90%
No
10%

Total votes: 526

JiisanChrist

Would you watch Katawa Shoujo anime?

Post by JiisanChrist »

Hello all, I'm new to the board.

I'm not much of an intro type of person, so I hope my short intro would be sufficient. Anyways, here's a question I'm curious to ask all of you. Please answer the poll truthfully & please leave a comment if you feel like it.

Cheers
Valtameri

Re: Would you watch Katawa Shoujo anime?

Post by Valtameri »

I don't usually watch anime, but if it's KS, hell yeah i would.

...Oh and welcome to the forums!
It sits in silence
Eats away at me
It feeds like cancer
Sgt_Frog

Post by Sgt_Frog »

Yes, I most definitely would! Those cinematics you get at the beginning at each girl's Act Two were amazing, kinda like a little anime in itself!

My question is...how does a VN with multiple endings get turned into a series?
charmisokay

Post by charmisokay »

Sgt_frog, I think it would just have one direction, maybe even other characters - or something like that.

And yes, I would like to watch an anime like that.
After playing Lilly's route I started eating pizza with a knife and a fork ^^ I'm such a gentleman.
The_Thing

Post by The_Thing »

After seeing all of the possible paths that this novel can see, I wouldn't mind watching an animated series if one existed.

However, the plot would have to be changed to just one storyline and not many.

Despite that, I would watch it anyway. The novel was so inspirational that it made me think more about paying attention to detail. :)
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Two questions:
1) Do you really expect that anyone will answer "No" to this poll? (*)
2) Why can I choose two options in a Yes/No-Poll?

Also, there already is a pretty large thread concerning a possible anime version.
There won't be any.

Anyway, welcome to the forums.

(*)Except for those who choose "other" in a Male/Female-Poll
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
TheGrimAngel

Post by TheGrimAngel »

I do not think that it will ever happen, but if it did I'd be willing to give it all a try.
Why pick a favorite character? Each of the story was beautiful and touching in its own unique way.
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

I would watch it, then complain about it not existing *cough*Tsukihime*cough*.

Seriously though, if a Katawa Shoujo anime actually happens, which it won't, a significant portion of the fanbase will be pissed off unless it is OVA quality, doesn't cut anything out (yes, they have to show each path in the anime, maybe Amagami SS style), has a similar art style to the VN, shows the H scenes (which are actually important to the plot), and is on Blu-ray.
Pimmy
~VIBRATIONS~

Post by Pimmy »

Welcome to the forums!

Also, I totally would, both out of curiosity, obligation, and the fact I'm still a fan at heart.
Lunar Archivist

Post by Lunar Archivist »

Hell yes I would!
Dremux

Post by Dremux »

There is no doubt in my mind that I would. I think it would have to be handled like Amagami SS was, episodic and all. Of course I'm probably just stating the painfully obvious lol.
zomgbbq

Post by zomgbbq »

I think that this VN would make a fantastic feature length, an animated series wouldn't work (i don't think) but i sure as hell would watch it.

Choose one of the arcs (Hanako's or Rin's get my vote) and run with it. I think either as individual stories could make a great release as either a dvd/limited theatre release. Call me crazy but i think it'd work.
"You're out of touch, I'm out of time.. But I'm out of my head when you're not around"

"What's the word for when it feels inside your heart that everything in the world is all right?"
Koopason

Post by Koopason »

I was actually just thinking about this earlier this morning.

I would love an anime adaption to it, even though It wouldn't be as good as the VN.
Whammy

Post by Whammy »

Since a lot of stuff I watch in animes tend to be VN, there tends to be several ways they go about it:

1)Choose one route and stick with it
2)Choose one route, but bring in elements of other routes (Fate/Stay Night anime is a good example)
3)Choose one route, but incorporate non-romantic versions of the other routes. Clannad and Kanon are good examples, but they had one girl who was sort of the "definite" girl, Nagisa and Ayu respectively. Since KS doesn't have this, it would be harder to do unless you did OVA episodes of the other girls.
4)Ambiguous ending...yeah, that wouldn't satisfy anyone XD (Hisao's Harem FTW?)

For fairness and narrative purposes, KS would probable be better served as a series of OVAs, each one doing one route or so. Act I could theoretically be done in a fashion to option 3 though, since it would just stop before he makes a choice in girls but all of them could be incorporated into the story.
traitor

Post by traitor »

I'd say we start off with a chibi spinoff version. It doesn't have to be very creative, just feature the main girls being moe and Hisao being the straight man, and drown it with cripple jokes or running stereotypes. Or maybe even just feature slice of life style 10 min segments with just the girls, and no Hisao.

the studio could rack a lot of fund and popularity with the mini series, release related products such as posters and figurines, and expand the studio to release OVAs of main paths, as well as bonus contents such as hot spring episode, beach episode, or kenji episode that throws cleavage at the viewer's face.

Finally, to fully capture the anime viewer market, the studio would release limited editions of Miki path, Misha path, and Yuuko path mini-OVAs, and occasionally develop low budget games to inspire the fans.

It won't take long before fanbook market becomes flooded with KS related products, with the amount of recognition and followers in the industry, we can sign deals and feature 2-hr animations in theatres, and in a final attempt to milk this franchise, have the animation studio create their own subplots of Katawa Shoujo.