The "thank you 4LS" thread.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Thank you 4LS

Post by Xanatos »

Ark wrote:
Clarification: 4LS may continue to create projects. It just won't be all the same people who worked on KS.

Also, there is already a "Thank You" thread. Welcome!

And honestly, I don't get why people think a sequel would be amazing. A sequel would have nowhere to go. All the stories are tied up. A spinoff, maybe...
Do you want me to put this in the thank you forum then? so then the public discussion doesn't randomly have this for no reason because you have a thank you thread(i didn't really see it or look really hard to find it before you said this >.<) Only reason i'm asking is so that it just makes things easier for everyone :P
Doesn't matter to me. :P Just don't make duplicate threads a habit or Silentcook will roast you alive (literally). :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
CatNaps

Re: The "thank you 4LS" thread.

Post by CatNaps »

I just finished my first play through; Lilly's route.
I am torn. This game has really, deeply moved me. I plan to continue and explore the other paths, hopefully they are as delightful and feelsy as Lilly's route. When I downloaded this game last week I didn't know what to expect... I now feel all the better, like I made the right decision. I'm not about to pretend I'm a NEET or I don't have any friends or that I spend all day online. I am a fairly normal healthy person. But something about this just has really opened an element of emotion I haven't felt since my brother passed away 5 years ago. This game has me thinking twice about how I treat others, and feeling blessed for all that I have and can have. Long story short, I look forward to continuing this game, and I want to express how truly, sincerely wonderful it has been so far. So thank you. Everyone at 4LS. Everyone who contributed, everyone who has experienced this game, everyone else. Thank you so much.
Cheers.
-CatNaps
servai_94

Best Game Ever!!!!

Post by servai_94 »

Hi there, I had played the game called Katawa Shoujo. And the game is THE BEST!!! I'll give you 5-STARS! Thank You :-) :D :D :D
Heart2Heart

Post by Heart2Heart »

Dear 4LS,

I've seen the original art by Raida however I was completely ignorant to the fact that it was actually going to be a game, much less what it evolved into.
Fast forward to, well, just this past week actually. I heard this game sprung from the depths of 4Chan and when I heard it existed, I thought "Yeah, it seems pretty novel why not?"
There are very few forms of media I really get into. I mean I hardly ever get involved in a "fandom" or what have you. However, I wasn't expecting this game to impact me the way it did. I thought this was just going to be a game about nailing disabled girls.
For almost half of this year I've been in a dark place. My own communication issues caused my 2 and a half year relationship to crumble. For a while I turned to drugs and alcohol, partied it up because as a single college student I was expected to do that to fit in. Eventually I decided to change for the better. I've been trying to better myself as a person. I've looked at self-help websites, talked to mental health workers (which I will elaborate on later), and I've even looked at religon (Buddhism in particular). With all of this being said, nothing has helped me like this game has. I've accepted myself for all my success and flaws and that I’ve accepted that will never be perfect, and I've accepted that besides trust, communication is the second half to a healthy relationship. I will never be happy until I learn to talk about how I feel. This game has taught me that nothing can hold you back unless you let it. I've been diagnosed with Bipolar II and a few years back I had a psychotic breakdown. On top of that, there's a decent chance that I'm going to become sterile before I can even have kids. But you know what? That's okay. I've learned so much about life from this game.
At one point I wanted more, MORE! I needed more KS! But now, I'm perfectly okay with this being it. To me, this game is perfect. All of the characters are likable. The art is amazing and the writing is absolutely wonderful. I've lurked the subreddit and these forums, and this game has struck a chord with so many people. I have zero doubt in any of the abilities of anyone of FourLeaf. Everyone involved with this game is immensely talented. That being said, this game has struck such a powerful chord with people and they say lightning hardly ever strikes twice right?
At the end of the day, yeah, it's just a VN about disabled girls. But if anyone from Four Leaf studios is reading this, I'd like you to know that you have changed so many people’s lives (mine included) for the better. I've heard that you are disbanding which is sad, but I wish the absolute best luck for all of you. If you ever come back together to make something new I give you my full support (and yes, I'd even donate money)

Best regards,
Heart2Heart
Silverbullet312

Post by Silverbullet312 »

Just dropped by to say thanks. I started playing Katawa Shoujo back in July and finished all the routes in a couple weeks. 5 months later, it has stuck with me and changed me for the better, and it makes me sad that some will never get to experience this. Thank you.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Not much I can add apart from yet another "Thank you". I first heard about the game via JewWario's review, but it was watching Jesse Cox's LP that convinced me to find KS and try it out.

I've always had a weakness for emotional stories. Mostly books, so it was inevitable that I'd fall hard for KS. I have a bad heart myself, so I can really empathize with Hisao.

Looking forward to any future projects from 4LS.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Found the game via TV Tropes. Entering the game spoiled doesn't detract from the experience at all. The highs and lows are cool, and I give double thumbs up to this.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Internet-justice

Thank you Four leaf

Post by Internet-justice »

This is one of the most amazing and beautiful story driven games I have played in a long time. Its a game that has been passed around from friend to friend for a while now; but for awhile they all kept calling it "ancient aliens; the game." I never understood why. For the longest time they wouldn't tell me what it was, they said I had to play it before they would tell me the real name or what it was. They said I wouldn't want to play it if I knew what it was about. I said 'No really I promise I won't care, it can't be that bad." Then he informed me that "... Its a game about having sex with cripples." I was shocked and a little horrified, even though he assured me that it was so much more. That it was "life changing." So reluctantly I played it. He was right. I played through the Emi path and it was beautiful. The characters have emotion and personality, the story is great, and the art is fantastic. I almost cried at a few points in the game it was so great. So thank you Four Leaf. Thank you for this wonderful game. Even if it sounds creepy.
pandaphil

Re: Thank you Four leaf

Post by pandaphil »

Welcome to our group! We already have a "Thank you!" thread at http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t ... =thank+you. You might want to repost your thoughts there.

Don't worry, you'll soon find out that we all know how you feel. We've all been there, or still are there in a lot of cases. I'm glad your weird friends finally introduced you. :)

Please stick around and share your thoughts.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Parliament

Re: Thank you Four leaf

Post by Parliament »

pandaphil wrote:Don't worry, you'll soon find out that we all know how you feel. We've all been there, or still are there in a lot of cases. I'm glad your weird friends finally introduced you. :)

Please stick around and share your thoughts.
+1 to this mate, one does not simply shake off the KS feels. Welcome to the forum Internet-justice =)
I wish I had some kind of succinct piece of wisdom to put here. Oh well, bathrobes are comfy =)
Internet-justice

Post by Internet-justice »

Thanks guys. I so far have only completed one path but plan on completing them all. This game has motivated me, through its feels, to be better.
Last edited by Internet-justice on Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cimexed

Life changing.

Post by Cimexed »

Hello and first, thank you. I happen to be the person Internet-Justice is talking about. When a friend of mine introduced the game to me before any other person in our friend group, I let him down, much like Hisao did to Lilly throughout Act III. I attempted to refrain from judgment but couldn't persuade myself that it could possibly be a good game. Eventually though, I gave in after more of my friends began to play it and love it. I played down Lilly's path and the experience I received was not disappointing. I had never before cried to a book or movie, but tears were flowing in Act IV. When I told IJ about the game, I simply told him to play it for him to understand, but he convinced me to anyway. I blurted "it's about dating and having sex with crippled girls." As soon as it came out of my mouth I knew how wrong I was. Though that is in the game yes, that's not what it's about. The sex scenes in the game help to solidify specific and very important themes about our world, which really was heart wrenching. The saddest/happiest story I have ever read, yet the meaning of the game is life changing I feel ever so slightly changed for the better, with a new outlook on life because of the meaning behind this game. Thank you again.
chi3l

Post by chi3l »

Thank you Four Leaf Studios for developing this game. Katawa Shoujo is the first VN I've tried and I loved every second of it (except some Kenji moments. heh.) The past week I've spent playing KS has been amazing. You guys have no idea how much the game has touched me, especially Rin's route, which to me was the most heart wrenching- even if you get the "good" ending.

Cheers to 4LS and good luck on your future projects!
pandaphil

Re: Life changing.

Post by pandaphil »

Gotta admit I've wondered if 4LS had any idea what they were starting when they developed this.
Cimexed wrote:Hello and first, thank you. I happen to be the person Internet-Justice is talking about. When a friend of mine introduced the game to me before any other person in our friend group, I let him down, much like Hisao did to Lilly throughout Act III. I attempted to refrain from judgment but couldn't persuade myself that it could possibly be a good game. Eventually though, I gave in after more of my friends began to play it and love it. I played down Lilly's path and the experience I received was not disappointing. I had never before cried to a book or movie, but tears were flowing in Act IV. When I told IJ about the game, I simply told him to play it for him to understand, but he convinced me to anyway. I blurted "it's about dating and having sex with crippled girls." As soon as it came out of my mouth I knew how wrong I was. Though that is in the game yes, that's not what it's about. The sex scenes in the game help to solidify specific and very important themes about our world, which really was heart wrenching. The saddest/happiest story I have ever read, yet the meaning of the game is life changing I feel ever so slightly changed for the better, with a new outlook on life because of the meaning behind this game. Thank you again.
Welcome to the board, and the "KS Ambassadors Club"! Good work sir. :D
Matteus

Post by Matteus »

Hello I decided to make an account because I was moved by this wonderful game. I just discovered it two weeks ago (wish I'd played it sooner) and I feel in a way KS had impacted me like no other game has ever done to me.

This game couldn't have revealed itself to me at a better time. I just got into College recently with no real path in life, just wanting to coast through life hoping I'd stumble across something but obviously that's the worst thing to do. I often isolated myself from others by going to places where no one would notice me, and lose myself in the day dreams I would create for myself to escape from reality.

I'm at a point in my life where I've isolated myself so much that I've almost rendered myself socially inept, and constantly trip over my words having thoughts and opinions about people but never expressing them. I have only two good friends left and it seems that its hard to hang out with them like I used to, since they have girl friends and other social groups. I've even blamed them due for my loneliness, but in the end it was all me.

I've had no ambitions as to what I want to do with my life, I'm entered in a program simply because it's in a general area that I've done satisfactory at, and because of that my marks have slipping real bad. But more or less I didn't care because I didn't know where I would end up in the first place.

When I first went to play KS I was expecting it to be really messed and would probably turn me away when I first played it. However, like many, I was astonished and realized it was far away from my assumptions, instead I was brought something that would influence to better myself. As of late, I've been trying real hard to break out of the wall I've surrounded myself from others and I've put myself in situations that would help change who I am. Though the majority of my efforts have proven unsuccessful as a whole, I find that the many baby steps I have taken may take me out of this mess and it's thanks to KS making me come to certain realizations that I've come to accept.

So thank you, it has truly be an honour to experience something like this, never thought that any media would do such a thing, but here I am.

Since I enjoyed this game so much I hope to review it sometime on my YouTube channel, I do game reviews so I find that if a game does this much to me I should recommend it to others in hopes that they will enjoy it as much as I did. Once again thank you and I hope to enjoy any future projects that you guys may make in the future.

Anyways, I'll see you guys around the forums, and once again thank you 4LS.