If you could bully Hanako in the game...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

the_al

Re: If you could bully Hanako in the game...

Post by the_al »

NoOne3 wrote:And the fire of '91 that razed the Bella Vista slum
There was the biggest shit-fight this country's ever seen
Insurance companies ruined, land lords getting sued
All cause of wee girl with a can of gasoline
Those flames really roared when the wind started blowing
La la la la La la la lie
Rich man, poor man, all got to die

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACG9wv69bKU&feature=fvst
Nick Cave FTMFW!
TheKingOfFacade

Post by TheKingOfFacade »

"That blouse is terrible and you should feel bad about it; I can tell by the burn that it's working"
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

Lives like Hanako's are the reason I believe bullies need prison time.
imperial.standard

Post by imperial.standard »

There are many reasons for a bully to start bullying. Some of it were not even conscious.

If we are totally honest about ourselves we may be inadvertently bullying Hanako in one way or another (sometimes unintentionally). Besides she's rather fragile and easy to intimidate in certain situations.

"With words like these, we DON'T CURE patients, we make them INCURABLE"

Saint Peter Canisius, S.J., on polemical attacks against John Calvin & Melanchton
TehIshter

Post by TehIshter »

Darkish-One wrote:You seen Hanakos bad end with how she gets? Hm? That's to a guy being nice to her, turn that anger on someone being mean and you got yourself a pretty messy identifiable body all because someone decided to torment someone who was holding in to much pain and suffering all those years.
ABSOLUTELY THIS, man that bad end. I could almost hear the vibration and bass in her voice... If that's her response to simple nagging, I can't begin to imagine the hell if someone were to bully her.
Sephiru

Post by Sephiru »

C27 wrote:That reminds me- I expected that Hanako would reveal that the fire in her house was started by her playing with matches or something, thus, really her fault after all. A hell of a thing to live with, hmm?
It wasn't exactly ruled out, I think maybe she just didn't want to admit it quite yet. My personal interpretation based on no evidence whatsoever, but the intuition at the time.
I thought the EXACT same thing. But when she said that she likes to cook, I thought maybe that was the reason for it.
Rivan

Post by Rivan »

I think there's a special place in the afterlife for people who think that way.

It isn't pleasant.

Also, the entire point is... pointless. Hanako is both capable of getting VERY angry when pushed too far as well as... Lilly, in short. She'd either notice or be told about it by Hanako herself.

And then... Jailtime!
Progress : Lilly - finished (Good ending), Hanako - finished (good ending), Rin - finished (Good ending), Shizune - finished (Bad ending), Emi - Finished (good ending)

Lilly=Rin > Hanako > Emi=Misha > Shizune
blackmage62

Post by blackmage62 »

I'd probably troll her gently, to get her jimmies rustled and make her tsundere for me. It works like a charm in real life, let me tell you.
Henohenomoheji

Post by Henohenomoheji »

"Hey Hanako, did you know you---"

-sigh- I can't do it. I played Hanako's route for the first time I played the game. -looks down in shame-
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.
- Francis Bacon

Games I am currently playing
Daiteikoku
Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai!
Katawa Shoujo
Deaf Builder

Post by Deaf Builder »

Didn't you inadvertently bully hanako when you weren't on lilly/hanako arc by ignoring her? the whole bystander stuff?
And if you go through hanako's arc doesn't the class sort of bully her during the whole group work session?
That event might even be able to be considered bullying to a certain minimal degree...
F4lk

Post by F4lk »

Deaf Builder wrote:Didn't you inadvertently bully hanako when you weren't on lilly/hanako arc by ignoring her? the whole bystander stuff?
And if you go through hanako's arc doesn't the class sort of bully her during the whole group work session?
That event might even be able to be considered bullying to a certain minimal degree...
I don't think so. Hisao asks several people in his class during the game why all classmates are ignoring Hanako, and it seems that some of them tried to involve her in class activities, but Hanako blocked them off for well known reasons if you have played Hanako's route to the good end. So to me, it doesn't seem like they are ignoring her at all, but they dunno how to deal with her. Even Hisao doesn't know until Hanako's good end, with the only exception that Hanako decides to let him come closer to her than other classmates.

Back to On-Topic: Hanako might be shy, but hell I don't believe she would let anyone bully her. Like mentioned before: If you are nice to her, but for the wrong reasons, she will throw you out of her room in anger and not talk to you any more. I really don' want to know (hm, maybe...) what she will do to someone that tries to bully her.

BTW, I got my own experiences with being bullied back in school. For other a year, some guys continued bugging me. The whole thing ended abruptly when I rose up from my chair in the middle of class, grabbed the guy sitting right behind me (the bully) who throwed some beads of paper on me by his collar, pulled him other his table (with one hand), with his face only inches away from mine, and told him if he wouldnt stop this immediately, I don't know what I will do to him. Guess what, never got bullied again in my whle time in school.

So thats just my experience WITHOUT Hanako's sad background. So dont make her angry ^^
"The reason I feel people are getting such Feels [while playing KS], is that the border between fantasy and reality is thin in this game. It feels real, and when you are done, its like spending a week getting to know someone intimately and then never seeing them again."
- Bix
Ivan The Mouse

Post by Ivan The Mouse »

I dunno, but if my secret asshole self showed up, got a cleaner job at Yamaku and let my mouth run through, I would probably be fired within a day.

To keep in tune with this thread, this what I might do with Hanako.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There, she's waiting at the homeroom for Lilly, when I suddenly I come in, with this frustrated look on my face, pushing a cleaning cart and carrying a mop. Of course, I clean rooms when nobody's around, but the only person here seems to be her, so she needs to leave.

So I look at her, point outside the room and say "Get outta here, I'm cleaning."

If she leaves, good for her, as she might do.

But if she protested, I might block her and say "I said, get the fuck out of this room, I don't fucking care why you're here and I don't want to hear your voice. Now get the fuck out."

As she stands up and leaves the room, I then call her "Fucking baconface."

Ironic, since I finished her route first to the good end, without any walkthrough.
Warning:

This poster is prone to fits of auto-pilot typing, in which he will make posts with butchered grammar and sentence structure without knowing it.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

I might get attack for this one but I think a path in a VN where you can bully a character would be nice, kinda like the Bully games that Rockstar came out with a few years back. That's just me however.
Drake

Post by Drake »

I would enjoy teasing her I think, but not actually bullying her for the sake of hurting her.
Lunar Archivist

Post by Lunar Archivist »

The closest I'd get to raping Hanako in her bedroom would be a surprise tickle or pillow fight. I want to see her laugh and smile more. :D