If you could bully Hanako in the game...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Dream

Re: If you could bully Hanako in the game...

Post by Dream »

YZQ wrote:As you can see from my posts, I see bullying as one possible way for Hanako to stand up for herself by snapping at her bullies.
Aren't there much better, kinder, and more effective ways to do that?
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Dr. Casey

Post by Dr. Casey »

YZQ wrote:As you can see from my posts, I see bullying as one possible way for Hanako to stand up for herself by snapping at her bullies.

You might end up provoking a stronger reaction than you hoped for.
Dream

Post by Dream »

Damn that's pretty awesome/sweet. I think i like Hanako even more now.

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Dream wrote:Damn that's pretty awesome/sweet. I think i like Hanako even more now.
Agreed. XD
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Dream wrote:
Aren't there much better, kinder, and more effective ways to do that?
That's the thing: Better and kinder ways seem to somehow get twisted in her mind as White Knighting. Her mixed signals reception make it darn hard to figure out whether such ways will have their intended effect.

The Jigoku Shoujo reference is. EPIC. Noto Mamiko will make a decent-to-good Hanako. But, more realistically, if Hanako chose to hate, and decided that people should be manipulated like puppets...
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
stateside

Post by stateside »

I doubt I could - I have video games with the option to play good or evil and although I have tried I can never bring myself to embrace the "dark side" - even back in Kotor I could never manage better than neutral.

even being aware that it is only pixels not real people in a video game I can't bring myself to be truly mean for the sake of meanness.

Grand Theft Auto games are different where it is part of the quest or a method to gain health :wink:
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

stateside wrote:I doubt I could - I have video games with the option to play good or evil and although I have tried I can never bring myself to embrace the "dark side" - even back in Kotor I could never manage better than neutral.

even being aware that it is only pixels not real people in a video game I can't bring myself to be truly mean for the sake of meanness.

Grand Theft Auto games are different where it is part of the quest or a method to gain health :wink:
The term for this is "pragmatic villainy". You'll be an evil bastard, but only if you're getting something by doing so (health, progress, etcetera). :lol: Though I don't recall GTA ever giving health for offing hookers...

Just today in Red Dead Redemption, some asshole was trying to get money from me in exchange for information (some random guy's location)...Well, I thought he was kind of an asshole for that. So I found his wife, hogtied her, brought her to him...When he gave up the info (in exchange for bringing his bitchy divorce-ready wife back), I put her up on my horse and took her out to the train tracks on the outskirts of town...And, well...The trophy I got was called "Dastardly". <.< So I'm less a pragmatic villain and more a "If you're an asshole, I'm going to return the favor one-thousand fold". XD (I also once burnt the neighbor's kid alive in The Sims after said neighbor stole my stereo during a party.)
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Dream

Post by Dream »

When my units are fully developed in an Ogre Battle game, they're always on chaotic alignments. Not sure what that says about me.
Just today in Red Dead Redemption, some asshole was trying to get money from me in exchange for information (some random guy's location)...Well, I thought he was kind of an asshole for that. So I found his wife, hogtied her, brought her to him...When he gave up the info (in exchange for bringing his bitchy divorce-ready wife back), I put her up on my horse and took her out to the train tracks on the outskirts of town...And, well...The trophy I got was called "Dastardly". <.< So I'm less a pragmatic villain and more a "If you're an asshole, I'm going to return the favor one-thousand fold". XD (I also once burnt the neighbor's kid alive in The Sims after said neighbor stole my stereo during a party.)
Damn... Remember me never to ask you for money, or to at least hide my wife before doing so :lol:

Also, on topic: If i could, i'm pretty sure i would, at least as an interesting side-story. I don't think i'd want to include in my main route however. And in fact, i think it could be something really nice to explore on her route, considering Hanako's past and the route's themes.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Dream wrote:When my units are fully developed in an Ogre Battle game, they're always on chaotic alignments. Not sure what that says about me.
Damn... Remember me never to ask you for money, or to at least hide my wife before doing so :lol:

Also, on topic: If i could, i'm pretty sure i would, at least as an interesting side-story. I don't think i'd want to include in my main route however. And in fact, i think it could be something really nice to explore on her route, considering Hanako's past and the route's themes.
:lol: Asking for money is fine. Being a bribing ass is not. :P I also tend to rob the guy running the picture house after watching a moving picture. Found this sick chick wasting away in the desert, waiting for "the Lord" to help her. I brought her medicine and she swore it was God who sent me...Now, I like balance, so I figured I'd play the devil's role too...Shot her in the head and took my medicine back. >.> (I do have some ethics though. I don't kill anyone in town...Unless it's self-defense. xD)

And my ongoing Sims project is a basement prison complex I.E. a bunch of exitless cells I trap the neighbors in to watch them lose their minds...The kids like to invent imaginary friends which is neat to watch. Just yesterday, a few died and their ghosts hang out down there. XD

And now I'm thinking of a spinoff where the player is a pre-Yamaku Hanako...Want.
Banryu

Post by Banryu »

Rather off-topic in here, isn't it....?
...On further consideration, perhaps that's for the best.

.......Carry on, gents.
Holy shit how do I practically have 50 posts already
Goddammit KS stop consuming my life
I mean it
Dr. Casey

Post by Dr. Casey »

YZQ wrote:The Jigoku Shoujo reference is. EPIC. Noto Mamiko will make a decent-to-good Hanako. But, more realistically, if Hanako chose to hate, and decided that people should be manipulated like puppets...
Ohh, I didn't know that picture was a reference to anything...

Glad you guys liked the picture. Here's some more angry Katawa Shoujo girls. :lol:

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Dr. Casey wrote:Glad you guys liked the picture. Here's some more angry Katawa Shoujo girls. :lol:
AW! XD
Dream

Post by Dream »

Banryu wrote:Rather off-topic in here, isn't it....?
...On further consideration, perhaps that's for the best.

.......Carry on, gents.
Actually, for me that isn't good. I, for one, would like to see if there can be a conversation about the matter, since i think it has some material worthy of discussion, not just on the sense of BDSM elements, but also a conversation about the views of violence or abuse in a school setting like Yamaku, or how the characters would react or think about it (not about how they would prevent it, as i think it wouldn't be very conducive to the discussion). There are other threads if you want to be all cutie with Hanako or another girl.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Dream wrote:Actually, for me that isn't good. I, for one, would like to see if there can be a conversation about the matter, since i think it has some material worthy of discussion, not just on the sense of BDSM elements, but also a conversation about the views of violence or abuse in a school setting like Yamaku, or how the characters would react or think about it (not about how they would prevent it, as i think it wouldn't be very conducive to the discussion). There are other threads if you want to be all cutie with Hanako or another girl.
Violence happens. That's pretty much my view on it.

Hanako would probably ignore it at the time then cry in her room or go to Lilly.

Lilly would make every attempt to ignore it or brush it off as nothing.

Shizune would go off on whoever was doing it.

Rin...Probably wouldn't give a fuck. What are they gonna do, mock her lack of arms? She can probably pick locks with her feet.

Emi would run...After a few choice words, and maybe kicking them with her running blades.
HarvestmanMan

Post by HarvestmanMan »

Dr. Casey wrote:Awesomeness
I like you.
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2