Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
HurricaneHarvey
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:07 am
Location: Idaho

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by HurricaneHarvey » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:09 pm

Erenussocrates wrote:Well, I guess it doesn't exactly count as running/workout, but recently, I started playing soccerball every evening with friends. And it makes me feel really good despite how I suck at soccerball. I decharge some of the energy inside me, my leg muscles function, I get sweaty and stuff. Well, I need a new pair of sneakers though. I guess this is more like Hisao/Emi style running around and playing soccerball, lol. I plan to do actual jogging after I finish Emi's route though.

Anyways, am I in? :3
There is a lot of running in soccer, I don't see how that couldn't count if you actually play a game and not just stand and try to kick past the goalie.
Sorry for my grammar and spelling. I am not very good at those...

User avatar
Althamus
Posts: 318
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:19 pm

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Althamus » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:47 pm

It's not like this thread is an exclusive club with rules and regulations regarding it's membership :P

If you want to read it or post on it, doso. If you want to talk about any exercise you may or may not have done as well, so much the better :P

btw, thanks HH for putting E100PU in the OP :D

Edit: Translation: "Oh, by the way Hurricane Harvey, thank you very much for adding a link to Emi's 100 Pushup Challenge in the original post on this topic :D"
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101

Erenussocrates
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:50 am

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Erenussocrates » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:05 pm

HurricaneHarvey wrote:
Erenussocrates wrote:Well, I guess it doesn't exactly count as running/workout, but recently, I started playing soccerball every evening with friends. And it makes me feel really good despite how I suck at soccerball. I decharge some of the energy inside me, my leg muscles function, I get sweaty and stuff. Well, I need a new pair of sneakers though. I guess this is more like Hisao/Emi style running around and playing soccerball, lol. I plan to do actual jogging after I finish Emi's route though.

Anyways, am I in? :3
There is a lot of running in soccer, I don't see how that couldn't count if you actually play a game and not just stand and try to kick past the goalie.
Ofcourse it might not count. It depends on point of view. A truly efficient exercise is the one which functions most of the muscles in one's body, imo. Soccer doesn't function every muscle in your body.
Also, I was mostly the keeper :'(

User avatar
Akros
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:23 am

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Akros » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:55 pm

Erenussocrates wrote:
HurricaneHarvey wrote:
Erenussocrates wrote:Well, I guess it doesn't exactly count as running/workout, but recently, I started playing soccerball every evening with friends. And it makes me feel really good despite how I suck at soccerball. I decharge some of the energy inside me, my leg muscles function, I get sweaty and stuff. Well, I need a new pair of sneakers though. I guess this is more like Hisao/Emi style running around and playing soccerball, lol. I plan to do actual jogging after I finish Emi's route though.

Anyways, am I in? :3
There is a lot of running in soccer, I don't see how that couldn't count if you actually play a game and not just stand and try to kick past the goalie.
Ofcourse it might not count. It depends on point of view. A truly efficient exercise is the one which functions most of the muscles in one's body, imo. Soccer doesn't function every muscle in your body.
Also, I was mostly the keeper :'(
I don't agree with you for several reasons:
1. It's called Football
2. You don't use sneakers to play football/soccer
3. It does count, but it won't if you just stare at the ball and wait for it to come, in fact, if you play a 90 min game you might run even more than the 5k in the program without a doubt

Anyway, I couldn't do the W8D3 again, went to play basketball again with some friends, also, I did the usual sit-ups afterwards and the first day of the 100 push-ups, which for me is W3D1 on Althamus chart :D
I gotta get done with the program before next weekend (not this one, the one after it :P )
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P

Erenussocrates
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:50 am

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Erenussocrates » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:52 pm

Akros wrote: I don't agree with you for several reasons:
1. It's called Football
What? It's called soccerball, whether or not you use official soccerball league rules or not while playing it doesn't make a difference. The thing you called football merely stands for the american football, or rugby and the likes. To be precise;

Image
This is soccer.

Image
This is football..
Akros wrote:2. You don't use sneakers to play football/soccer
Ofcourse I do, if I'd want to.. I don't need to buy crampons or anything to look cool or professional or badass. It's not something like official soccer league, like I said. It's just playing with some friends.
Akros wrote:3. It does count, but it won't if you just stare at the ball and wait for it to come, in fact, if you play a 90 min game you might run even more than the 5k in the program without a doubt
90 mins is the standart duration for official soccer matches. Which is not neccessary for my case. Also, I just pointed out that working out was a subjective matter thus it depends on point of view. So, the statement above stands pointless.

User avatar
Enemy |
Posts: 470
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Enemy | » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:09 pm

Soccer is called football pretty much everywhere that's not the U.S.
But let's not turn this into a semantics discussion, we all know what soccer is in this context.

User avatar
Pyramid Head
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:00 pm
Location: Silent Hill

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Pyramid Head » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:32 pm

Emi inspired? In what way? Well since it seems as though anything goes, my Emi inspired workout is to take a long five mile walk in the morning and whenever i spot someone driving on their cell phone, i yank them out of their car and break both their legs. But then again i did that BEFORE Katawa Shoujo, so i don't know if it counts.
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.

User avatar
Xden
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:39 pm
Location: Georgia, USA

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Xden » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:36 pm

Pyramid Head wrote:Emi inspired? In what way? Well since it seems as though anything goes, my Emi inspired workout is to take a long five mile walk in the morning and whenever i spot someone driving on their cell phone, i yank them out of their car and break both their legs. But then again i did that BEFORE Katawa Shoujo, so i don't know if it counts.
It's Emi inspired because Emi is a very dedicated runner, and tends to motivate a lot of people to be physically active.
Image
"Everyone sees what you appear to be. Few really know what you are." -Machiavelli

User avatar
Pyramid Head
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:00 pm
Location: Silent Hill

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Pyramid Head » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:38 pm

Xden wrote:
Pyramid Head wrote:Emi inspired? In what way? Well since it seems as though anything goes, my Emi inspired workout is to take a long five mile walk in the morning and whenever i spot someone driving on their cell phone, i yank them out of their car and break both their legs. But then again i did that BEFORE Katawa Shoujo, so i don't know if it counts.
It's Emi inspired because Emi is a very dedicated runner, and tends to motivate a lot of people to be physically active.

I think my one still counts as Emi inspired because she is violent at times and is the type to get pissed off at careless drivers.
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.

User avatar
Akros
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:23 am

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Akros » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:13 am

Erenussocrates wrote:
Image
This is soccer.

Image
This is football..

Please, just because you are American doesn't mean you are right, if most of the world calls it football is for a reason, football is not a copy of rugby, in football you use your feet for 90 min, not just one every 20 min or so.
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P

User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Xanatos » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:23 am

Akros wrote:Please, just because you are American doesn't mean you are right, if most of the world calls it football is for a reason, football is not a copy of rugby, in football you use your feet for 90 min, not just one every 20 min or so.
Thank you VERY much for pointlessly quoting a massive goddamn picture to fill the thread but I think it's already been decided that this discussion of semantics is inane and useless.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

User avatar
Akros
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:23 am

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Akros » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:15 am

Xanatos wrote:
Akros wrote:Please, just because you are American doesn't mean you are right, if most of the world calls it football is for a reason, football is not a copy of rugby, in football you use your feet for 90 min, not just one every 20 min or so.
Thank you VERY much for pointlessly quoting a massive goddamn picture to fill the thread but I think it's already been decided that this discussion of semantics is inane and useless.
Don't complain for something so stupid, it's no use, besides this isn't a discussion of semantics, like you said. Football is played with your feet, if Americans just grab a ball with their hands and call it football well.... you need to to learn the meaning of words
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P

User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Xanatos » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:18 am

Akros wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Akros wrote:Please, just because you are American doesn't mean you are right, if most of the world calls it football is for a reason, football is not a copy of rugby, in football you use your feet for 90 min, not just one every 20 min or so.
Thank you VERY much for pointlessly quoting a massive goddamn picture to fill the thread but I think it's already been decided that this discussion of semantics is inane and useless.
Don't complain for something so stupid, it's no use, besides this isn't a discussion of semantics, like you said. Football is played with your feet, if Americans just grab a ball with their hands and call it football well.... you need to to learn the meaning of words
This is a discussion of semantics and it's also stupid as hell. Football means different things depending on where you are. That's the fact of the matter and both of you need to get over that.

Next thing you know, we'll get people arguing over the word "fag" because some happen to think it's a gay guy while others think it's a cigarette. It's called language and, as shocking as this may be, languages have DIFFERENCES.

And it's not exclusive to Americans so you can quit referring to them.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

User avatar
Akros
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:23 am

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Akros » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:44 am

Xanatos wrote:
This is a discussion of semantics and it's also stupid as hell. Football means different things depending on where you are. That's the fact of the matter and both of you need to get over that.
Xanatos wrote: And it's not exclusive to Americans so you can quit referring to them.
Name 10 countries in which Football is called Soccer and without USA influence during the 20th century, then I might consider what you say
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P

User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Xanatos » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:50 am

It's not my problem if you won't consider facts. It's only my problem that this semantics bullshit clutters the thread. Take it elsewhere if you seriously can't get over it.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

Post Reply