The "thank you 4LS" thread.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Sgt Spice

Re: The "thank you 4LS" thread.

Post by Sgt Spice »

I don't think I've formally expressed my gratitude to 4LS for making this game.
I would never think that a VN would completely change me. I never thought that a fictional character could get me off my ass, tear down my walls, and leave me in the cold naked and eager for a fresh start at life. It changed me, as ridiculous as it sounds.
So thanks.
Rin Kin
I have a very strong Rin-bias
"Just be"
Joey

Post by Joey »

This is honestly the first time I have ever sent a "thank you" to any game developer, much less anything 4chan related... Here it goes.

I would really like to thank you, every single one that was involved in creating this visual novel. You have my gratitude. The way this VN has touched my feelings and has also in some way changed my way of thinking. You shouldn't stop making Katawa Shoujo related projects, whatever they may be.

Thank you.
Joker71

Re: Ask!

Post by Joker71 »

Thank you for all the hard work that went into making KS possible. Next to YMK, this is my favorite visual novel I've gone through, and also only the 2nd that made me want to play through each ending <again, YMK>. New here, and figured this is the best place for comment to be seen. I know, not a question, but I wanted to thank you :D
Legend

Post by Legend »

Alright, here we go.

I don't know how many thanks I would need to send for you to understand my feelings towards your game. I'm through a rough period being in my teen years, and your game gave me plenty o' answers.
I want to be more active in my life, and I'm tempted to try new things, like drawing or swimming, because, in the contrary of Rin or Emi, I don't have that thing that keeps me alive.
The Hanako ending also made me realise that I was too close-minded in my childhood, and that I've succesfully put it in the past.
Playing your game made me realise who I am, and who I want to be, so I can't thank you enough.

PS: Writing this made me feel.
ArcCain

Re: Ask!

Post by ArcCain »

Joker71 wrote:Thank you for all the hard work that went into making KS possible. Next to YMK, this is my favorite visual novel I've gone through, and also only the 2nd that made me want to play through each ending <again, YMK>. New here, and figured this is the best place for comment to be seen. I know, not a question, but I wanted to thank you :D
What´s YMK?
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
clouds

Post by clouds »

First time poster here and I wanted to say thank you, Four Leaf. This game definitely hit me emotionally. I remember playing through each route the first time and at one point or another, I had tears running down my face. This happens still when I play through it again (as I've 100% it and I'm still going through every route again) I never cry at much, but this game just hit me. Katawa Shoujo doesn't get the recognition it deserves, because it's much more than a dating sim, it's an emotional journey. Thank you for the years you put in to this and thank you for pushing my emotional development in a great direction.
crashnburner187

Post by crashnburner187 »

I don't know whether to get down and worship the ground the devs' walk on or to name my firstborn (if I ever have one) after one of them. But I guess a simple "thank you" would suffice for now.
THANK YOU, KS DEVS! x9999 :D
This space intentionally left blank, until I can come up with a wittier signature.

Which will probably never happen at this rate.
Velitation

Post by Velitation »

Well, might as well make my first post on this forum. I only noticed KS about a month ago, not knowing the history and background behind it. Ultimately, I don't have anything that much different than what other people have said here; this is an excellent visual novel (if that is what it goes by). What makes me even more amazed is the amount of effort and work that was put into this project by only a few individuals who all lived across the world. I believe I read earlier on this forum with the take away message of KS being able to appreciate the time that the development team put in to make something so well thought out and inspiring. I take the message wholeheartedly. It seems that the whole project was running on inspiration, but I know the Edison quote well enough: Genius is 1% inspiration, 99% perspiration. Anyway, might as well get to the point. Thank you for KS, thank you for showing how something incredible can done from humble beginnings, and good luck in your future endeavors.
[fahsign]Velitation[/fahsign] Remember, it's just a game.
Treelor

Thank you, 4LS!

Post by Treelor »

You know, I've never really been in to Anime. There's a thread on Facepunch about the game, and I'd been eyeing it for a while, but always pegged it for something not for me.

Long story short, I've been living in near total social seclusion for the past year for reasons beyond my control, and this was a surprisingly down-to-earth story on a subject I felt I had long forgotten. I really enjoyed it, and it gave me a different perspective on seeing a lot of things.

I know it must not have been easy to create a work of this magnitude, but its certainly helped me when I need it, so thank you for all your hard work.

I must've missed this thread, thanks mods :v
lyokomasterodd

Post by lyokomasterodd »

Hello Four Leaf Studios. My name is Kris. I don't know if you're reading this, or ever will, but all I can say is thank you. These stories were all very enjoyable, and though they take a long time, they are all very touching. I love how this can show that no matter how disabled someone is, they can do great things and overcome obstacles with friends and love. That being said, I'm slightly disappointed that the new characters coming out have to be paid for, but I guess if they are as great as I think they will be, then I can't object. Also, I think it is fair that you should be paid for making such a great VN. I was so angry at first when I found out about the pay-to-see, but after I thought about it, i realized it's fair. So thank you for the chance to read this wonderful story Four Leaf Studios. I can't wait to see what new ideas you'll come up with in the future. E-mail is lyokomasterodd@gmail.com should anyone want to reply.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

lyokomasterodd wrote:Hello Four Leaf Studios. My name is Kris. I don't know if you're reading this, or ever will, but all I can say is thank you. These stories were all very enjoyable, and though they take a long time, they are all very touching. I love how this can show that no matter how disabled someone is, they can do great things and overcome obstacles with friends and love. That being said, I'm slightly disappointed that the new characters coming out have to be paid for, but I guess if they are as great as I think they will be, then I can't object. Also, I think it is fair that you should be paid for making such a great VN. I was so angry at first when I found out about the pay-to-see, but after I thought about it, i realized it's fair. So thank you for the chance to read this wonderful story Four Leaf Studios. I can't wait to see what new ideas you'll come up with in the future. E-mail is lyokomasterodd@gmail.com should anyone want to reply.
I hate to break it to you, but those new characters don't exist. They were all April Fool's jokes. *sigh*

Unfortunately the only was to get more KS is to try the Fanfic area here on the board.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
reynabm

Post by reynabm »

Hello Everyone,

I'm a first time poster, and registered specifically to post in this thread (though I hadn't quite found it when I registered). I just wanted to say thank you all for this game. I'm sure you all hear it quite often, but it's had a positive impact on my life. I've been following the project from just before the Ch.1 demo was released. Before I began to play the full game a year and half ago, I was unable to run a half mile (because of a lingering injury, or so I convinced myself), but after I played through Emi's route I decided to lace up my shoes and damn the injury. I began waking up in the mornings to run, going so far as to spend 20 minutes dressing out to run at 0500 in the middle of February.

I have stuck with my running (with a few bumps along the way) and am now able to run 9 miles in a session, and improving all the time. Any time I begin to waver or doubt, I pay Emi's route a visit and then carry the F@#K on. I've played through all the routes, but Emi's is the only once I've revisited (almost a dozen times by now, in fact).

In short, Thank You All for the hard work in bring us these stories, and for helping me relocate my awesome.
Full-Paragon

Thank You, From a Fan

Post by Full-Paragon »

I just wanted to thank to people in Four Leaf studios who dedicated so much of their time and effort to making Katawa Shoujo. I really enjoyed playing through all five routes, and it's definitely something I will be coming back to later on to revisit. I think you handled the subject matter beautifully myself. None of the characters were defined by their disabilities, rather they were defined by who they were as a person. Each path was touching in its own way, and I was more then bit sad when they came to an end simply because I wanted to see more of these wonderful characters.

I know that there has been a lot of criticism lobbed at this game, and while it might be justified, I think the fact that so many people gave so freely of their time with no expectation of reward that it seems rather shallow to point out that this game was not a professional production. It obviously wasn't, and didn't set out be be that, but it was still touching and entertaining.

Again, thanks to all of you for adding just a little more brightness to the lives of those who have had a chance to play your game. I hope that all of you find success in your future ventures and lives.
Stories are not about concepts, ideas, or emotions. They are about people. If you can remember that, you can tell a story worth listening to.
DeoxFeels

Post by DeoxFeels »

I would like to express my thanks as well...

Before playing KS I completed several visual novels, most of them being from Key. Though, I must admit KS was one of the better.
It's always been a dream sort of to do something similar, and a couple of years after playing KS, me and a bunch of friends decided to give it a go.

Thanks to 4LS, me and several friends with different skills and backgrounds were inspired to create a visual novel, and now we're in the process.
While it's an overwhelming project, it's been fun so far and it's also looking promising so far.

While we still got a long way to go and people we lack (mainly more writers and composers), we do our best with what we have. All of us are inspired by this amazing work, ranging from aspiring artists and programmers to writers.

By the behalf of all of us, we thank you for your awesome work. :D
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

Thank you 4Leaf for showing me the truth. Now I know that nowhere is safe and I need to be a constant look out for feminist's. I didn't even see them in my own schools jeez I could have died. So thank you 4Leaf. Oh and the amazing novel you guys wrote thanks for that to I guess.