The "thank you 4LS" thread.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ReCodes

Re: A thank you!

Post by ReCodes »

It's ok, i'm half les too :P i can make due xD
~WAHAHAHA...~
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=7531 <- my fan art gallery

I'm dead...for now...will be back sometimes later...
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

ReCodes wrote:i'm half les too
No such thing. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
ReCodes

Post by ReCodes »

Xanatos wrote:
how can u be so sure?
~WAHAHAHA...~

Umber

Post by Umber »

Xanatos wrote:
Can't judge a swinger until you've swung the set, my friend. Worth a shot.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

ReCodes wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
how can u be so sure?
Because I'm Jesus.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Dream

Post by Dream »

Xanatos wrote:Because I'm Jesus.
Of puns.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Dream wrote:
Xanatos wrote:Because I'm Jesus.
Of puns.
I didn't even make a pun! In this thread...
BobCostas

Yet Another Personal Story

Post by BobCostas »

First off, no, I'm not actually Bob Costas. Anyhow.

I'm sure y'all have heard this too many times. That this game changed their lives or whatever.

But strangely, for me, it wasn't really the game. I played through Hanako, and then Lily's route, and then went searching around the internet for Hanako pictures (because god DAMN Hanako is kawaii as fuck).

And then I found the advertisement picture.

http://i.imgur.com/9JeSr.jpg

Just in case you haven't seen it.

It made me break out bawling.

Why?

Because it was exactly what I'd had needed to have been told for years.

I didn't want to be told I was special. I didn't want people to say I was smart. I wanted people to stop looking at how I couldn't interact with others, judging that, and then trying to come up with any compliment they could. Anything people said about me was just them trying to cover on how I made them uncomfortable.

Now, I know that I have a mild form of ASD along with severe chronic depression. But when I was in junior high and high school? Nobody would give me the truth. I knew I was depressed, but because no one would look me in the eye, I just came to the conclusion that I would never, ever be human. I retreated. I became a shell of a human.

I've gotten better, I guess. I can somewhat function, but I've never sought out help. I haven't been able to trust anyone. But after playing Hanako's route especially, the following phrase means more to me than virtually anything else in the world now:

"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage."

You are not strange. Just even thinking that to me makes me tear up. I've gone for over two decades of life, trying to apologize for being me, but to even just have a game that shows how, and says how, you can be "abnormal" but still be human? It's the most amazing thing I've ever had. People were always trying to tell me how I could be better than normal. But I don't want that. I want to be just a human. And having someone tell me, even if not directly, that I am just fine and worth someone's time as a human, means so much to me that I doubt I'm making sense.

Thank you. Thank you for letting me admit that I am disabled. Thank you for letting me admit that even though I am disabled, I can be a person and not a disease.

Thank you so much.
pandaphil

Re: Yet Another Personal Story

Post by pandaphil »

Amen my friend. Thank you for sharing with us.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Nineball

Re: The "thank you 4LS" thread.

Post by Nineball »

I'd like to give a big thanks to the devs as well. I'm really enjoying this game after having it for so long but never really sat down till now to actually play it.
ReCodes

Re: Yet Another Personal Story

Post by ReCodes »

fight! :D
i'll make an Hanako artwork for you x)
~WAHAHAHA...~

win746

Post by win746 »

Before this VN, I could say that I was quite bitter and a hot tempered person. I didn't have much friends and I "thought" I was fine the way I am, with a few friends and just playing games with them. I was pretty much like Hisao after he came out of the hospital. I didn't appreciate life as much, and thought that my life just sucks by default.

Then my roommate heard of Katawa Shoujo, suddenly he had all these feels and pretty much changed. So I decided, why not.

So after playing Hanako's and Lilly's route, I was absolutely stunned over the story and the characters. I never felt anything like this before, and it caused great depression. What came next was me actually resenting playing the novel, quite stupid because I felt it just made my "fine" life worse. (Sounds stupid I know, but I'm always this close-minded).

Then I finished the rest of the novel, and I realized that it was me and my life that was wrong, I didn't have much friends or achievements because I was just shutting myself out. I don't exactly know how to describe what, how and why KS inspired me to be better, each arc has affected me in their own way. Even though I still feel depressed that it ended and that I really love all the characters, I feel inspired to change my life for the better. Lately I've been hanging out with friends and making some new friends, I never felt happier in my entire life. Heh, even started drawing again, feels great (even if it looks like a 10 year old drawings).

Thank you 4LS, if 4LS accepted donations I would just give up this month's savings and the next, but seeing they don't accept donations make me stand in awe on how dedicated they were to make a masterpiece like this. Thank you.
Katie wrote:I hate men
This board is being invaded by feminists, spread the word!
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

They had gone on record to say that it will be impossible to split the money evenly, given their locations all over the world. Which then leads to my idea of giving them individually the same amount of bounty each.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
zakastra

Post by zakastra »

Thank you so very,very much for creating this wonderfully moving experience, It has given me such tremendously powerful feelings, and taught me so much, my only regret is that I may not be able to hold onto all the lessons it teaches me.

I have been moved to tears playing Katawa Shoujo, and in the best of ways. I'm confident that I will never be moved quite the same way by anything else.

My gratitude, my respect, and even a modest form of love, I wish to give these feelings, in return for the gift I have received in this game.
neio

Post by neio »

Xanatos wrote:
ReCodes wrote:i won't do 100% because watching any of them sad or crying hurts
Wuss. Did you at least do Kenji's? :lol:
Kenji's end is great! :D
It's really far too humorous to be emotionally damaging. I've also done Shizune's bad end, and I'm thinking of doing Hanako's, but I'll probably stop there.
(What's really preventing me from getting 100% is Rin's arc. Man alive. I'm missing scenes from acts 2 and 4 in her arc, and I'm not sure I could ever get them. It'd be hard even WITH a flowchart.)
Recommended fics: A pseudo-pseudo Suzu Route | Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) | Can You Open Your Heart? (Rika)

(New) Movie contest: From which 2012 film did I mangle this quote? Prize: Humble Bundle
You're worried about the Nurse? Try the mom.