Why are Misha's thigh's so fat?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Thrasher Thetic

Re: Why are Misha's thigh's so fat?

Post by Thrasher Thetic »

Bah she looks fine. No she doesn't have uber muscles. No she is not super fat.
The only difference between theory and reality is that in theory there is no difference, but in reality there is.
Otakumon

Post by Otakumon »

Chronopolize wrote:shiiiit, at least warn people its nsfw. That isn't immediately obvious with just spoilers.
You're not supposed to be browsing through message boards while at work anyway. No wonder the economy is in the tank. :mrgreen:
Fishpick

Post by Fishpick »

Synthus wrote:
Fishpick wrote:She's not fat. She's not even chubby. She's thinner than me, and I still fit within the normal weight range. She's also thinner than every girl I've dated. She's perfectly healthy.

And to those who have argued that prejudice towards overweight individuals is somehow more justifiable than those with physical disabilities, think of it this way. Some people are more biologically prone to gain weight than others. However, with enough effort, everyone can be thin. This is true. But it is harder for some than others. I can fit within the normal weight range pretty easily, despite not having a healthy diet at all. While others eat healthier than me, yet are overweight. I also get very little exercise.

However, plenty of physical disabilities are developed entirely after birth. Take my uncle for example who's in a wheel chair. He got into a car accident just after getting his license. Which he managed to trick them into giving him at the age of 15. Therefore, he should not have been driving. He was speeding, and his car did not have any breaks. He spent the rest of his life in a wheel chair. Was it his fault? Kinda. Does that make it more justifiable to blame him and discriminate against him for it? No. People make mistakes. Respect them anyway.

Weight is hard to lose once it piles on. And even if it might have been their fault for getting there in the first place, you still don't have the right to talk down to them about it. Treat everyone with the same respect and tolerance.
First off, weight isn't representative of health or body composition. There's a reason the term 'skinny fat' exists. I'm not fond of that either, but these people are less of a burden on public health systems and don't tend to stick out quite as much.

What I was addressing with my posts is the capacity for change. Accepting that you need to is the first step, and the sad thing is that many people have been deluded into thinking that it's perfectly acceptable to be obese with enabling advertisement campaigns. Having a mediocre starting hand dealt to you by life doesn't mean you can't win, it just means that you have to make up for it though smarts and work. By your logic, poor and driven people should be content with less financial success than monied heirs because they were in an inferior starting position. :?

Your uncle has no ability to grow a pair of new legs. He lost his legs in an accident, to shit beyond his control. He didn't shave off slices day by day with the full knowledge that he was going to cripple himself.

Fat people have it within themselves to lose weight and become healthier. They didn't get there by fucking up all at once, they got there by gradual accumulation of an extra tub here and a third serving there.

At its core, maintaining a healthy and trim body* is basic self-respect. If you don't respect yourself, I'm hard-pressed to see why I should bother. And why should I give a toss about attempts to justify it to others with unmitigated nonsense like the excuses on this image?

I don't discriminate against the fat, I discriminate against the apathetic. There's a difference here. People who've fucked up deserve a fair go at getting it right. I have fat (actually morbidly obese) friends who've taken the first steps towards fitness and health, and I applaud them for it. It's those who're content with being fat and unhealthy and expect society to swallow their self-congratulatory claptrap that I'm generally not too fond of.

*with the caveat that different body types have different optimal compositions for health and fitness
I understand what you're saying. But no one should discriminate against anyone for something that isn't hurting anyone but themselves. It's their choice. If they're overweight and choose to accept themselves as they are and not work to lose it, then who are we to judge? It's their life. It's their choice. And your financial analogy is a poor one, considering it's even more difficult to move up from a financially poor background than it is to lose weight. I've actually worked with professors who have done a lot of research in that area, but the reasons for that being difficult are irrelevant anyway.

My point, and my entire philosophy on life, is that as long as you aren't hurting anyone else you're free to make your own decisions. Yes, I'll work to persuade those close to me from making self-destructive decisions, but I won't view them any differently for it. You're making it sound like they're somehow inferior now because of those decisions. Which isn't true. Not everyone sees being healthy or thin as a priority. And everyone has their own reasons for that. And no one has the right to condemn them.
Synthus

Post by Synthus »

If they're free to abuse themselves in that manner, I'm also free to be hacked off at them for being ignorant, lazy or apathetic. The sword cuts both ways.

You clearly understand what I was trying to get at, and that's enough for me. I wasn't trying to construct a particularly robust analogy.

My entire point is that they aren't inferior because of those decisions. They're inferior for trying to delude themselves that the path said decisions planted them on is acceptable.

I'm perfectly fine with fat people who've manned the fuck up and are taking action to become better physical specimens, because they've accepted the reality and are working to change it. Whether those actions are effective is the subject of a separate rage-filled rant. What I'm not ok with is fat people citing stupid excuses for their current state.

Whatever spin you try to put on it, weighing twice as much as you should because of indolence and excess (or having more fat mass than muscle mass) clearly indicates that something is seriously fucked with your lifestyle. And no, it isn't just their problem, obesity is a growing public health issue in the developed world, and this condescending tolerance of something that's clearly unacceptable is simply going to exacerbate the problem. Fat propaganda is already doing enough to bullshit people into impotency, we don't need this nonsense to be incorporated into our cultures.

That's my take on the issue, and you're free to disagree with it or think less of me for it. All I ask is that you consider it earnestly and set aside the reflexive PCness while you do so.
Thrasher Thetic

Post by Thrasher Thetic »

I'll say this once. F*ck the public health issue.

Government shouldn't be taking responsibility for everyones health, somewhere you have to be personally responsible or you might as well be living in the gulag.
The only difference between theory and reality is that in theory there is no difference, but in reality there is.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I don't think there's a government in the world that forces their population to work out or forbids MacDonalds... Oh wait, North Korea might do the latter...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Tachikoma

Post by Tachikoma »

Re. Misha's figure, I don't see what the big deal is? Looks fairly normal to me, particularly when you look at her legs in other scenes when standing up. It's hard to gauge, considering we're dealing with drawn characters... I think Misha's figure seems to be an average build in a "real world" context. The rest of the girls would seem somewhat borderline underweight in comparison, which is not particularly healthy, in my opinion. Rin would he the unhealthiest from the lot.

Just look at some of the Rio Carnival girls; you won't see many with rib cages exposed like some of the Hollywood inspired models would be. Rio girls got some proper meat on them (and know how to shake it, too) and they just look fitter. I see Misha in that category. More sexually attractive in my books. ;)
shaftslammer

Post by shaftslammer »

Fishpick wrote:
I understand what you're saying. But no one should discriminate against anyone for something that isn't hurting anyone but themselves. It's their choice. If they're overweight and choose to accept themselves as they are and not work to lose it, then who are we to judge? It's their life. It's their choice. And your financial analogy is a poor one, considering it's even more difficult to move up from a financially poor background than it is to lose weight. I've actually worked with professors who have done a lot of research in that area, but the reasons for that being difficult are irrelevant anyway.

My point, and my entire philosophy on life, is that as long as you aren't hurting anyone else you're free to make your own decisions. Yes, I'll work to persuade those close to me from making self-destructive decisions, but I won't view them any differently for it. You're making it sound like they're somehow inferior now because of those decisions. Which isn't true. Not everyone sees being healthy or thin as a priority. And everyone has their own reasons for that. And no one has the right to condemn them.
Sorry Kiddo. We humans are social creatures. Unless you spend your days as a light-fearing basement dweller who never has human contact, every interaction you have with others affects them in someway, shape or form. Just because you didn't hurt them physically and there's no law against it, doesn't mean you didn't inadvertently eye rape them and ruin their day. Even now, as i sit in this McDonald's hungry as a beast, there's some fat-ass munching on his 6th Big Mac and told me "I don't have a dollar" 3 Big Macs ago. That had a negative effect on my day.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I don't think she's fat at all. She just has a thicker body type than most of the other characters. Some people are just naturally broader than others. It has nothing to do with how much they eat or don't eat.
Not Dead Yet
Mysterious Stranger

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

IFleiming wrote:Well Guys I also many times thought About it like Really she had Extra ordinary Fat thighs and before this i tried to ask this Question in a forum and I couldn't got any strong Answer.
I already gave the correct answer. It's the parfaits, people, the parfaits.
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Thrasher Thetic wrote:I'll say this once. F*ck the public health issue.

Government shouldn't be taking responsibility for everyones health, somewhere you have to be personally responsible or you might as well be living in the gulag.
Dude, grow up, there is a world of difference between these two things. Anyway, health is a public issue as well. People are generally irresponsible and that can affect public at large. Case in point: vaccination.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
Paddy

Post by Paddy »

Bix wrote:I personally find women with a healthier body to be attractive, Misha might have a bit of fat, but that does not make her ugly. Fat does not HAVE to be ugly.
Amen, amen. I like women to look like women, not like track runners or overgrown teenage boys. What's with this crap about being thin? Yes, we need to be healthy, but the Good Lord did not make womankind to be living skeletons! :x

Misha's perfectly fine physically speaking, other issues aside for the moment.
Titus

Post by Titus »

She's not fat.

For her height her weight is normal, or depending on the amount of different sources you use, off by 1-3 pounds (holy crap imperial system).
What if life had a soundtrack similar to Katawa Shoujo's ?
Izzy_t/r

Post by Izzy_t/r »

This is my personal opinion, I like a woman who has some meat on her bones instead of being women with nothing but skin and bones at all. People shouldn't be concerned about their look and be comfortable in their own skin.
Shut up heart! Since when I ever listen to you anyways? .......HHNNNGGG!!!!
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

Izzy_t/r wrote:This is my personal opinion, I like a woman who has some meat on her bones instead of being women with nothing but skin and bones at all. People shouldn't be concerned about their look and be comfortable in their own skin.
There's this saying in my country: "He's talking sense, pour him another one!" Anyway bro-foot man.