If you could bully Hanako in the game...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Guest Poster

Re: If you could bully Hanako in the game...

Post by Guest Poster »

I get that opposites attract sometimes, but I'm not sure if there's much common ground between the two. Miki is loud, extraverted, athletic, boyish and doesn't seem like the type to ever touch a book unless an exam's around the corner. Hanako is quiet, introverted, non-athletic, girly and bookish. Seeing how little they have in common, I'm not how well they'd go together.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Guest Poster wrote:I get that opposites attract sometimes, but I'm not sure if there's much common ground between the two. Miki is loud, extraverted, athletic, boyish and doesn't seem like the type to ever touch a book unless an exam's around the corner. Hanako is quiet, introverted, non-athletic, girly and bookish. Seeing how little they have in common, I'm not how well they'd go together.
I suppose anythings possible, if they decided to go with the hero worship angle. Hanako admiring Miki for her outgoing personality. I think Miki and Emi would be a more likely match though.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Dream

Post by Dream »

I think a fan-fic focused on a friendship between Emi and Hanako would be very interesting, i have a feeling that they would both have a very strong and positive influence on each other.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Dream wrote:I think a fan-fic focused on a friendship between Emi and Hanako would be very interesting, i have a feeling that they would both have a very strong and positive influence on each other.
Speaking of fanfic... Ahem.

(You may notice a theme in the adjectives...)
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Dream wrote:I think a fan-fic focused on a friendship between Emi and Hanako would be very interesting, i have a feeling that they would both have a very strong and positive influence on each other.
"Hanako, I think I need some exercise in the morning. How about running on the school track before school starts?"
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I suppose anythings possible, if they decided to go with the hero worship angle. Hanako admiring Miki for her outgoing personality. I think Miki and Emi would be a more likely match though.
Personally, I'm not so sure whether Hanako actually admires an outgoing attitude. I've always had Hanako pegged as a Yamato Nadeshiko lite. I think Hanako has always been a bit soft-spoken, even before her accident. She likes to cook (even if she fails from time to time) and during her later years at the orphanage, she occasionally helped out with the care of the younger children there. That and the way she addressed her dolls hint at a concealed but strong motherly streak. If there's a person Hanako looks up to and would like to be like herself, it'd probably be the confident-yet-gentle Lilly rather than the confident-yet-boisterous Miki.

Emi and Miki probably would be friends if both had desired a friendship...they're both in the same club after all. Emi doesn't start close friendships though and Miki seems to prefer hanging out with boys rather than girls.
I think a fan-fic focused on a friendship between Emi and Hanako would be very interesting, i have a feeling that they would both have a very strong and positive influence on each other.
One of the Hanako epilogues in the fanfic forum used an Emi-Hanako friendship, though I've always felt that the two might be like magnets whose north poles are aimed at each other. Both lost (one or two) parents in an accident that forced them to stay in the hospital for a long time and left them traumatized. But neither likes to talk about it. Unless they'd get extremely close, they probably wouldn't be eager to share their experiences with the other. (Emi and Hanako are hardly unique...I'm sure there are plenty of students at Yamaku who are there as a result of some accident and have picked up baggage as a result) The challenge would be for them to actually get so extremely close since they have little to no shared interests...Emi seems a bit on the book-dumb side and Hanako would rather kill herself than walk around in a short-sleeved shirt and bloomers.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Hanako helps Miki with maths and Miki hangs out for companionship. Plus, trips to the library never hurt anyone.

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Exbando

Post by Exbando »

YZQ wrote:Plus, trips to the library never hurt anyone.
Well, except in Harry Potter.

I can't see Hanako hanging out with anyone that's as outgoing as Emi or Miki. If she were to hang out with someone like that, she would definitely have to do it on her own terms. I think that they would just scare her off.
Hanako > Lilly = Emi > Shizune > Rin
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here
I have a fanfiction! It's pretty bad. I started another fanfic cause I'm stupid!
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Exbando wrote:
YZQ wrote:Plus, trips to the library never hurt anyone.
Well, except in Harry Potter.

I can't see Hanako hanging out with anyone that's as outgoing as Emi or Miki. If she were to hang out with someone like that, she would definitely have to do it on her own terms. I think that they would just scare her off.
Also depends on how perceptive they are. Definitely, they need a moderator (Hisao, most probably) in there somewhere.

pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Totally off topic, but I just wanted to take this opportunity to say, "HAPPY VALENTINES DAY HANAKO!"
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Immediately thought of this.
Attachments
Emi-n-Hanako-by-weee.jpg
Emi-n-Hanako-by-weee.jpg (58.95 KiB) Viewed 3858 times
Last edited by pandaphil on Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dream

Post by Dream »

Xanatos wrote:
Speaking of fanfic... Ahem.

(You may notice a theme in the adjectives...)
Heartman.

The Pig Princess.
I died :lol:

Also, Happy Valentine's day Hanako.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Honestly, this needs to happen. Lilly's gone away, the library's closed for the season, and she's sick of sitting in her room, so Hanako wanders down by the track to have a good cry, and encounters our favorite runner.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Make that "The library is closed due to Kenji causing some damage in his uncovering of the feminist conspiracy." Also, Hisao is on Emi's route, jogging with her.