Am I the only one who understands Rin almost perfectly?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Do you understand Rin?

Yes
56%
No
44%

Total votes: 111

iamjagman

Am I the only one who understands Rin almost perfectly?

Post by iamjagman »

Honestly, even though the other characters are always lost to what she means, it's always seemed fairly obvious to me. How many other people are (honestly) like this? Am I alone in this, or does everyone understand? Mostly asking this out of curiosity.
Bringerof_D

Re: Am I the only one who understands Rin almost perfectly?

Post by Bringerof_D »

to be perfectly honest she's not that hard to understand. though if she were real i bet it would be much harder. the problem here is with the fact that the person writing her character isn't strange and philosophical like her nor does the writer understand that stuff him or herself. thus the included material is still fairly mundane. After all one person's philosophical outlook cannot simply be made up. it's something you develop as you live.
~Hello there Kenji, I'm a psychic spy. But dont worry, I know what you're thinking. It wont hurt at all...~
Drake

Post by Drake »

Takes awhile to get into her wavelength, but once you do..

Would be interesting to meet someone like her for real, the Da Vinci Code maybe easier to crack.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Did you make this poll like a trap intentionally?
'Cause when you read only the topic title and not the actual poll question you'll answer exactly the oposite thing from what you intended...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
ardiel

Post by ardiel »

Now you've got me wondering how many yeses are nos and how many nos are yeses. :shock:

Mine was a yes. To the right question.
capncrooked

Post by capncrooked »

It took me a minute, but I see the two ways to look at it now.

I automatically assumed the op meant "Am I (the person coming up with this question) the only one who understands her perfectly?", which I assume was the correct assumption, but you could assume the question is about you (the person answering the question) and answer it that way. :)

It's still a good question. If there was a maybe, I'd have selected that one, as she's definitely a difficult nut to crack. I was playing through the game and without going for her, ended up in her story arc, which I thought was very interesting. I ended up getting the good ending right off the bat, and that was just by me answering the questions honestly, as to what I'd do if I was in that situation. The outcome was totally rewarding for me, and I felt as though I had a deeper understanding of a majority of the people involved, just based on how the story played out.

To loop back around to the original question, No. I don't think you're the only one to understand her. But you may understand her better than I do. :) She was so frustrating!
ardiel

Post by ardiel »

capncrooked wrote:It took me a minute, but I see the two ways to look at it now.

I automatically assumed the op meant "Am I (the person coming up with this question) the only one who understands her perfectly?", which I assume was the correct assumption, but you could assume the question is about you (the person answering the question) and answer it that way. :)

It's still a good question. If there was a maybe, I'd have selected that one, as she's definitely a difficult nut to crack. I was playing through the game and without going for her, ended up in her story arc, which I thought was very interesting. I ended up getting the good ending right off the bat, and that was just by me answering the questions honestly, as to what I'd do if I was in that situation. The outcome was totally rewarding for me, and I felt as though I had a deeper understanding of a majority of the people involved, just based on how the story played out.

To loop back around to the original question, No. I don't think you're the only one to understand her. But you may understand her better than I do. :) She was so frustrating!
Haha it's a bit of a puzzle actually. The question in the title is "Am I the only one who understands Rin almost perfectly?" but the question in the poll is "Do you understand Rin?" so if you answer 'yes' on the poll, it would logically be a 'no' to the question of the title, and if you answer 'no' on the poll, it neither confirms nor refutes the question of the title, since even if you don't understand, somebody somewhere might.
capncrooked

Post by capncrooked »

ardiel wrote:Haha it's a bit of a puzzle actually. The question in the title is "Am I the only one who understands Rin almost perfectly?" but the question in the poll is "Do you understand Rin?" so if you answer 'yes' on the poll, it would logically be a 'no' to the question of the title, and if you answer 'no' on the poll, it neither confirms nor refutes the question of the title, since even if you don't understand, somebody somewhere might.
Good lord! I didn't even catch that. :) How funny! I suppose that's what 4 hours of sleep'll do to you.

Considering the question is about Rin, I'd still answer Maybe. :)
KaneTaker

Post by KaneTaker »

I was big in art in high school...so no issues for me. She reminds me of a lot of folks I knew then. LOL
Astrid

Post by Astrid »

I understand Rin. I don't have the same ways of expressing myself as she does, but I understand what she's trying to say and I feel as if I know how she feels.
iamjagman

Post by iamjagman »

o.O Sorry guys, didn't even realize I did that haha. I think the trick is to look at the poll question and not the title or post though.
ziamatt

Post by ziamatt »

I don't think Rin is difficult to understand. I think she's more random than anything. She says whatever comes to mind, even if it's only tangentially related to the conversation and seems to be less linear. It's not hard to understand her for the mosy part if you just follow along. Following along with Rin does sometimes take a degree of circular thinking though.
Kai

Post by Kai »

There were times where I had a hard time understanding her. I am an art student and I could easily relate to her struggle with art and trying to come up with something good, and not being able to force herself to do it, and wanting to express herself in a unique way. I have a lot of trouble just expressing how I feel, often striking others as aloof or cynical or mean. So I understood that much.

As far as she liking Hisao and not being able to properly give into her emotions, THAT I did not understand at the time. When she was trying to destroy herself, I would have thought she would eventually decide to have sex with him right there at the studio, not because Hisao walked in while she was...already getting started, but because if she felt something for Hisao, I figured there was no better way to be overwhelmed by emotions and trying something new and good. I would think it would be inspiring. I mean, better than smoking, right?

But...I guess I try to understand Hisao better since we're all looking at the world through his eyes and I tend to be biased. SO I did get frustrated and angry...at the same time he did with her. She wanted to keep him around but she didn't dare make a move. That's fine but, where was that going?!

Anyway, would that had been me, I would have waited. What I'm trying to say is I understood both Hisao and Rin. But Rin kinda confused me at times. I knew she was being cryptic for a reason and I could almost guess what it was. So...I'd say 50/50. Hey, I did get her good ending on my very first try. And I wasn't even trying to go after her; I was trying to go for Shizune! So that oughta say something.
sporkaganza

Post by sporkaganza »

You probably don't understand her as well as you think you do. I imagine Aura is the only one who really can.