Am I the only one that enjoyed Shizune's route?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Pl4t0

Re: Am I the only one that enjoyed Shizune's route?

Post by Pl4t0 »

themocaw wrote:
Zig_Zac wrote:Did anyone here think it was a little dull how Hiaso asked Shizune out, and her response?
I thought it was really sweet.

I did think it was really dull how there was no follow up to it.
Agreed, I liked it :)
danyo

Post by danyo »

Even though I liked the shizune route in general, I don't really like the kind of person shizune is, wich made this route the least favorite of mine. That doesn't take away the route itself was well written and enjoyable though.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Pl4t0 wrote:
themocaw wrote:
Zig_Zac wrote:Did anyone here think it was a little dull how Hiaso asked Shizune out, and her response?
I thought it was really sweet.

I did think it was really dull how there was no follow up to it.
Agreed, I liked it :)
Personally, considering it took place around Tanabata festival (which is months after the Act I festival...probably 3-4) and the coming summer holiday, I'd say both Hisao and Shizune has been spending a great deal amount of time learning to understand each other. Hisao significantly improves his sign language (allowing him to communicate with her) and I dare say the two of them spend more time with each more than what I think I knew considering the pattern of Misha's absences from the Student Council. There's more going on behind the scenes between them, but we just missed it.

I prefer the 'Misha-plays-cupid' theory, which then leads to the point about Shizune telling Misha how she feels about Hisao one time or another. Considering how much Misha cared for Shizune, I wouldn't be surprised if she purposely post an absence on some of the council's busiest day so the two of them can get a lot closer. Of course, this means she also has to bite the bullet the in the end (this hurts a lot more in later chapter when she felt like she was left out, but still continued her support for the two of them)
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Titus

Post by Titus »

DeleV wrote:
Titus wrote:Before, Hisao said (technically what the writer says then) that Shizune is like an artist throwing away her completed art, that she treats her life as a series of events that can be separated and put away.
Not everything Hisao said was exactly true. Some of it even showed a stunning lack of insight. Which was obviously written like that on purpose since you wouldn't expect an 18-year-old to really know everything about everything. They just think they do. :wink:
Well hopefully the part of my post you quoted was true, because it makes so much sense to how Shizune acts after a big personal event. Since I'm re reading her path I'm curious to what you said that lacked insight, I have a gut feeling it's mostly in Act 1.
What if life had a soundtrack similar to Katawa Shoujo's ?
Chronopolize

Post by Chronopolize »

Having done Shizune's route last and skipping through the later sections before stopping somewhere in Act 4, what got me to resume where I left off (started skipping) was http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=5361 . It's just endearing like nothing else. It also gives you a much-needed look in the Shizune's personality, which I think may have often left apathetic impression on many people. I think I've heard people say that Shizune's route has more elements which aren't obvious until you replay the arc.
DeleV

Post by DeleV »

Titus wrote:
DeleV wrote:
Titus wrote:Before, Hisao said (technically what the writer says then) that Shizune is like an artist throwing away her completed art, that she treats her life as a series of events that can be separated and put away.
Not everything Hisao said was exactly true. Some of it even showed a stunning lack of insight. Which was obviously written like that on purpose since you wouldn't expect an 18-year-old to really know everything about everything. They just think they do. :wink:
Well hopefully the part of my post you quoted was true, because it makes so much sense to how Shizune acts after a big personal event. Since I'm re reading her path I'm curious to what you said that lacked insight, I have a gut feeling it's mostly in Act 1.
My statement was more general than specific to Shizune's route. In fact it wasn't as bad there as nobody really "needed fixing". In this particular case I think it's a bit more subtle. This particular statement concludes that because Shizune is good at compartmentalising things, that this applies to everything. Since my own personality is similar in that respect, I can identify somewhat. I know from personal experience that there are limits to events that can be compartmentalised. Especially events that are highly emotional will start bleeding into everything you do. This is actually exactly what you see in Shizune's story when you she finds herself unable to deal with Misha. This is proof of a deeper emotional connection that she is unable to shed when convenient. Hisao's monologues often focus on a single aspect of a personality without taking into account the whole of the person. Even if there are no direct consequences like in other paths, I suspect the writers did that to stress that Hisao is only a regular guy without all the experience needed to really get to the heart of the situation he's in.
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

On a side note, I just watched a film titled "Babel". On of the main characters was a Japanese high school student who was deaf/mute. It was interesting seeing someone like that first hand, and what their life is like.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

I think I just became slightly overly cautious in the Shizune's route just from the introduction alone.

Anyone else when reading through her route, talking with Misha (with her asking: "Hisao, do you like me?"), and seeing the intro thinks that Misha actually LIKES Hisao when--apparently--she's into Shizune and not you?
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Pl4t0

Post by Pl4t0 »

A Humbled Fan wrote:On a side note, I just watched a film titled "Babel". On of the main characters was a Japanese high school student who was deaf/mute. It was interesting seeing someone like that first hand, and what their life is like.
Did it shed any particular light on anything specific? Or just in general?
MrJackFrost

Post by MrJackFrost »

Well, I love Shizune's character from the beginning. By "beginning" means since Act 1 era. Strong girl like her never fail to bewitch me. My GF IRL have similar character (not the exact) with her, being very "achievement oriented"; strong; and compassionate So it's like meeting the virtual version of her. ^^ Oh, not to mention Shizune has a very good and cute design. So, it really makes me expect much from her route.

Well, on my first play through in her route, I was disappointed. I mean, the act 1, 2, and first half of Act 3 (before going back from Shizu's house) was good. Although I find the gap between the end of Act 2 and the beginning of Act 3 a little bit disturbing, I still find the story "followable". But after they came back from Shizu's house, suddenly I found that Misha got a problem which looks like it came from nowhere. I thought that at least we could have a little intro to this problem and I thought this route have a serious "flow" problem, but that before I replayed it again.

After I replayed again and read every word in detail, I changed some of my opinion. No one can drastically change in instant, right? ^^ I still find that the "gap" problem a bit disturbing, though. But overall, I find that the story is adorable and I find myself have a crush on Shizu, literally. *blush* How she faced herself (explained during Sneaking Mission and Terminal ) has really touched me, whom just faced mine a couple week a go. If you ask me who out of the 6 girls (Misha included) I want to be the mother of my children, I will answer Shizune. :)
Carpo diem! -- Seize the day!
Pl4t0

Post by Pl4t0 »

MrJackFrost wrote:Well, I love Shizune's character from the beginning. By "beginning" means since Act 1 era. Strong girl like her never fail to bewitch me. My GF IRL have similar character (not the exact) with her, being very "achievement oriented"; strong; and compassionate So it's like meeting the virtual version of her. ^^ Oh, not to mention Shizune has a very good and cute design. So, it really makes me expect much from her route.

Well, on my first play through in her route, I was disappointed. I mean, the act 1, 2, and first half of Act 3 (before going back from Shizu's house) was good. Although I find the gap between the end of Act 2 and the beginning of Act 3 a little bit disturbing, I still find the story "followable". But after they came back from Shizu's house, suddenly I found that Misha got a problem which looks like it came from nowhere. I thought that at least we could have a little intro to this problem and I thought this route have a serious "flow" problem, but that before I replayed it again.

After I replayed again and read every word in detail, I changed some of my opinion. No one can drastically change in instant, right? ^^ I still find that the "gap" problem a bit disturbing, though. But overall, I find that the story is adorable and I find myself have a crush on Shizu, literally. *blush* How she faced herself (explained during Sneaking Mission and Terminal ) has really touched me, whom just faced mine a couple week a go. If you ask me who out of the 6 girls (Misha included) I want to be the mother of my children, I will answer Shizune. :)
Glad to hear it :). I'm not even entirely sure how I would answer that question myself, to be honest, but at least somebody appreciates Shizune that much.

Anyways, yeah - the one really blatant flaw of Shizune's path that really sticks out is just how poorly it flows. The timeline is a bit difficult to figure out.
yipyapper

Post by yipyapper »

Your thread really got some attention. It is still active after over a month!
"OH GAWD MY DRILLS"
...What? Not a real quote? Oh well, it's Yipyapper's quote now.
"Google will rule the world soon. Accept them now before it's too late."
~Yipyapper
KFKenobi

Post by KFKenobi »

Pl4t0 wrote: Anyways, yeah - the one really blatant flaw of Shizune's path that really sticks out is just how poorly it flows. The timeline is a bit difficult to figure out.
The entire VN was in need of a supervising editor to comb everything out. This is just more noticeable in Shizune's arc.
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

KFKenobi wrote:
Pl4t0 wrote: Anyways, yeah - the one really blatant flaw of Shizune's path that really sticks out is just how poorly it flows. The timeline is a bit difficult to figure out.
The entire VN was in need of a supervising editor to comb everything out. This is just more noticeable in Shizune's arc.
A little editing would be nice for the whole VN, but I had no complaints about the flow of it. Like many romance stories, it starts out slow for the characters to grow on you then gets more dramatic later. The Shizune route set up was long, but it was a conflict that needed time to develop since three characters had to undergo significant amounts of characterization (Hisao, Misha, and Shizune) instead of two (Hisao and the Heroine).

While it's my least favorite route, the reasons why are mostly subjective, so I can't argue against the quality of it
Natsuki

Post by Natsuki »

I enjoyed Shizunes route, but there are a couple of things that's I'm not too crazy about.

1- Misha's problems came out of no where, she was cheery one minute and the next, bam. it would be nice if there was some short of hint there even though the problem happened way before Hisao came.

2- Shizune didn't really seem like his girlfriend at all. you would think that she would show some affection to show that she loved him, besides the sex scenes.

3- I wasn't too crazy about the nutreual(sp) ending. the picture was cute though. it also would've been nice if the ending showed them wanting to be together after highschool or something.

Also a side note, I really would've loved a Misha path. Perky people scare me, but I just love Misha. lol.

those are my problems. otherwise I really enjoyed it.
Jikkan ni kaeru no yo! BAKA! BAAKAA!! BAAAAKAAA!!!
Gotta love Misha's "Wahahaha!!" I know I do. Lol.