going to last for too long and that by February or March we'll see KS having slipped off of the Top 10 list while newer popular games come out for PC and vie with it for Top 10 spots.
So you're wondering whether Katawa Shoujo....

<Emi puts on sunglasses>

...has legs?
Geroaergaroe

Post by Geroaergaroe »

Just another proof that great thing are not made through cash invested, the name of whom made it, or just high-tech; but truly through the love and passion that were putted in.

KS and 4LS deserved it so much.

Post by Guest »

Ha now all the people on /v/ saying "not vidya" can suck it.
Sure people mostly ignored them, but now we have more ammo to use against them.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:more ammo to use against them.
The point being?
People will always be looking to pick fights. You should know this of /v/, of all places. Reiterating will only give them what they want. The anti-KS "movement" on /v/ has mostly calmed down, be the better man and leave them alone.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

The point being?
People will always be looking to pick fights. You should know this of /v/, of all places. Reiterating will only give them what they want. The anti-KS "movement" on /v/ has mostly calmed down, be the better man and leave them alone.
This. It's better to not get into, as The Boondocks would say, a "NIgga Moment" over a game and don't feed the troll. Don't take shit so seriously.
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

Well, it's no longer #6...

Now it's #4.

PS: and #12 overall, so two slots to the front page top 10.
zomgbbq

Post by zomgbbq »

Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:
Benkei wrote:How is GameFAQs' Top 10 list compiled? Does it look at how often people search for a particular title?
I have no idea.
Benkei wrote:making me think that this is more a glimpse of what people are playing now than it is a glimpse of what games people consider to have been the best of all time. Which is great and all -- go Katawa Shoujo! :D Spot #6, woo woo! -- but it probably means that this isn't going to last for too long and that by February or March we'll see KS having slipped off of the Top 10 list while newer popular games come out for PC and vie with it for Top 10 spots.
So you're wondering whether Katawa Shoujo....

<Emi puts on sunglasses>

...has legs?
YEAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
"You're out of touch, I'm out of time.. But I'm out of my head when you're not around"

"What's the word for when it feels inside your heart that everything in the world is all right?"
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

Haha. Some idiot posted a 800 word review on Game Faqs. :lol: Who exactly has that much free time?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/650003-kataw ... iew-149420
Nyarly

Post by Nyarly »

^ You.
ziamatt

Post by ziamatt »

Number 3 PC game and number 11 overall. This is where the opposition is going to get very stiff now though. It would be difficult for any game to wrangle number 10 away from Pokemon Black. If Katawa Shoujo can do it would be amazing!
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

encrypted12345 wrote:Haha. Some idiot posted a 800 word review on Game Faqs. :lol: Who exactly has that much free time?
I've seen several longer posts here on the forum, so apparently plenty of people.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
zomgbbq

Post by zomgbbq »

encrypted12345 wrote:Haha. Some idiot posted a 800 word review on Game Faqs. :lol: Who exactly has that much free time?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/650003-kataw ... iew-149420
I could probably write a 1000 word review with ease. A good journalist could probably write a 2000 word article about the VN
"You're out of touch, I'm out of time.. But I'm out of my head when you're not around"

"What's the word for when it feels inside your heart that everything in the world is all right?"
Benkei

Post by Benkei »

ziamatt wrote:Number 3 PC game and number 11 overall. This is where the opposition is going to get very stiff now though. It would be difficult for any game to wrangle number 10 away from Pokemon Black. If Katawa Shoujo can do it would be amazing!
Bah! Just took a list at the Top 10 Overall for myself and ... the top three spots are the same exact game! Just on different platforms! As far as I'm concerned, then, you may as well bump up every game beneath Skyrim by two ranks -- meaning Katawa Shoujo is already sitting cozy at 9th Place. 'Cause that's just stupid to count the same title separately in a Top 10 Overall list. [/2¢]