Am I the only one that enjoyed Shizune's route?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Pl4t0

Re: Am I the only one that enjoyed Shizune's route?

Post by Pl4t0 »

KFKenobi wrote:Now that I write this out, what I'm saying isn't exactly mutually exclusive from what you're saying.
The cool thing is that there's room for pretty much all of the theories we've presented so far, one does not necessarily have to cancel the other out.

Thank you all for your contributions, they have been most stimulating :D
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

I agree with Delev, that's more or less how I see it.
Acerus

Post by Acerus »

quellsnarg wrote:
Titus wrote:
DeleV wrote:First Misha cuts her hair. The symbolism of this is a whole separate discussion.
Arrgh, anyone already discussed this somewhere? All I could think of was that Misha went by her own judgement and cut her hair, disobeying Shizune's wishes. Which is what she never does from what I remember.

Am I right ? :(
That's part of it, but cutting your hair is a symbol in Japanese culture (IIRC) of trying to get over a failed romance.
But Misha already cut her hair once before, during the scene on the roof during Shizune's Act 4 when Misha is telling Hisao about the time she confessed her feelings to Shizune, there's a flashback to the two of them sitting in the student council room at the time Misha was telling Shizune how she really felt, and in that CG Misha still had her long brunette hairstyle, which means she cut it, styled it and dyed it pink some time after she was rejected.
Completion: 100%

Lilly:       Completed
Emi:        Completed
Hanako:  Completed
Shizune: Completed
Rin:         Completed
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

But Misha already cut her hair once before, during the scene on the roof during Shizune's Act 4 when Misha is telling Hisao about the time she confessed her feelings to Shizune, there's a flashback to the two of them sitting in the student council room at the time Misha was telling Shizune how she really felt, and in that CG Misha still had her long brunette hairstyle, which means she cut it, styled it and dyed it pink some time after she was rejected.
she restyled her hair back then, probably so she could gain more attention from Shizune. Act III, however, is when she cut it short and cutting it short is the symbol of 'starting anew' over a failed romance.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Zig_Zac

Post by Zig_Zac »

Megumeru wrote:
she restyled her hair back then, probably so she could gain more attention from Shizune. Act III, however, is when she cut it short and cutting it short is the symbol of 'starting anew' over a failed romance.
I guess she finally gave up on chasing Shizune after she saw the relationship between Hiaso and Shizune growing rapidly...

But then why did she want to sleep with Hiaso? Just to be close to somebody?
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

Zig_Zac wrote:But then why did she want to sleep with Hiaso? Just to be close to somebody?
Remember the rock paper scissors scene? Shizune and Hisao are getting into an RPS duel over veal bread, and Misha tries to join in, only to have Shizune tell her to stay out of it?

Misha wants in on this thing Shizune and Hisao have going. She doesn't want to be left out. . . but she's not in love with Hisao, and she only realizes that after they go past the point of no return.
Otakumon

Post by Otakumon »

themocaw wrote:
Zig_Zac wrote:But then why did she want to sleep with Hiaso? Just to be close to somebody?
Remember the rock paper scissors scene? Shizune and Hisao are getting into an RPS duel over veal bread, and Misha tries to join in, only to have Shizune tell her to stay out of it?

Misha wants in on this thing Shizune and Hisao have going. She doesn't want to be left out. . . but she's not in love with Hisao, and she only realizes that after they go past the point of no return.
Hisao is her only other friend so she feels he is the only one she can turn to.
GamerJM

Post by GamerJM »

I enjoyed Shizune's route, but then again, I loved every route. It did definitely drag on too long, but I felt like the relationship between her and Hisao was realistic enough. The supporting cast in the route was pretty fantastic, if that means anything.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Zig_Zac wrote:
Megumeru wrote:
I guess she finally gave up on chasing Shizune after she saw the relationship between Hiaso and Shizune growing rapidly...

But then why did she want to sleep with Hiaso? Just to be close to somebody?
This is how I see it. Remember somewhere along the line in her arc shizune mentioned that 'action speaks louder than words'? Her first scene is something like his 'reward' for his dedication and perseverance to put up the day without her and her ass-hat-of-a-dad while keeping her brother entertained (or at least accompanied). She bought him a t-shirt during her outing with Misha nonetheless, showing that she still cares. When she sees that is not enough (or she feels it is not enough considering most of their time alone were constantly interrupted by Misha, Hideaki, or her-ass-hat-of-a-father), she feels the need for them to spend more time together alone. Thus, without words (and by tying up Hisao, preventing him from saying anything back to her), it is her way of expressing love to him; or a way to say 'I love you'.

Being mute deaf means Shizune is amongst the hardest to understand (second to Rin. Never question Rin-tin-TIN). You just have to see and understand that her entire actions are her means and way to communicate with Hisao and her style of expressing her love and dedication to him. Words never suit her
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Zig_Zac

Post by Zig_Zac »

Got it ya'll... thanks.. :)
yipyapper

Post by yipyapper »

GamerJM wrote:I enjoyed Shizune's route, but then again, I loved every route. It did definitely drag on too long, but I felt like the relationship between her and Hisao was realistic enough. The supporting cast in the route was pretty fantastic, if that means anything.
It felt mostly realistic, that is until they seemed to be going slow then they suddenly have sex. Well, I guess that's how most things work out in real life, but then they go slow again afterwards.
"OH GAWD MY DRILLS"
...What? Not a real quote? Oh well, it's Yipyapper's quote now.
"Google will rule the world soon. Accept them now before it's too late."
~Yipyapper
GamerJM

Post by GamerJM »

yipyapper wrote:
GamerJM wrote:I enjoyed Shizune's route, but then again, I loved every route. It did definitely drag on too long, but I felt like the relationship between her and Hisao was realistic enough. The supporting cast in the route was pretty fantastic, if that means anything.
It felt mostly realistic, that is until they seemed to be going slow then they suddenly have sex. Well, I guess that's how most things work out in real life, but then they go slow again afterwards.
This is the complaint I hear a lot, but for some reason I was under the impression that there was some more romance going on that just wasn't being shown in-game.
SliverGod

Post by SliverGod »

Shizune was interesting, and in terms of character design was the one that caught my eye the quickest. But I felt I didnt really have a say in how the story played out.
"The question isnt 'Who is going to let me?' The question is 'Who is going to stop me?'"
Titus

Post by Titus »

SliverGod wrote:Shizune was interesting, and in terms of character design was the one that caught my eye the quickest. But I felt I didnt really have a say in how the story played out.
Some people say that's because Shizune is the one in control the entire time in the story except for the parts when she's not there. Minus that time when Hisao managed to get in with her in the trip back to her home in Saitama.

As for the thread: Shizune likes Hisao, Hisao confessed to Shizune but she didn't return that. All we got was "I like you". Let me guess, saying "I love you" back makes Shizune feel like she's not in control of her emotions?
What if life had a soundtrack similar to Katawa Shoujo's ?
Zig_Zac

Post by Zig_Zac »

Titus wrote:
SliverGod wrote:Shizune was interesting, and in terms of character design was the one that caught my eye the quickest. But I felt I didnt really have a say in how the story played out.
Some people say that's because Shizune is the one in control the entire time in the story except for the parts when she's not there. Minus that time when Hisao managed to get in with her in the trip back to her home in Saitama.

As for the thread: Shizune likes Hisao, Hisao confessed to Shizune but she didn't return that. All we got was "I like you". Let me guess, saying "I love you" back makes Shizune feel like she's not in control of her emotions?
Isn't to truly love someone, to give yourself over to them? I don't think Shizune is the type of girl to give herself to anyone...