A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Would you watch Katawa Shoujo anime?

Yes
90%
No
10%

Total votes: 526

KeiichiO

Re: Would you watch Katawa Shoujo anime?

Post by KeiichiO »

Do you call throwing insults like that around "mature"?

Not ure if I'd really watch it... Probably yes, if only to see just how much it sucks.
Not really. I'm still but a child. I think I have a little more time to be immature x3
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Steinherz wrote:
Xomy wrote: 3) I would hate to have the characters voiced. They've all got their voice in my head already so it's like watching a movie adaptation of a book you've read. Things aren't right.
1) Well there have been animes based off of Visual Novels. Some of them are shit (Fate/Stay Night anyone?), but most are good (Majikoi, Fate/Zero, Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works, Clannad, Kanon, Tsukihime).
And then there's School Days :lol:
I agree with Xomy about the voices. :?

Majikoi is a good adaption of a shitty VN. :lol:
School Days was practically an anime to begin with. :lol:
MegaMoto wrote: And knowing anime these days... Forget story and character development. Hello cleavage and fanservice... no ty... Don't ruin my KS experience! :evil:
Not every VN to anime adaptions is as bad as School Days (GOD DAMMIT I THOUGHT ABOUT IT). What if Kyoto Animation got their hands on it.[/quote]
Not all new animes are like that. Try watching something with 20+ episodes. :)

Once again, School Days was like an anime to begin with. TNK did nothing to "ruin it" or whatever people are complaining about. In fact, they just made the animation better and did the least messed up storyline they could find. :3

If I could pick the animation studio, I'd choose either J.C.Staff or Xebec. :)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

KeiichiO wrote:Not really. I'm still but a child. I think I have a little more time to be immature x3
Not on these forums you don't.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Silentcook wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:Not really. I'm still but a child. I think I have a little more time to be immature x3
Not on these forums you don't.
Nicendeth

Post by Nicendeth »

OtakuNinja wrote:
Once again, School Days was like an anime to begin with. TNK did nothing to "ruin it" or whatever people are complaining about. In fact, they just made the animation better and did the least messed up storyline they could find. :3
What? That's totally untrue. The anime was a fusion involving every single one of the individual arcs in the game as well as several portions of Sekai AND Kotonoha's bloodiest most murderous bad endings into an individual plot. It was as messed up as they could possibly make it, on purpose. It was goddamn everywhere and warped every character to fit them into this massively unreal love tryst. For the shock value.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Nicendeth wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:
What? That's totally untrue. The anime was a fusion involving every single one of the individual arcs in the game as well as several portions of Sekai AND Kotonoha's bloodiest most murderous bad endings into an individual plot. It was as messed up as they could possibly make it, on purpose. It was goddamn everywhere and warped every character to fit them into this massively unreal love tryst. For the shock value.
Seems relevant:

But OtakuNinja has a point. School Days was a VN that played out like an anime already.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

Can we please stop talking about School Days it hurts my head. Let's talk about something good.
Loonie

Post by Loonie »

I'd watch it and it might actually turn out to be awesome...but I wouldn't treat it as KS.

It's kinda the same with every adaptation, even the good ones. The book is the book and the movie is the movie - if each can stand well enough on their own, and are both part of the same fictional background, more power to them both. And yet they are both also 'their own thing'. So long as the basic core of what each character was about and what the anime as a whole was about happened to be more or less the same as KS the VN, sure I'd watch it, consider it as part of the mythos and I'd look forward to the anime interpretation of the source material KS.

But it would not be the same as KS the VN. And I'd be cool with that.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Nicendeth wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:
Well in that sense it might be a little messed up. But at least the characters' reactions made sense, as opposed to in the VN. :? IMO, the anime's plot was decent and made for an interesting watch, instead of just being a so called "boob-anime".

P.S I like the murderous Kotonoha better than the sad one. :)
Loonie wrote:
An OVA series with focus on Kenji's life would be the best adaption. :mrgreen:
Loonie

Post by Loonie »

There's honestly a lot to explore about Kenji. I just dunno if it'd be smart to have him as the protagonist. I imagine they'd pick one of the most nasaly grating voices imaginable for him.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Loonie wrote:There's honestly a lot to explore about Kenji. I just dunno if it'd be smart to have him as the protagonist. I imagine they'd pick one of the most nasaly grating voices imaginable for him.
I've always imagined his Japanese VA to be Miyu Irino. His English VA is obviously the crazy church guy from L4D. :D
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

OtakuNinja wrote:
Loonie wrote:There's honestly a lot to explore about Kenji. I just dunno if it'd be smart to have him as the protagonist. I imagine they'd pick one of the most nasaly grating voices imaginable for him.
I've always imagined his Japanese VA to be Miyu Irino. His English VA is obviously the crazy church guy from L4D. :D
No, Kenji's English VA would be Greg Ayres AKA "Every Male Friend/Sidekick ever" :lol: (see: Kaoru Yamazaki from Welcome to the N.H.K.)
Or Chris Patton (using a similar voice to Tatsuhiro Satō from Welcome to the N.H.K.)
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Steinherz wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:
No, Kenji's English VA would be Greg Ayres
Sunohara, Kitagawa, Negi, Yukinojo... Nope, I still vote for the church guy. :lol:
ArazelEternal

Post by ArazelEternal »

Steinherz wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:
No, Kenji's English VA would be Greg Ayres AKA "Every Male Friend/Sidekick ever" :lol: (see: Kaoru Yamazaki from Welcome to the N.H.K.)
Or Chris Patton (using a similar voice to Tatsuhiro Satō from Welcome to the N.H.K.)
I think Greg Aryes would be perfect as Kenjis english V.O. Hilary Hagg (Yui, Angel Beats) would be great as Misha.

Lilly = Hanako, Emi, Rin, Shizune
I fell in love with Lilly and Hanako

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be your Emiest.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Merloficus wrote:And knowing anime these days... Forget story and character development. Hello cleavage and fanservice... no ty... Don't ruin my KS experience! :evil:
Spoken like someone who deliberately ignores a large amount of anime to hatewatch only the stuff he doesn't like... :P

And a KS anime would still be awful.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."