The "thank you 4LS" thread.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

marybell

A thank you

Post by marybell »

Just a short note here...

New to the forum...but I've played through all of the story arcs... and I wanted to say the game really touched me.

Thank you all for making such a lovely game.

Kumi.
Enceladeans

Re: The "thank you 4LS" thread.

Post by Enceladeans »

KS is one of the most beautiful things I've ever experienced. It's definitely changed me, and despite being stuck with the feels, I'd say overall it's a change for the better.

I'm a struggling writer myself, but it's hard getting people to notice my work. Even worse, I've always been bad at communicating with other people, so a lot of the time I wonder if basing my dreams around words is even feasible to begin with. When I played Rin's route, I realized just how similar my own plight was to hers. I cried at the end of all five routes, but Rin's was the one that stuck the hardest.

Since then I've been revising my latest novel, trying as best I can to create something beautiful. Do it for her, I guess. Really, I think KS inspired me not just on a superficial level, but on a more meta level as well. If a bunch of anons could gather together, make something so amazing, and get the praise they deserve for it, maybe there's hope for me after all.

Thank you, 4LS.
FabledDragon

Re: Thank you Katawa and Rin!

Post by FabledDragon »

Thank you from a man with one leg.
Perposterown

Post by Perposterown »

I have to say, so far I have only finished Emi's story line but I absolutely LOVE KS. Than you all for taking your time to make this. I actually felt like I was Hisao. I felt his emotions and to a point legitimately almost forgot Emi was disabled. I fell in love with her character and love how well written the story was and how in depth it went. It was a beautiful experience that made me laugh, cry, and feel fearful of what would happen. Thank you 4LS for all the hard work and time you put into KS, the forum, all the other sites, everything you have done. I even feel like it taught me how to better understand the challenges that people with different disabilities have to face each day just to get by and how they deal with them. I hope you guys get all the recognition you deserve for this beautiful game.

I thank you guys sincerely from the bottom of my heart. Manly tears were shed when you visit Emi's father's grave site along with every other part. I wish you all the best and hope to see something just as amazing in the future if you decide to make more stories/VNs/games or whatever you decide to do next.

With thanks from the bottom of my heart,
Scott
Lilly is master race of cripples.
Lilly: Don't apologize for it. Please don't. Have I ever apologized for my blindness? You can't help the way you were born, Hisao. There's no point in apologizing for who you are. You are a beautiful person, Hisao. Please don't ever apologize for that.
sidvanhalen

Enjoyable game

Post by sidvanhalen »

Hi,

First of all my thanks to 4LS for making this game.

I achieved 100% completion and enjoyed this game a lot. My favorite path would be Rin and Shizune for totally different reasons. I guess having one author for each route does work, despite the difference in story lines I felt.

Now I'll make a back up save for a rainy day....
Beanwell

Re: Enjoyable game

Post by Beanwell »

Yay, a newcomer! Welcome to duh forumz.

More people need to play this game.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

sidvanhalen wrote:Hi,

I achieved 100% completion and enjoyed this game a lot. My favorite path would be Rin and Shizune for totally different reasons. I guess having one author for each route does work, despite the difference in story lines I felt.

100%? How long have you been playing? :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Nobody in Particular

Post by Nobody in Particular »

Xanatos wrote: 100%? How long have you been playing? :lol:
What's wrong with getting 100% in the game? It's the only way to fully appreciate the game, unless I am missing some sort of joke.

Glad to see you enjoyed it OP.
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

Nobody in Particular wrote:
Xanatos wrote: 100%? How long have you been playing? :lol:
What's wrong with getting 100% in the game? It's the only way to fully appreciate the game, unless I am missing some sort of joke.
Part of the joke is that the poster that you quoted was Xanatos. He has a special kind of humour :lol:

Also. I think that most people here found their way to the forums during or just after their first arc. It is usually after that first real hit of the feels that they wander in here looking for help or an explanation of what just happened to them. To see someone swing by after making 100% without any "group therapy" along the way is pretty amazing. Nothing wrong with that of course, but it is just pretty rare ;)
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
sidvanhalen

Post by sidvanhalen »

Xanatos wrote:
sidvanhalen wrote:Hi,

100%? How long have you been playing? :lol:
Well I had been playing the game March but could never sit down properly due to all the travel I've had to do ... :| Started playing it seriously since start of September. And I am glad I did.
Following the game since the demo came out though.
sidvanhalen

Post by sidvanhalen »

ravenlord wrote:
Also. I think that most people here found their way to the forums during or just after their first arc. It is usually after that first real hit of the feels that they wander in here looking for help or an explanation of what just happened to them. To see someone swing by after making 100% without any "group therapy" along the way is pretty amazing. Nothing wrong with that of course, but it is just pretty rare ;)
Yes I can see where you come from... I am pretty deep into the VN genre so there have been plenty of times when I have done the exact same thing, especially with nakiges or story themed games likes Kana, Private Nurse.
Somehow that didn't happen with KS... maybe because I could take my time and think over this game while playing. I was following the facebook group, though not very active there too. So it was a different experience.

Having said that.... Rin's Bad end took me by surprise, fortunately I got the neutral and good endings soon enough.
XxSaberxX

Post by XxSaberxX »

I don't really know what to say other than,

Thank You guys for this great story.
ingway

?

Post by ingway »

?
Last edited by ingway on Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
TobiTobsen

Post by TobiTobsen »

Good afternoon!

I had the luck to stumble over this magnificent game by accident on TVTropes and I think that was one of the luckiest coincidences in my "carrier" as an avid reader and gamer.
I've yet to play the routes of Emi, Lilly and Rin but I'm already awestruck by the quality and the ability to evoke so much emotions in me. I think the correct term on these forums is "FEEL" ? :lol: And that even on Shizunes path, that seems to be looked down on by quite a few people in this board if I got the right impression. If I wouldn't have to go to work I would do nothing else than play this game.

On the other hand I'm afraid that I have spoiled myself with KS as my first virtual novel. Just like I made the mistake back in the days when I tried to get my father appreciate the hobby of gaming and gave him one of the best adventures I could think of as a gift. Till then he compares every game to his first gaming experience and the high bar it set for every other game after that.

I already saw a thread further down that reccomends other novels so I think I'll have enough material to fill the gap, when I finish KS. Even while I think it will be hard to trump my "first time" with a VN.

In the end I would like to thank the guys from Four Leave Studios for creating such a great game, granting me such quality time for free and probably spoiling my expectations in further VN's for ever.

Tobi
Pokeman

Post by Pokeman »

This game is beautiful. A masterpiece, really.
I don't remember exactly how I found this game, but I'm glad I did. The game really- amazing. All the work put into it is amazing. Thought I finished it really quickly, I extremely enjoyed it. I replayed it several times. (I 100%ed it in little more than a week. Yeah, you can imagine the time I have on my hands. >< ( I wish I took more time on it.))
Each route was done magnificently. You guys really outdid yourselves.
I have recommended it to a bunch friends, and one stopped after just Hanako's route. He couldn't take all the feels. I could never get him to do Rin's, or Emi's- anyone's. Maybe that'll change in the future. Another friend couldn't take it either, though she did 100% it also. She missed some school, and then came crying to our group of friends. She gave me a hug, and cried on my shoulder. Though some of my friends are douche bags and thought she did that because she wanted the D or something, she did tell me how much the game had touched her. Now me and her are very close.
It makes me a tad depressed that 4LS will not stay together, but I guess nothing can change that. Maybe you could have made more amazing VN's together. Not related to KS, of course, but different ones. Hopefully you guys continue to create stories like this in the future, seperated.

tl;dr, This game itself is more than fantastic. Thank you guys for this story.