Sean here. I got excited before. Long post is long. :)

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

capncrooked

Sean here. I got excited before. Long post is long. :)

Post by capncrooked »

Edit!!

Thanks to the below post, of Darkish-One, I was reminded that I had left out the meat of what makes this post forum-worthy. Below is my introduction.

Regarding the game, I think it's really great. I've had a lot of fun playing the little bit that I have (So far, only Rin is completed, and I'm part way through Hanako.). The dialogue and content is fantastic, and really makes it difficult to not keep playing. It's one of those games I'd happily squander sleep for to continue and see how it turns out. Similar to a great book or movie. I sincerely applaud the team that worked on it, and hope they come out with something else in the future. I'm sure it'll be just as astounding.

I find a lot of myself in the different characters. It's refreshing to see how they interact. All too often in these games, it seems forced, and purposeful in your goals. In this game, I have honestly been left scratching my head at a few choices I've had to make, which is truly rewarding. I've actually been upset when I pick the "right" choice, only to find out it was detrimental about 2 hours later. GRRR! But that's what makes it awesome.

Kudos to you guys, and I wish you the best on your future endeavors. I'll play them for sure!

=========================

I hate when this happens! I had a whole thing typed out and was ready to submit it, did so, and because it took me so long to type it, was auto-logged out in the background. It almost disheartened me, but I'm really trying to re-write as much as I had, as I think it'll be worth it. Besides, I owe it to myself to try. :)

Silentcook, forgive me. I'm am honestly sorry about that prior post of mine I should have read the rules closer, but I honestly didn't even see that part. Hopefully the length of this intro is more acceptable. :)

To continue from my last thread -
Ladies and gents! My name is Sean. I'm a 29 year old male, tall and thin, with long hair, kick-ass mustache, and 2 different color eyes (nothing major, one is hazel, the other is dark brown). I'm also married, but more on that later.

When I was growing up, and throughout high school, I was an awkward kid. I could get along with pretty much everyone, but rarely did I have any close friends (to this day, I have 2). Acquaintances, sure, but not best friends. I was also really nervous around girls. Sure, I could talk with them, and be friends; even flirt, but it would never amount to anything more than that. Besides, I'm terrible when it comes to picking up on if someone is flirting. You've pretty much gotta come out and say it for me to catch a hint.

Side note - You'll notice me go off topic a lot. It's a constant issue I have, as I have a bad memory for stuff, and if I don't write it down, I'll forget it. That, coupled with how I type like I talk, leads to a crazy mix of stuff that I hope you can make sense of. Quite often my train will derail, and I'll have to ask about what we were talking about before my tangent. Luckily, this is a forum, and everything said prior to that is able to be read! Makes it a lot easier to keep track...

So, back to the story...
I don't start dating until I'm about 20. Not because I didn't want to, but because I didn't have the courage to ask. I was so petrified of rejection, that the possibility of a yes never outweighed it. I was pretty jealous of my friends that were in relationships. Luckily enough, I had the internet in my corner (is that lucky?). I was able to be a lot more relaxed online, and much more honest with my feelings.

I was always into chatting, and liked my prior stuff on forums, so I started to join websites that would help me interact with people. I started with RateMyFace.com. It was similar to HotOrNot. The cool thing was, you got to leave comments, and they had a chat room. I began making friend by just commenting on things other people were saying. I gradually left that site, and slowly went back to being a loner in real life. It sucked, but more opportunities soon followed.

I ended up going on a few dates by chance. One happened because I was so drunk I agreed to go on a date. That was awkward, to say the least. I end up getting the girls number from a friend of hers, as she's too shy to ask (she later cheated on me, so I doubt she was as shy as she lead on then), I agree to it, and I'm too trashed to remember what she looks like. I just remember brown hair. Maybe glasses. We start hanging out and talking (I'm sober now! It was a few days later.) and it develops into a relationship. Notice I didn't say good or bad?

I've joined myspace by this point, and am still trying to not stagnate in my loneliness. Having a girlfriend is one thing, but it's nice to get out of the house with friends, and not have to be with family or a girlfriend. Everyone needs their "me" time. :) The girl and I eventually break up. I'm still hanging around online and have started making friends. Eventually, a girl messages me. She starts talking to me, and comments on my long hair and tattoos. I appreciate the music and movies she lists on her profile, and we start talking.

I'm in college working on my BS degree, which is mainly comprised of night classes. She works during the day, so it's hard to plan anything. This is good, as it take s a while to plan anything, and lets us talk and get to know each other more. A few weeks go by, and we decide to go out to dinner. We choose IHOP, as it's the only place close that's open. I pick her up and we head there around 8pm. I planned to have her home around 9 or 10, depending on how things went. We hang out till about 7am. :)

Admittedly, it was in an IHOP, but it could have been worse. We hit it off really well, and go on a few more dates. About a year later, we've moved into our first place together. A year after that we get married. That was 4 years ago. :)

Fun info about my relationship with my wife. 2 months after we get married, she's in a pretty serious car accident. She broke her femur, and tore her ACL. It's pretty bad, and she's in the hospital for almost 2 months. A month after she gets out, I have the pleasure of dislocating my knee! Awesome! My wife and I have been together 2 and a half years at that point, and have run the gamut of rough patches any couple should have had to go through, and have seen each other at our worst (purely regarding being at our most unable to do anything for ourselves, and having to depend on the other for everything). I suppose that since there wasn't time to get pissed over how she squeezed the toothpaste tube, or how I hung the toilet paper, we inadvertently and through no desire of our own, bypassed a lot of the more treacherous landmines and went straight for the cartoonish stack of dynamite. :)

I've matured enough now to where I'm not bothered by the me I was before. I find it important to take that kinda stuff (I'd use a stronger word, but I'm not sure if you're allowed to swear here yet or not) in stride, because everything develops you into the person you are today. Tomorrow, you'll be someone new, due to the new experiences you've had.

Extra attributes!
1) I stutter. It's irritating as hell to me, because it's embarrassing. I don't do it often, but it happens frequently enough to piss me off. It feels as though my brain is thinking faster than my mouth can talk. Sometimes it's bad enough to where I get hung up on a word and have to "porky pig" it out by changing it to a different word so I can continue with my train of thought. It's weird, but I've come to accept it as just another thing that makes me who I am. :) I've gotta take the good with the bad.
2) I really like music. Pretty much anything is cool by me. I have some turntables I toy with, and some software on my computer I occasionally use when the mood strikes me. If you'd like to talk, then I'm game for it. Besides, we may expose each other to new stuff, which is always cool. :)
3) I'm good with computers. Between myself and 4 other guys, we support close to, if not over 6000 computers. Mind you, they're not always breaking at the same time, so it's less cool than the number would lead you to believe. If you need any help though, don't hesitate to ask. I'm always up for a challenge, and enjoy helping others.
4) I like anime. A lot. I've been into it for a while. I'll watch just about anything, and have as varied taste in movies and tv shows as I do music, but I'm a sucker for a funny animation of just about anything. "I am a banana!"
4.5) I also like cons. I've even dressed up (I make a pretty good Dr. Faust from Guilty Gear), but I really just like to people watch and see new things.
5) Horribly dubbed martial arts movies are a passion of mine. I have well over 100 and counting. I really like the choreographed stunts, and honestly, the stories. Even though a lot of them seem to be about avenging the fallen master/dojo/friend, the way they achieve that goal always seems unique, and it's really interesting to me.
6) Zombies! Gotta love them. :)
7) I may come off as a total cocky know-it-all, but I'm not. It's an honest fault of my reckless abandon of sometimes not thinking before I speak. It usually makes me feel bad, so let me know if I ever do anything to offend you.

Regarding my previous post:
Morello wrote:Whats up, dude? Are you new to forums in general?
Nope! I actually started in my teens. I was an admin on the Dragid forums. That was pretty cool, and I'd done it for a number of years.

That's why I'm apologetic towards Silentcook. I should have known better, but I got overly excited about posting. :) It's been a little while.

Again, thanks to all who read my previous thread and commented. Some of the same people may read this one as well, which is cool, as I hope it gives you a better understanding into what makes me tick. :)

I look forward to making friends. Please, feel free to ask me anything. I'll upload a pic later, as it's late here, and I tried to make best of the post I'd created earlier.
Last edited by capncrooked on Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darkish-One

Re: Sean here. I got excited before. Long post is long. :)

Post by Darkish-One »

Isn't this just anothe self into thread? ._.
capncrooked

Post by capncrooked »

Looks like I left out the most important stuff! Please forgive me. I'm working off 4 hours of sleep after a long day at work.

Yes the above was an introduction, but it was supposed to contain the stuff I'd written up regarding the game itself. As I'd had to retype it, I went with what I remembered and completely forgot to tack that on there, so I hope this can pass as an addendum to it.

I have made the corrections above, and hope this is within the guidelines.
Fronzel

Post by Fronzel »

Sure is attention whore in here.
capncrooked

Post by capncrooked »

Fronzel wrote:Sure is attention whore in here.
Not quite sure how to take that, outside of it being a jab at my post. It wasn't intended to come off attention whorish in any way. I just had some things to get off my chest, and felt like this may be an accepting place where I could do that. If I was wrong, then I apologize. It was important for me to stay inside the rules, which I hope I have, even with the extra info about me.

Thanks for the feedback.
Valtameri

Post by Valtameri »

Nice story there. And welcome to the forums! Feel free to poke me with PM/MSN if you ever find yourself in short of peoples to chat with.
It sits in silence
Eats away at me
It feeds like cancer