The "thank you 4LS" thread.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

LSK

Re: The "thank you 4LS" thread.

Post by LSK »

Like many others, i just registered myself here to say something like 'Thanks'.

This game is awesome, but i guess you already know.
I really appreciated that you could disable the 'Adult Content' in the game, because i personally dont kneed any eroge elements or things like that in a VN.

If you'd ask me, this game totally deserves a sequel; it truly would be a shame if there would'nt be any KS-related projects in the future.
But hey, take your time, do whatever you want because im sure everything you do will be just as great as KS is. Or even better?

Also, dont know if somebody already mentioned it anywhere, but you should try getting this to Steam Greenlight. Everybody should play this!

Greets from Germany!!!
Gauldoth Half-Dead

Post by Gauldoth Half-Dead »

Greetings everyone, first time poster here. Thought this'd be a good thread to start in.
Finished the game 2 months ago, finally arsed myself to express my thanks and maybe even contribute something to the community in the long run.

I called it a game, but this is no game, this is an experience. Games can't make impacts of this magnitude in people's lives. I don't want to write a novel though (not here), so I'll try to keep it short.
I didn't really know what to expect, I heard a few things about how "feely" it is. I was perplexed, what do you mean it made you cry? Curiously and cautiously, I soon immersed myself in the world of the VN, which wasn't hard; the art was just right, the writing was really well done, and the music...well, I still have to choke back some feels when I hear the music box soundtrack. All the music was just amazingly done too. This VN gave me the very first pushes and thoughts I needed to advance in life. It's funny, to me it's nearly perfect. It's like 4LS assembled for this first and final task, almost as if guided by some divine being to carry out its will in an act of love and wisdom on this chaotic world. That'd be cool.
Katawa Shoujo pushed me, helped me to realize what wrongs have I been doing for years, it made me see things from different perspectives, it taught me a lot, and it inspired me to do things. It helped me vent my feels when I fought this battle of changing myself, and reminded me why I was doing that.
In the long run, I'll thank my future life to these experiences and thus 4LS, among many other things.

It's a strange and good thought that I will most definitely remember this piece of software for the rest of my days.

Thank you 4LS, for making this visual novel. I wish to hug everyone who ever contributed anything to it, or anyone who has played it and felt the feels.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not eat children.

Post by 394382 »

I hate reading anything that requires more than a couple minutes to finish, but I stuck with this game for 5 hours because I was unable to peel my eyes away from the words that refreshed themselves with each click of my mouse. It's just a game, I get it, but I've never experienced anything this emotional from a game before. Sure I've had the urge to care for and save Rinoa and Marle and Cortana and occasionally think about what their ahegao's would look like, but this was one game that made me wanting more. Too much feels to hold and yet I want more. Mind you, I've never played a visual novel/game/whatever before Katawa Shoujo, so my opinion might not mean as much. Nevertheless, I love Katawa Shoujo.

Thank you 4Leaf Studios. As of right now, I'm still trying to sort through my feels after finishing the Hanako route. I want to hurry up and start a new game, but I probably will need some time to recuperate and settle down if I want to savour every single detail from the beginning.

Thank you,

Male in early-but not really; more like mid, but not really-twenties.
hoopy

Thank you so so much. i mean it.

Post by hoopy »

I would like to thank everyone who helped with the making of this story, it has really really touched me deep inside, heres my story to it:

Im not that much of a reader, but when i saw a friend had played this game, i was curious, not knowing what this game was about, i got it, played it for 2 minutes, and i was hooked. this game has changed my life in so many ways, u wouldnt believe it. i am now a happier person in life because i feel as if im luckier than alot of other people, i do have minor autism, (not enough to get me into the school) but none the less. i honestly cant go through life now without thinking of this story, whenever im on a train or whatever, all i do is sit there, think about the stories and wishing there would be more. i could honestly talk about it for hours. the stories gave me all sort of emotions, from happiness and laughter, to absolute sadness and crying until my hearts content, thats another thing, usually my emotions are kept in, i NEVER cry, But yet, since playing this game, i have cried 4 times in different stories, i think the story gets personal for all of us in 1 stage or another.

So there we go, i HAD to thank the crew for making this, because i felt bad in just "reading" it, And living it, but not telling my story, so thank you very much, and im not begging or anything, but if a sequel were to ever come out, I would be the first to read it ;)
- Good luck guys, Hoopy, Avid Katawa shoujo reader.
Flutterz

Re: Thank you so so much. i mean it.

Post by Flutterz »

There will almost certainly never be a sequel, but there are many other great VNs that you can try.
Check out this thread: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3178

Oh, and welcome to the forum! :)
Completed VNs: VNDB
Currently Reading: ef- a fairy tale of the two
hoopy

Post by hoopy »

Flutterz wrote:There will almost certainly never be a sequel, but there are many other great VNs that you can try.
Check out this thread: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3178

Oh, and welcome to the forum! :)
thanks for them, will have to give them a try, they certinally couldnt be any better than this though ^.^ i didnt think there would ever be a sequel, its wishful thinking, but im sure if there was, people would stand by it
Flutterz

Post by Flutterz »

hoopy wrote:thanks for them, will have to give them a try, they certinally couldnt be any better than this though ^.^
Well then be prepared to be pleasantly surprised :D While KS is still one of my faviourites, there's quite a few VNs that are as good or even better.
hoopy

Post by hoopy »

Flutterz wrote:
hoopy wrote:thanks for them, will have to give them a try, they certinally couldnt be any better than this though ^.^
Well then be prepared to be pleasantly surprised :D While KS is still one of my faviourites, there's quite a few VNs that are as good or even better.
what do u personally suggest
Flutterz

Post by Flutterz »

hoopy wrote:
Flutterz wrote:
what do u personally suggest
If you want something similar to KS, you should try Clannad, Little Busters or Symhonic Rain, they all have a pretty ordinary high school setting. Some of the best VNs have completely different settings, for those you should try Ever17, where you get stuck in an underwater theme park, or Steins;Gate, which is a great VN about time travel. Other than that, pretty much everything in my signature is worth a read in my opinion, the aforementoned thread has some good suggestions, and http://www.vndb.org is a great database of VNs.
Ark

Thank you 4LS

Post by Ark »

First time posting here, ill keep this short and brief. I just want to say thank you to the everyone who had their part in creating this masterpiece. I rarely read anything that is close to a book but this is one of the only exceptions. The way this is presented was astonishing and i felt that the way the novel immerses you into the setting was on a whole new level. As corny and embarrassing at this sounds, as a male, i would find myself becoming teary eyed because of what was going on (i wont say any spoilers).

I do know that you(4LS) as a whole have decided not to work on more of these projects together, yet I wish everyone who worked on this continue to work in this field because of how well done this was. This novel gives a whole new way for people to read books, it also encourages them to actually read more as well.

I wish all the people that worked on this the best of luck and i hope to see more of your amazing work in the future.

PS- i know you are more than likely not going to make a sequel but it would be amazing if you did :P
hoopy

Re: Thank you 4LS

Post by hoopy »

Ark wrote:First time posting here, ill keep this short and brief. I just want to say thank you to the everyone who had their part in creating this masterpiece. I rarely read anything that is close to a book but this is one of the only exceptions. The way this is presented was astonishing and i felt that the way the novel immerses you into the setting was on a whole new level. As corny and embarrassing at this sounds, as a male, i would find myself becoming teary eyed because of what was going on (i wont say any spoilers).

I do know that you(4LS) as a whole have decided not to work on more of these projects together, yet I wish everyone who worked on this continue to work in this field because of how well done this was. This novel gives a whole new way for people to read books, it also encourages them to actually read more as well.

I wish all the people that worked on this the best of luck and i hope to see more of your amazing work in the future.

PS- i know you are more than likely not going to make a sequel but it would be amazing if you did :P
Why is this unbelievably close to a post i sent less than 12 hours ago.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Clarification: 4LS may continue to create projects. It just won't be all the same people who worked on KS.

Also, there is already a "Thank You" thread. :D Welcome!

And honestly, I don't get why people think a sequel would be amazing. A sequel would have nowhere to go. All the stories are tied up. A spinoff, maybe...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Ark

Post by Ark »

I'm sorry if it is, if you feel like i'm copying you i dont want to feel like a leech, can delete this if you like... i personally don't mind. Just wanted to say ty for what they did.
hoopy

Post by hoopy »

Ark wrote:
I'm sorry if it is, if you feel like i'm copying you i dont want to feel like a leech, can delete this if you like... i personally don't mind. Just wanted to say ty for what they did.

nothing wrong with it hun, just saying it looks unbelievably close to mine ,guess everyone has the impact we have.
Ark

Post by Ark »

Clarification: 4LS may continue to create projects. It just won't be all the same people who worked on KS.

Also, there is already a "Thank You" thread. Welcome!

And honestly, I don't get why people think a sequel would be amazing. A sequel would have nowhere to go. All the stories are tied up. A spinoff, maybe...
Do you want me to put this in the thank you forum then? so then the public discussion doesn't randomly have this for no reason because you have a thank you thread(i didn't really see it or look really hard to find it before you said this >.<) Only reason i'm asking is so that it just makes things easier for everyone :P