The "thank you 4LS" thread.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

BadMrFrostii

Re: The "thank you 4LS" thread.

Post by BadMrFrostii »

After seeing this thread, I feel it's my duty as a person to also take the time out to thank 4LS for making such an amazing piece of art.

I never expected myself to get so immersed, and emotionally attached to something like this, but I'm glad I did.
Even though sometimes it makes me sad, other times happy, I love it.
It's so nice to sit down and enjoy it at the end of a hectic day and just enjoy living someone elses virtual life, and reflectively makes me feel better!

Also, I haven't been here long, but I'd also like to give a shout out to the community!
Never have I been on a forums where everyone is so generous.
I haven't been here long, but I've never seen a group of people so civilized with one another over an online forum.
After being so used to trolls, trolls everywhere, it's nice to see people still have common sense.
So, thanks everyone for being so kind. :)
Gouken: "We are like cherry blossoms, Ryu, meant to bloom gloriously, but only for a short time until our season has passed."
Akuma: "But for the weak, that season passes much sooner. For the weak, there is no glory!"
aidanl

Thank you Four Leaf Studios

Post by aidanl »

I cannot thank you guys enough for creating Katawa Shoujo. It has seriously changed my life for the better! A few years back I fractured my spine playing football and I had been in constant pain and depression for several years until I played this game. The Emi path encouraged me to push my limits and work on getting myself into functional condition, and I am glad to say I can now run a mile without pain which is a huge acheivement for me. Rin's path also showed me that I overlooked the fine details in life, and the reason I was depressed was not because of my condition, but rather the fact that it distracted me from the beautiful world around me and in my head. I guess this is not a true discussion, but I had to sincerely give my thanks to everyone at four leaf for truly changing my life. I have finally become a functional human being again thanks to you guys, and I truly cannot thank you enough.

-Aidan
MoogleDee

Post by MoogleDee »

Part of me feels like this thread should be longer, but a lot of the gratitude is spread around other threads so that's okay too, I suppose. Actually in light of knowing that - I want to again thank 4LS not only for Katawa Shoujo, but for having these forums in which an amazing and incredibly supportive community has formed. I end up checking this place for my regular threads at least twice a day now which is more attention than I've given most other forums. There's something special about the people who flock here, and it's because of you guys so... thank you. *bows*
"...in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am."
DavidBrancho

Post by DavidBrancho »

Thank you to all of KS creators..
What you made was something that I won't forget forever.
lml99

Post by lml99 »

From the deepest corner of my heart, I thank you. I'd tear my heart out for you guys. You guys have saved me just a little bit.

I suffer from depression. Secretly. I haven't told anyone else in my life about it, and maybe i never will. Well okay, maybe it's a bit obvious to some, but they don't understand the severity or the reasons. I can't let out my problems with anyone else. Media like this game is how I let my emotions free. These kinds of things are probably the reason I'm still living here the way I am right now. This is how I cope. I don't know if you've realized what you've accomplished, but you've done a great deed. When I play this VN, I see something in myself. I see how others can cope with the pain. I see how these characters thrive despite their obvious adversity. I can see how happiness can blossom in even the most desolate of environments. Even though I'd probably pay if it came down to it, the fact that you guys made something of this quality for nothing in return is also reason for praise. You've saved one soul just a bit. Your game has given me just a little more hope to live on. I sincerely thank you.
formerly athankfulanon
yank4vicios

Just Finished(My thoughts on the game)

Post by yank4vicios »

Just finished katawa shoujo.With Hanako's good ending.It was so emotinal and this game hit me so hard that i just wanted to come here and say something.I just suggested the game for some of my friends.I hope the four leaf studios will make more games or i should say visual novels like this.And if you are here to get a thought about the game.I guess you get it by now.This game almost made me cry.Even dough im a real man.No just joking :). Thank you for your hard work developers.I highly appreciate it.And i'm sure the others do as well.

a note: if you are looking for a playthrough of the game search "Chilled Chaos" or "CriousGamers" on youtube.Chilled and crious gamers are the same person.Criousgamers is only his youtube account name.His real nickname is Chilled Chaos or Chilled.Anyways thanks for reading my thoughts about the game. Thank you 4 leaf studios^^
Shanattah

Post by Shanattah »

I've just spent 2 days straight playing the Emi route and the Hanako route and I must say this game has touched me deepily on several levels. So thank you 4LS for creating this game and putting the effort into the story
blindsight

A sorta long thank you

Post by blindsight »

I would just like to give this game and everyone involved in it my deepest thanks.

I used to think I was immune to emotions. For the past decade, I've lived as a husk; I went through the rituals of daily life, I put on my mask when around others, but in the end, I had nothing I felt worth living for. I could never talk to anyone that I had no direction, I had nothing that made me happy. I could not trust anyone, even myself. As I lurked on 4chan, I stumbled upon KS - I had nothing to do, so I figured I might check it out. At the very least, it could have provided me a temporary escape.

5 hours later, I was bawling.

I read books a lot, and they do touch me at points, but nothing had ever gotten to me like KS. The combination of the visual elements, the incredible soundtrack, and the absolute beauty of Lilly's story, who I fell in love with the first time I saw her. I spent all night working straight through her story, and when her good ending hit, the thin barrier that had held everything back broke, and the torrent of emotions that I did not even know were there poured out for a whole night. I would think that I had pulled myself together, but I would break down again. It took me almost 12 hours to finally get myself under control, and even then, I skipped work for a week or so, playing through the rest of the girl's routes, and above all, thinking.

In that week, I realized that I hated the way I lived, I hated that I was bound by all these responsibilities and obligations to people and goals I didn't even care about. I learned so much about life, love, beauty, and mostly myself that week that I was never the same.

I'm amazed by how much a simple story can change your life totally; I found myself, and my passions, and I realized that my only calling in life was to show other struggling people the same beauty I found that one night.

I cant really express well enough in words the impact this game has had on me, and my gratitude, but I've tried.

Thank you, I love you all :D
Salpoorin

Thanks so much to the developers!

Post by Salpoorin »

This is a quick message for the developers. I had no idea this project was underway until I heard it mentioned last month on an anime podcast. Being new to anime in general and and visual novels in particular, I was a little disturbed by what I heard them saying. It was obvious they were only reviewing it based on the name alone and and made it sound creepy and perverted.

They were complete idiots!

I'm so glad I didn't listen to them. Curiosity got the better of me and I decided to give Katawa Shojo a fair chance. The stories were amazing and engrossing. I lost myself in the stories, sometimes seeing the sunrise before I realized how late I'd stayed up playing. Before I knew it I had played through all the scenarios. The stories were just that well written!

The most impressive part of your project is that you did not make light of the girl's disabilities. The girls, for the most part bravely ignored what society would have told them they could not do and carried on with their lives as normal. While the girls in these stories might have been considered emotionally or physically damaged by societies standards, they overcame their problems. In a way, Hisou was more disabled than they were.

One of the most impressive scenes to me was where Lilly was talking about how she "saw" colors, or how she dreamed by way of sounds, touch and smells rather than in images. That combined with the detail you gave on everyday life for these disabled girls (running injuries for amputees, what it was like to be blind or deaf or be born different) showed me that you folks definitely did your homework. The care you took to bring these characters to life is impressive.

The art was another thing that impressed me. Character movement, changing facial expressions and short animations all combined to great effect. Even now as I think back on my play throughs, I see it in my mind as a movie. The stories you told, at times heart breaking and heart warming, really touched me. I'm already looking forward to a second play through.

So, in conclusion, I want to say thanks for this wonderful game. I think it's a shame you won't be doing more like this. I would definitely have paid for this one if you'd charge... It's just that good!

Thanks so much!
bradpara

Re: Thanks so much to the developers!

Post by bradpara »

Welcome to the Katawa Side, we have cookies.

Just stay away from the Ship to Ship Combat and Shizune Flame Wars and you'll be fine.

Also, always brain bleach after reading comments on the Shimmie.
Shizune=Hanako>Lilly>Emi=Rin
Family Game Night A Shizune After Story Fic
Pentaghost

Post by Pentaghost »

I downloaded Katawa Shoujo in January I believe and tonight I finally finished all five story arcs. I've never felt the need to visit a forum to thank the creators of a game before, and I don't know how to go about it, but if any of the development team get around to reading this: Thank you. I'd never played a VN before KS and I admit to entering into the game with a little trepidation when I was told of its subject matter/origins, like a few people I expect. Five minutes in and I knew any hesitation I had was completely unfounded; I was hooked from start to finish.

Now that I'm finally finished I actually feel a little sadness, something that only ever happens to me when I finish a really good novel or tv series. I got so invested in the characters and story that I can't help but feel a little melancholic at its ending. I think that's a reflection of what a truly remarkable game KS is though and one that I'll revisit again and again over the years. I've never been brought to tears by a game before, and maybe that's what compelled me to write this, because any piece of work that can create that sort of emotional reaction deserves praise in my book.

Thanks again and congratulations on creating such a wonderful game.
psyclown85

Character Develop and Animation

Post by psyclown85 »

Hi. My name is Daniel. I haven't finished the game to 100% nor have finished all the characters yet. The reason being is that I spend a tremendous amount of time to go through one whole character, then re-do it to simply just look at the artwork and the development that went into this game. I don't know much about animations or characterization. I have tried to make animations myself, but yet to only make a 10 second bouncing ball in Adobe Photoshop. I draw as well but to no extent of what is shown in the novel. I can't figure out a picture of a character to draw without having to reference one and then realize that I end up drawing the same character. These characters are so... Amazingly made. The characters, background, animations for Act 1's scene's (Including the opening scene), music, and the overall aspect of how much time and effort that was put into this. I'm not going to lie and say that this novel hasn't changed me. (Notice that I say novel and not game. To me this isn't a game but another life.) This novel has done so much for me. I realized a lot more in life now that I never really thought about before. One thing I know is that I'm not going to be getting close to any girl like Hisao in these stories. I'm quite lonely myself, but that's besides the point. This novel taught me a lot about how people are... who they are. In their own way and you can't change that. Well I've been rambling on quite long enough. Basically what I am trying to say is...

Thank you Four Leaf Studios. Thank you for your time and effort into making such a powerful Visual Novel. Thank you to the Art workers, Music makers, Developers, and everyone. This really has changed my life and I am sure it has for many other people. I think that everyone would agree with me that it would be great to see another one. Maybe not the exact same type of one (as in disabilities), but you know, something else looking forward to. I know you all want a break and I'm sure that everyone would be glad to give you all one. You deserved it. I hope to see something in the future.

Until then, I thank you once again.

From your loving supporter and forever friend,
Daniel.
psyclown85

Re: Character Develop and Animation

Post by psyclown85 »

Oh yeah and also, while writing this, innocence and friendship was playing in my mind :P
EclipsiumRasa

Post by EclipsiumRasa »

Thank you 4LS.

KS stopped me feeling defective, mostly by helping me realise its up to me to decide how I feel about what I am.

You guys are giants.
- Eclair Raas
⚫ Consider yourself invited to the Katawa Shoujo Fitocracy group.
⚪ I tweet on occasion and sometimes blog on stuff related to KS.
Benji

Post by Benji »

I actually found this game late... three days ago or so. Didn't sleep to finish all the arcs, so I apologize if this gets rambly.

Part of me thinks that maybe it was just the time in my life when this game found me, but part of me thinks that I was looking for something and found it. For once in many years, I feel like I can move forward from all the problems in my past. I feel like maybe, just maybe, I can actually do all the things I've wanted to do - empowered by what has happened, instead of bogged down by it.

I can't thank you guys enough, but I truly wish I could.

This game made me decide to keep going, when I was becoming increasingly certain that I didn't have a reason to do so. I was planning on not making it to the new year, but now... now thinks don't look so bad.