The "thank you 4LS" thread.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SpunkySix

Re: A big thank you

Post by SpunkySix »

Rhodri wrote:Thank you all for a wonderful year.
You're very welcome. :)
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
brythain

Re: A big thank you

Post by brythain »

SpunkySix wrote:
Rhodri wrote:Thank you all for a wonderful year.
You're very welcome. :)
You're very welcome too! :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
TK8305

Re: The "thank you 4LS" thread.

Post by TK8305 »

Thanks 4LS for a memorable & lovely visual novel! :)

Hanako is forever MY waifu! xD
My YouTube | My Twitter[/font][/size]<p>Currently LPing: Pokemon Diamond (NDS) / Link's Birthday DX (ZC)
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

Thank you 4Ls for letting me experience such a wonderful thing, thank you for kicking my ass in gear. Thank you for introducing me to many awesome people, Thank you for making me stop acting like a Jigoro and more of a Miki/Emi kind of person.

Its been one hell of a rollercoaster, each of us with our own tickets. Its been a pleasure being on the ride, Here's to many more trips!

A beer for each and everyone of us, and even to those that don't drink!
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

YutoTheOrc wrote:Thank you 4Ls for letting me experience such a wonderful thing, thank you for kicking my ass in gear. Thank you for introducing me to many awesome people, Thank you for making me stop acting like a Jigoro and more of a Miki/Emi kind of person.
In some ways, nowt wrong with acting like a Jigoro :D Just make sure you get the hard-working bit and not the arsehole bit ;)
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
YutoTheOrc wrote:Thank you 4Ls for letting me experience such a wonderful thing, thank you for kicking my ass in gear. Thank you for introducing me to many awesome people, Thank you for making me stop acting like a Jigoro and more of a Miki/Emi kind of person.
In some ways, nowt wrong with acting like a Jigoro :D Just make sure you get the hard-working bit and not the arsehole bit ;)
Probably more arsehole and less hard-working, sad to say :(
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

YutoTheOrc wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
Probably more arsehole and less hard-working, sad to say :(
I'm sure that's not true (or at least, not as true as you think) :)
Either way, this VN does seem to have positive effects on people (myself included), and the fact that you're moving towards something you consider to be better can only be a good thing :D
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

LordMarluxia
Location: My body in Southwestern Europe, my mind in Wonderland.

Post by LordMarluxia »

I need to thank 4LS as well.

Thank you for making this game.
Thank you for reminding me that acting all the time isn't healthy. Thank you for reminding me that there are people with bigger problems than me.
Thank you for changing my views on disabled people. Thank you for introducing me to such heart full stories.
Thank you for reminding me that a problem doesn't define a person. Thank you reminding me that white-knighting for the sake of it isn't right.

Thank you reminding me that I too once needed help. Perhaps I still do, otherwise I wouldn't have been as shattered like I was a week ago.
Thank you for driving me to become a better person.

Katawa Shoujo changed my life. Thank you.
Reading: Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami; Fractured - Karin Slaughter
Playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior 2; Far Cry 3; Dragon's Crown

Cat: "Where are you going?" Alice: "Which way should I go?"
Cat: "That depends on where you are going." Alice: "I don’t know."
Cat: "Then it doesn’t matter which way you go."
Sohtak

Post by Sohtak »

Me as well!

I want to thank 4LS for taking me on such a heartfelt and lovely story. If I could forget KS just to play and experience it all over again? I would in a heartbeat it's that great! In my personal opinion it's better than alot of professionally made VNs out there. And you guys didn't even get paid for this.

I was always kind hearted by nautre but it taught me that I can be EVEN more kind hearted.

It also taught me that everyone has a battle they are fighting. Even if they are complete jerks to you, Treat them with kindess and respect.

I also want to thank them for something more personal...

I want to thank 4LS for giving me direction in my life. As odd as it is, A game about finding yourself in this world...also gave me a bit of direction in mine. I had been in a bit of a slump where I didn't really care what went on in my life. I just went day by day by day taking it as it came and went. I've always been interested in Japan and the culture but never really learned about it much outside of schools. I had to do that on my own which was easy thanks to the internet.

It had been my dream to visit Japan for a long time until I just simply forgot about that dream and I let my passion for the Japanese culture die out as well. But after playing Katawa Shoujo and meeting a few like minded people like myself it sparked that fire inside of me again. And now I've gotten incredibly serious about going to Japan.

Learning the language from the letters to speaking (Somewhat) fluent Japanese, But only in small phrases at the moment. To learning the ins and outs of Japanese society as well. I understand it's not a perfect place, But it's a place I'd like to live. Plus the USD to Yen exchange rate is quite good :P

And on a less serious side-note. I want to thank them for giving me my waifu Hanako <3
LordMarluxia
Location: My body in Southwestern Europe, my mind in Wonderland.

Post by LordMarluxia »

Sohtak wrote:And on a less serious side-note. I want to thank them for giving me my waifu Hanako <3
Why you! Waifu sharing ahoy!

Thanks to this, I decided to learn sign language. I'm gonna work hard for it!
Reading: Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami; Fractured - Karin Slaughter
Playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior 2; Far Cry 3; Dragon's Crown

Cat: "Where are you going?" Alice: "Which way should I go?"
Cat: "That depends on where you are going." Alice: "I don’t know."
Cat: "Then it doesn’t matter which way you go."
Forever_ambivalent

Post by Forever_ambivalent »

Thank you 4LS for giving me an enjoyable read.
And thanks for giving me some insight on how armless people function. Also thanks for the nice music and for making Rin.
And thanks for making these forums.

Looking at other people's walls of thanks here I feel pretty insignificant. Oh well.
Popcorn513

Post by Popcorn513 »

TK8305 wrote:Thanks 4LS for a memorable & lovely visual novel! :)

Hanako is forever MY waifu! xD
Lol, hanako is so lovely unfortunately I have kuroneko as my waifu already
The scene when she smiling hugging birthday gifts was just so touching

This is my first visual novel I really love the concept and story, great work from 4LS and hope I could get buy some merchandise from them it have the chance if saw in komiket
Manx

Post by Manx »

Add my heartfelt and respectful "Thank You" to all these others. You, the developers of Katawa Shoujo, have done something very special, indeed. And, it is very, very good. Thank you.
... merely MIDDLE-AGED, I'll have you know ....:)
brythain

Post by brythain »

After listening to the OST again in a foolish attempt to decide which was my favourite piece, I realised that I should come back here and thank all those responsible, and Nicol Amarfi in particular. What genius! It's the sheer range of pieces—all kinds of moods etc, but somehow with a common thread still maintained, a common 'feel'. Perhaps it's an illusion, but it's a very well-designed one.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Disposition

Post by Disposition »

Nothing made me feel, so I never expected a game to do so. Thanks for the experience, maybe it will put me on a better path.
INTP Enneagram 5w4

"We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion."

"Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall
All the kings horses and all the kings men
Couldn't put Humpty together again."